Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Racing Podcasts

The so called experts big call on the final furlong podcast last week was to put people off Tiger Roll in the Grand National. These podcasts are a waste of time imo though I guess it can replace company if you're lonely.

Quote Originally Posted by redandwhite View Post
    The so called experts big call on the final furlong podcast last week was to put people off Tiger Roll in the Grand National. These podcasts are a waste of time imo though I guess it can replace company if you're lonely.
    I don't use any of the racing podcasts as tipping podcasts, instead I just like to listen to other people's opinions in case there is something I may have missed. Sometimes I agree with them and sometimes I strongly disagree but at the end of the day I make my own decisions of what to back, that way I only have myself to blame when it goes wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    He annoyed me as well Kev. Not only did he not watch it but he was very bitter about the race, most probably because he couldn't find the winner.

His whole rant was full of contradictions and left me wondering how he still has a high profile job in the racing post.
    I agree on the Segal rant, completely ridiculous considering he said he couldn't even be bothered watching it and full of contradictions.

I found it interesting that he appeared to be complaining that he finds the race boring because it's not like the old days when half the field would turn up and have absolutely no chance of winning, which suggests he doesn't like it because it's more competitive and he struggles to find a winner these days.

The #MNR podcast also called out TS for his ridiculous rant. Fair play to them.

The #MNR podcast also called out TS for his ridiculous rant. Fair play to them.
    Yeah that made me smile.

If we're mentioning annoying people though, the boy anhcoring that (that works for OLGB) is absolutely stealing a living.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Yeah that made me smile.

If we're mentioning annoying people though, the boy anhcoring that (that works for OLGB) is absolutely stealing a living.
    I take it you're not a fan Kev

I don't mind him tbh although the other lads could run rings round him with their racing knowledge. It is becoming one of my favourite podcasts and I wouldn't have known about it if it wasn't for this thread, so thanks Kev

I take it you're not a fan Kev

I don't mind him tbh although the other lads could run rings round him with their racing knowledge. It is becoming one of my favourite podcasts and I wouldn't have known about it if it wasn't for this thread, so thanks Kev
    I think that is what annoys me, he seems hugely out of his depth ... and instead of it sounding genuine about him wanting to learn about the game, it seems forced to sell books or attract listeners.

His voice annoys me, and his face. Just joking.... if I had to be completely honest though, the reason I probably dislike him is because he's about my age and doing what I want to be doing so I'm just jealous and bitter

I'm actually annoyed there isn't a podcast to listen to tonight.... going on a health kick because I've smashed 5 stone on since my wedding and now need to lose it.Kevloaf actually looks like Meatloaf right now!

IF anyone is in to US racing.... this probably would be heaven....
    https://player.fm/series/the-horse-r...etwork-podcast
    Equine Forum...

5 stone since your wedding.......that's good living mate!

5 stone since your wedding.......that's good living mate!
    Yeah, I had planned it, so it isn't a surprise

Long hard grind to lose it now before 1st October... not complaining though.