Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Mares Novice Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cap Soleil as impressive as i've seen this season there. Any soft in the going description for this race come March and i'd reckon she'll carry the bulk of my money

Comment

How good is this Paul Fergusons book? The ante post bets are coming from this I missed the 14s

Comment

Yes, Cap Soleil looks very useful. A lot depends on how good the Ricci mare is mind, as he's won the only 2 running's of this race and I can't see him wanting to give it up lightly. But I certainly can't knock that performance by CS there.

Comment

Very good performance from cap soleil and I'm very happy with that. Gone back in at 10s which i wouldnt usually do. But that was a serious race. I honestly don't think she should be any bigger than 5/1 regardless of her trainer. Countister is an extremely useful line of french form through chambard and cut the mustard.
          I'd be very bullish of her chances in any race coming up.
          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Leaves my book on this race as.
            Cap soleil 19.5 10/1
            Salsaretta 20/1
            Dame de compagnie 25/1
            Mystic theatre 16/1
            Kupatana 25/1
            Ainsi va la vie 16s.

Rip fayonagh 6/1.
            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Fayonagh was about the only bumper horse in recent years I had come to have any confidence in, I usually avoid the Bumper winners, as for me, recent years haven't always chucked up good things for the festival, they instead seem to be less exposed/experienced horses from the PTP field or from abroad.

I don't know how the figures stand, winner wise for this festival, for bumper winners from either Aintree or Cheltenham but just looking through the years, there are clearly some quality horses, that haven't always managed to bring it home at the festival.

The last Cheltenham bumper winner to do so was Champagne Fever, who won the Supreme, and before him Cue Card, who won the Ryanair 3 years after winning his bumper, but honestly, aside from that there are more losers than winners.

The Aintree bumper is much the same, in fact most of these look even weaker, the exception in recent years being The New One, who went on to win the Neptune in 2013, but overall it doesn't feel me with confidence.

I'm pretty sure someone, somewhere on here said the placed and unplaced horses in the bumpers had a better record at the festival that those that won the Championship bumpers themselves, but I may need correcting on that?

Cap Soleil wasn't of course from one of these bumpers, but she won a listed bumper at Sandown, which is enough doubt for me currently.
              Last edited by ComplyOrDie; 9 November 2017, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                Fayonagh was about the only bumper horse in recent years I had come to have any confidence in, I usually avoid the Bumper winners, as for me, recent years haven't always chucked up good things for the festival, they instead seem to be less exposed/experienced horses from the PTP field or from abroad.

I don't know how the figures stand, winner wise for this festival, for bumper winners from either Aintree or Cheltenham but just looking through the years, there are clearly some quality horses, that haven't always managed to bring it home at the festival.

The last Cheltenham bumper winner to do so was Champagne Fever, who won the Supreme, and before him Cue Card, who won the Ryanair 3 years after winning his bumper, but honestly, aside from that there are more losers than winners.

The Aintree bumper is much the same, in fact most of these look even weaker, the exception in recent years being The New One, who went on to win the Neptune in 2013, but overall it doesn't feel me with confidence.

I'm pretty sure someone, somewhere on here said the placed and unplaced horses in the bumpers had a better record at the festival that those that won the Championship bumpers themselves, but I may need correcting on that?
                It's a real tricky one to assess as, unlike the other Cheltenham festival races, the best horses are not always entered in the Champion Bumper. Gigginstown and Henderson both have a dislike for the race and as a result, their best bumper horses are rerouted elsewhere. Between those two alone you will have a lot of top notch bumper horses missing the race each year.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                  Leaves my book on this race as.
                  Cap soleil 19.5 10/1
                  Salsaretta 20/1
                  Dame de compagnie 25/1
                  Mystic theatre 16/1
                  Kupatana 25/1
                  Ainsi va la vie 16s.

Rip fayonagh 6/1.
                  My book is exactly the same minus Kupatana. Really tempted to go back in on Cap Soleil as the ground today was good to soft and I think she's overpriced still at 8s

Comment

Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                    It's a real tricky one to assess as, unlike the other Cheltenham festival races, the best horses are not always entered in the Champion Bumper. Gigginstown and Henderson both have a dislike for the race and as a result, their best bumper horses are rerouted elsewhere. Between those two alone you will have a lot of top notch bumper horses missing the race each year.
                    Yeah I do agree with that.

Looked at a Newbury Listed bumper that Barters Hill won, only beat Buveur D'air & Altior in the same race, they've gone on to achieve all manner of success whilst he failed in the potato race at the festival and of course has since been plagued by problems.

I, personally, feel that the bumper winners tend to get pushed hard and possibly, to a degree, over raced for their age, which is maybe why the majority fail to go on from there, only the real top class animals push on, but this is more of a suggestive reasoning rather than factual or the like.

Comment

Cap Soleil - whoosh , you have to be impressed with that. Upsides at the last then the afterburners switched on. Didnt come of the bridle , set the standard so far by far , very taking performance.

Comment

Hugely impressive run today. Sets the benchmark for the season by far. Henderson was full of praise for the second at the start of the season and i'd expect that race to through up plenty as the season goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by The Beast View Post
                          Cap Soleil - whoosh , you have to be impressed with that. Upsides at the last then the afterburners switched on. Didnt come of the bridle , set the standard so far by far , very taking performance.
                          If she stays sound she'll be in the mixer come March.

Comment

Big time with the allowance I think she would be able to mix it with the boys, that was a serious marker for this race. These are the trainer comments after the race from the RP.

I think we'll have come back here for the Listed mares' novice hurdle at the next meeting. Cap Soleil will have a penalty, but, looking at the size of her, I don't think it will stop her. There's no point panicking (about running against geldings) and we'll just plot the easiest route. She's excited us all summer because she did so well; she came back looking bigger and stronger and hasn't missed a day. She doesn't know she's a racehorse. She's so straightforward and easy to train. I'm lucky to have her. She'll stay further, but I think 2m on heavy ground will be ideal and she's full of quality. The Cheltenham mares' novice hurdle is the dream for Cap Soleil - Fergal O'Brien, trainer.

Comment

With the trainer not having a Cheltenham winner yet, and the owners being fairly low profile in the NH game (heard from the trainer they we're thrilled and loving every moment from today!) .... will they not be tempted to try and get a win at the festival?

I'd be amazed if they pitched Cap Soleil anywhere but the Mares Novice race at the festival ... if she'd be fav for that, then why go elsewhere.

***sorry billy, didn't read your post before I posted... so didn't see the trainers quote stating that.... at least my own train of thought seemed to be correct

Comment

yeah agree with those comments and the excellent points you make Kev this would seem the target and she would be a serious threat to anything that came from Hendo or Ireland

Comment

Working...
                                X