Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Mares Novice Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SAMCRO View Post
    Dame de compagnie running tomorrow at Uttoxeter. Could be very useful and 20s at bet365 might not be there after!
    Looking forward to this. I wrote a lengthy piece in the other Mares Novice Hurdle thread. What I like most about her is that I was able to find a video of her previous run so you know she can jump. With so many other Novices you never quite know until they hit the track over here and by then the price is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by SAMCRO View Post
      Dame de compagnie running tomorrow at Uttoxeter. Could be very useful and 20s at bet365 might not be there after!
      Nice debut that!

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
        Nice debut that!
        Henderson is strong in the Mares department this year so she may not even be the best one

Comment

Mystic Theatre had a crashing fall there. Hope she is OK! Travelling much the best!

Comment

Impossible not to be impressed the Dame De Compagnie there.... we don't know if she finds anything off the bridle though

Too early to tell if Mystic Theatre would have won the race, was travelling well and stepped at the fence. Horse was okay though, Ruby was walking her back while sat on her

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              Impossible not to be impressed the Dame De Compagnie there.... we don't know if she finds anything off the bridle though

Too early to tell if Mystic Theatre would have won the race, was travelling well and stepped at the fence. Horse was okay though, Ruby was walking her back while sat on her
              That was my point about having access to her previous start. She goes after the winner and knuckles down well in the finish....

Comment

Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                That was my point about having access to her previous start. She goes after the winner and knuckles down well in the finish....

https://youtu.be/m31MSdEsDLw
                Full package then. These mares races could over time become quite an exciting little series

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                  Full package then. These mares races could over time become quite an exciting little series
                  I fully agree that the Mares Hurdle will become more competitive over the coming years. The big owners are investing in more Mares and the race program helps too.

Comment

Countister and cap soleil both entered up in what looks a very competative race, dame rose entered in the same race worth a mention.
                    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Was really impressed with dame de compagnie, travelled like a dream and was hard on the steel crossing the line.. not easy to gauge what's she's beat but then again there isn't a horse in the betting with solid credentials.. would of been made a lot clearer if mystical theatre had stood up.. if she'd of won she'd be 5/1 favourite

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                        Countister and cap soleil both entered up in what looks a very competative race, dame rose entered in the same race worth a mention.
                        Great race tomorrow in the context of this one. Cap Soleil vs Dame Rose vs Countister. Cap Soleil's form looks rock solid to me, and with the form of FOB's stable at the moment, (and the soft in the going description that we're told she needs), i'd be disappointed if she doesn't take this

Comment

Originally posted by Robante View Post
                          Great race tomorrow in the context of this one. Cap Soleil vs Dame Rose vs Countister. Cap Soleil's form looks rock solid to me, and with the form of FOB's stable at the moment, (and the soft in the going description that we're told she needs), i'd be disappointed if she doesn't take this
                          I cant pick, countister is a multiple graded mare also. Who ever wins and if one wins well they deserve to be fav for this race imo.

Comment

I cant pick, countister is a multiple graded mare also. Who ever wins and if one wins well they deserve to be fav for this race imo.
                            Regardless of sex, this is probably the first novice race of the season where there will be genuine substance to the form.

Comment

Countister is a tough one to get a handle on. She's raced 13 times already, seems an improver, but then i saw the point raised as to why she wasn't tried over jumps earlier given that her her initial trainer is a top NH trainer.

If Countister goes close i wonder if they'd be tempted to give either her or Dame De Compagnie a shot at the boys

Comment

Originally posted by Robante View Post
                                Countister is a tough one to get a handle on. She's raced 13 times already, seems an improver, but then i saw the point raised as to why she wasn't tried over jumps earlier given that her her initial trainer is a top NH trainer.

If Countister goes close i wonder if they'd be tempted to give either her or Dame De Compagnie a shot at the boys
                                All very possible at this stage,
                                Countister could finish 3rd beaten 5 lengths and that form could still be stronger than dame de compagnies maiden hurdle. Such is the strength and depth of the race tomorrow.

I think you'd rather runs 2 in the mares race at this stage than go against the boys, especially with the investments jp has made in the ptp fields and bumper winners. Still has plenty to come out. Ie cool getaway, red jack etc...
                                Last edited by Scooby91; 8 November 2017, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X