Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Mares Novice Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robante View Post
    Not very encouraging comments on the Fergal O’Brien blog about Cap Soleil. ‘Cap Soleil ran another blinder in a Listed Mares Hurdle on Saturday and just needed the ground to be softer to show her true colours’. No mention of injury though it’s been reported elsewhere. Don’t know what to make of that given that the ground description was exactly the same as when beating Dame Rose previously.

Have Salsaretta, Mystic Theatre and Ainsi Va La Vie backed for this race also, but in looking for some more cover I’ve stumbled upon Sunshade. Out today in a fairly hot looking novices Hurdle, Sunshade beat Oscar Rose 6 lengths cosily first time out over hurdles. Oscar Rose previously finished ahead of Petticoat Tails (also out today), so Sunshade’s form ties in nicely with Dame Rose and Cap Soleil. Clearly likes good ground so today will be a nice test on good to soft over a bit further. Owned by the Queen, If she wins today I think she’ll shorten quite a bit so happy to take a chance pre-race and have a small interest at 33s
    Good work . She's one of had my eye on. But I can't back them all.

I wouldn't take bumper form over hurdles but i can see how you've worked it out.
    Last edited by Scooby91; 7 December 2017, 08:27 AM.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      Good work . She's one of had my eye on. But I can't back them all.

I wouldn't take bumper form over hurdles but i can see how you've worked it out.
      Actually not confident she'll win today, but if she does think it would mark her down as a contender and she'd be aimed here. Salsaretta's French form is pretty rock solid but she's no sort of price before we've seen her out. Haven't got Apples Shakira covered for this race but if any of JP's other juveniles get out and spark first time (likes of Demopolis) then I can definitely see her aimed here

Comment

Actually not confident she'll win today, but if she does think it would mark her down as a contender and she'd be aimed here. Salsaretta's French form is pretty rock solid but she's no sort of price before we've seen her out. Haven't got Apples Shakira covered for this race but if any of JP's other juveniles get out and spark first time (likes of Demopolis) then I can definitely see her aimed here
        Salsarettas French form is poor.
        But she has excuses before her last run.
        She obviously progressed to run 2nd to dvina.
        Dvinas a good horse but nothing special by any means
        they've had her long enough to get a tune out of her if she has enough ability. And her form isnt the reason shes been backed for this.

Wasn't the reason I backed her And Annamix months ago anyway

Comment

Salsarettas French form is poor.
          But she has excuses before her last run.
          She obviously progressed to run 2nd to dvina.
          Dvinas a good horse but nothing special by any means
          they've had her long enough to get a tune out of her if she has enough ability. And her form isnt the reason shes been backed for this.

Wasn't the reason I backed her And Annamix months ago anyway
          Interesting how two people can read form differently! Having spent hour upon hour going over the French form I had her listed as pretty solid on the basis of the horses she beat last time out. The form is muddled but found one formline that puts her close to Deca De Thaix, who’s a pretty classy performer. Either way there is clearly enough potential there for her to be smart enough, and she must have schooled well

Comment

• Salsaretta has entries at Tramore next Thursday.

Not sure if this has been posted before but Mystic Theatre is on the easy list at the moment.

Just a personal view but I'd expect Ainsi Va La Vie to be more likely to follow the Augusta Kate route and contest the Albert Bartlett but her future entries should give a clue.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
              Salsaretta has entries at Tramore next Thursday.

Not sure if this has been posted before but Mystic Theatre is on the easy list at the moment.

Just a personal view but I'd expect Ainsi Va La Vie to be more likely to follow the Augusta Kate route and contest the Albert Bartlett but her future entries should give a clue.
              I'd agree with ainsi va la vie, nice mare but as soon as she was entered over 2m7 I pretty much wrote that bet off

Laurina also entered in that race. Her forms not worked out well at all. But mullins seems to work his magic somehow.

Comment

• Very impressive that from Sunshade, travels really well

Comment

Very impressive that from Sunshade, travels really well
                  Thanks for the update.
                  Just took the 36.0 on the exchange.

Comment

Thanks for the update.
                    Just took the 36.0 on the exchange.
                    Apples Shakira, Sunshade and Dame De Compagnie (if she bounces back) three lovely fillies for Henderson to aim somewhere. If Sunshade gets to this race at the festival she'll likely shorten dramatically anyway due to the hype surrounding the Queen

Comment

Apples Shakira, Sunshade and Dame De Compagnie (if she bounces back) three lovely fillies for Henderson to aim somewhere. If Sunshade gets to this race at the festival she'll likely shorten dramatically anyway due to the hype surrounding the Queen
                      Don't forget kupatana. Elimay, Apple's shakira.
                      And countister could well be better than dame de compagnie.

Sunshade I could see in any other yard going up in trip but hendersons not a fan of going up in trip until they have to.

She diddnt beat much today but she did what she had to. And she's progressive.

Comment

• Salsaretta entered in a couple of races at Tramore on Thursday

Find out the latest information about Salsaretta including the next race, the latest horse race odds, previous wins, owner information and loads more from At The Races.

Comment

• Cap Soleil back out again today, over slightly further, 1:00 Haydock. On favoured heavy ground 6/4 seems a great price. I’d be worried about my bets on her for this race as I think a win today will only strengthen connections’ insistence that she needs heavy ground to be at her best. She beat Countister and Dame Rose comfortably on good to soft first time out this year, so hard to gauge her true running and where she now stands

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbante View Post
                            Cap Soleil back out again today, over slightly further, 1:00 Haydock. On favoured heavy ground 6/4 seems a great price. I’d be worried about my bets on her for this race as I think a win today will only strengthen connections’ insistence that she needs heavy ground to be at her best. She beat Countister and Dame Rose comfortably on good to soft first time out this year, so hard to gauge her true running and where she now stands
                            She's got the weight of my money on her today.
                            Small doubles with lami serge and lil rockerfeller in the long walk to cover my uknowhatimeanharry stayers hurdle bet.
                            I would deffinately expect her to win today. Skeltons won a very weak race and mullins horse court artist beat beat barra, but Barra herself has not been in the same form of late. I'd be very disappointed if cap soleil diddnt win today.
                            Last edited by Scooby91; 23 December 2017, 08:26 AM.

Comment

She's got the weight of my money on her today.
                              Small doubles with lami serge and lil rockerfeller in the long walk to cover my uknowhatimeanharry stayers hurdle bet.
                              I would deffinately expect her to win today. Skeltons won a very weak race and mullins horse court artist beat beat barra, but Barra herself has not been in the same form of late. I'd be very disappointed if cap soleil diddnt win today.
                              All conditions in her favour and she should be winning this, same with uknowhatimeanharry. L’ami Serge interests me also, both today and for cheltenham if there’s some cut

Comment

• Glad I was on today as that was anything but impressive in the context of this race

Comment

Working...
                                X