Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Pertemps Final 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoping Holly Bush Henry puts in another nice performance tomorrow to prove he's in good form still. (Had loads of runs this season). Trainer said he was going to protect his hurdles mark and win some chases and has already done that, with this being the aim.

As CK pointed out though, Louis Vac Pouch did wallop him, and I am ever so close to taking the 14/1 that is available still. Just not sure how much shorter he'll get compared to how "good" the place terms might be.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      Hoping Holly Bush Henry puts in another nice performance tomorrow to prove he's in good form still. (Had loads of runs this season). Trainer said he was going to protect his hurdles mark and win some chases and has already done that, with this being the aim.

As CK pointed out though, Louis Vac Pouch did wallop him, and I am ever so close to taking the 14/1 that is available still. Just not sure how much shorter he'll get compared to how "good" the place terms might be.
      Any particular reason you fancy Holly Bush Henry Kev? Improvement on good ground? Haven’t got him covered for this as his mark of 142 seems steep. Connetable is at 136 and finished a neck behind Holly Bush Henry giving him 4 pounds. Louis Vac Pouch is at 145 but beat Holly Bush Henry 10 lengths giving him 5 pounds. Added connetable the other day as seems to be going under the radar and overpriced

Comment

It's because of how consistant he's been too. I fully accept other horses are better handicapped (like the two you've mentioned) but I am 99% sure HBH will run to his mark, and the higher that mark is, technically the harder it is for others to best it in the day.

Some horses are well handicapped but very hit and miss ... I want one I am confident will run his race.

I did add Louis Vac Pouch too this morning

Comment

Originally posted by Robbante View Post
          Blow by Blow and Delta Work added for this race with Hills, both 20/1. I like them both and already have a little bit on BBB any race, but am torn as to how their marks fit into their cheltenham plans (BBB 132 Irish rating, Delta Work 139 Irish rating). Anyone got a clue? Delta Work might have a nice mark for the Martin Pipe, but I guess we can assume Pertemps now the plan for them both?
          Nothing would please me more than to see a big performance by BBB. I smashed into him and Samcro in the 'to win any race' market at 10/1 and 14/1 respectively. Obviously delighted with the Samcro price but BBB pushed out to 33's and looking like he needs 5 miles has left me firmly on the back foot there

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
            It's because of how consistant he's been too. I fully accept other horses are better handicapped (like the two you've mentioned) but I am 99% sure HBH will run to his mark, and the higher that mark is, technically the harder it is for others to best it in the day.

Some horses are well handicapped but very hit and miss ... I want one I am confident will run his race.

I did add Louis Vac Pouch too this morning
            Fair points, not going to be a lot between the principles and always a tough race to read. Half the battle if youve got a horse in form that at least should run up to his best. Connetable doesn’t appear to have the heart for a battle but hoping that’s because he hasn’t been asked for everything with his mark in mind

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post
              Nothing would please me more than to see a big performance by BBB. I smashed into him and Samcro in the 'to win any race' market at 10/1 and 14/1 respectively. Obviously delighted with the Samcro price but BBB pushed out to 33's and looking like he needs 5 miles has left me firmly on the back foot there
              He’d need to go close to winning it to get in I think. BBB out in front with delta work an easy 5th could get them both in

Comment

Originally posted by Robbante View Post
                Fair points, not going to be a lot between the principles and always a tough race to read. Half the battle if youve got a horse in form that at least should run up to his best. Connetable doesn’t appear to have the heart for a battle but hoping that’s because he hasn’t been asked for everything with his mark in mind
                I also am hoping James Bowen keeps the ride

Comment

Hi guys I own louis vac pouch I was just having a nosey to see what else is fancied in the race and came across this site, LVP is well and definitely goes for the race, it was a difficult decision not to run again after aintree but we felt he would have won again as he is really improving but that would of given him little chance of winning this race and with that in mind we have given him the best chance to win

Comment

Originally posted by Adamhorses View Post
                    Hi guys I own louis vac pouch I was just having a nosey to see what else is fancied in the race and came across this site, LVP is well and definitely goes for the race, it was a difficult decision not to run again after aintree but we felt he would have won again as he is really improving but that would of given him little chance of winning this race and with that in mind we have given him the best chance to win
                    Welcome Adam and thanks for the info. Do you fancy his chances. A few of us on here do

Comment

• Originally posted by Adamhorses View Post
                      Just to re-iterate what Ryan has said really, firstly welcome to FJ, I know many on here are keen on LVP, including myself, so good luck with him at the festival

Comment

Welcome Adam! he's a lovely horse.

You think there is plenty room in the mark given??

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                          Welcome Adam and thanks for the info. Do you fancy his chances. A few of us on here do
                          Hi guys thanks for the warm welcome, firstly I would of stuck some info up had a known of it when I joined only got a strong word for festival dawn later this morning (was very close to landing a touch at 33s).

Lvp, he's flying at home I would have loved a run before but couldn't risk it he's improving all the time, philip told me he was good before he ran in bumpers they didn't suit as he needs a trip. He will be primed up and ready to roll so fingers crossed. I have 2 more out before then Arthur mac who won a few weeks ago in a bumper and little Rory mac who hasn't seen a course before.

Is there any button to click for an alert when someone has replied to your messages or do you just have to log in and check?

Awake at midnight will win tomorrow first race ludlow

Comment

• Great to have you aboard Adam, best of luck with LVP, hope he gets there sound for the big day, he looks to have an excellent chance

Comment

Hi guys thanks for the warm welcome, firstly I would of stuck some info up had a known of it when I joined only got a strong word for festival dawn later this morning (was very close to landing a touch at 33s).

Lvp, he's flying at home I would have loved a run before but couldn't risk it he's improving all the time, philip told me he was good before he ran in bumpers they didn't suit as he needs a trip. He will be primed up and ready to roll so fingers crossed. I have 2 more out before then Arthur mac who won a few weeks ago in a bumper and little Rory mac who hasn't seen a course before.

Is there any button to click for an alert when someone has replied to your messages or do you just have to log in and check?

Awake at midnight will win tomorrow first race ludlow
                              Welcome Adam.

You have to log in and check, but please do

A few pages back there was some excellent points made about the great chance your horse has so thank you for the update.

Good luck with your others! How many do you have in total?

Comment

• Cheers guys, I just have the 3 I bought the last 2 through gambling I bet pretty heavy but this season has been a right off with the horses having coughs and colds, I think it's now turned a corner and I'm hoping to make some money now and also see mine and the rest of his horses run well, I think you will see a big difference sand the horse today was proof of a turn around for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X