Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Pertemps Final 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trainer Phil Middleton arrived at Fakenham on Monday by helicopter and probably left by armoured van after his Holly Bush Henry landed him the final leg of a lucrative accumulator.

Middleton, 66, permed Ascot winners Jenkins, Drumcliff, Acting Lass and a non-runner in a £200 each-way bet at the weekend, with the winnings set to roll on to his own Holly Bush Henry.

Carrying a welter burden of 12st 3lb, less jockey James Bowen's 5lb claim, 5-2 favourite Holly Bush Henry gamely fought his way to victory in the 3m handicap chase, netting Middleton upwards of £50,000.

The trainer said: "Mark [Lowther, co-owner] has a box at Ascot and we were there socially on Saturday. I had a £100 each-way Yankee and also had the same four horses with Holly Bush Henry in a £200 each-way accumulator. I've not worked it out, but it's over £50,000."

Middleton added: "After Holly Bush Henry won at Sandown I said we'd put him away for the Pertemps Final at Cheltenham, but he was so well and I couldn't let him down.

"I said to Mark we'd win a chase with him instead, to protect his hurdles mark, and he was so game today."

Pertemps mark obviously one they like. 33/1 with WH .... as short as 14 on places NRNB....

1pt ew?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      Trainer Phil Middleton arrived at Fakenham on Monday by helicopter and probably left by armoured van after his Holly Bush Henry landed him the final leg of a lucrative accumulator.

Middleton, 66, permed Ascot winners Jenkins, Drumcliff, Acting Lass and a non-runner in a £200 each-way bet at the weekend, with the winnings set to roll on to his own Holly Bush Henry.

Carrying a welter burden of 12st 3lb, less jockey James Bowen's 5lb claim, 5-2 favourite Holly Bush Henry gamely fought his way to victory in the 3m handicap chase, netting Middleton upwards of £50,000.

The trainer said: "Mark [Lowther, co-owner] has a box at Ascot and we were there socially on Saturday. I had a £100 each-way Yankee and also had the same four horses with Holly Bush Henry in a £200 each-way accumulator. I've not worked it out, but it's over £50,000."

Middleton added: "After Holly Bush Henry won at Sandown I said we'd put him away for the Pertemps Final at Cheltenham, but he was so well and I couldn't let him down.

"I said to Mark we'd win a chase with him instead, to protect his hurdles mark, and he was so game today."

Pertemps mark obviously one they like. 33/1 with WH .... as short as 14 on places NRNB....

1pt ew?
      It got mullered at Aintree by Louis vac Pouch - I’d rather have the 20s on Louis!

Comment

Originally posted by Cashew King View Post
        It got mullered at Aintree by Louis vac Pouch - I’d rather have the 20s on Louis!
        Sounds like they're happy enough with that. LVP has had his day in the sun?

The winners of the qualifiers aren't usually the ones to come out on top in the day...

Comment

The winners of the qualifiers aren't usually the ones to come out on top in the day...
          Don’t back Hollybush then - won the qualifier at Sandown in December!

Comment

Not necessarily though. Connections knew Fingal Bay could win off top weight when his Novice Chasing fell apart. He won a late qualifier and landed a gamble on the day. I do agree, its more of a "plot" race, unless you can find one that had better targets for the year and didnt quite reach its potential (for whatever reason).

Comment

I agree it’s a plot race - I think Louis’s been plotted up for this all season. This was what Johnson said back in November:

“Richard Johnson: Pertemps Final is Louis’ Vac Pouch's target
              13 Nov

I was torn between going to Aintree to ride Louis’ Vac Pouch or Wincanton for Copper Kay, as I thought they both had decent chances.

Philip told me I should head up to Liverpool and he was exactly right. He’s the brains of the outfit and I’m always better off listening to him.

The Silver Trophy at Chepstow has worked out really well and Louis’ Vac Pouch was only beaten a couple of lengths there.

He was a little bit keen early on over three miles for the first time, so he did well to win. He saw out the trip really well.

His owners are really enthusiastic and I’m sure they’ll be keen to have a go at the Pertemps Final in March.”

I’ve nothing against Holly Bush - I backed him today & won on him at Sandown but he ran 6th on the first qualifier, 4th in the Aintree race & won the Sandown race - not your typical plot? Look at the form of the LVP races this year, add in he’s only ran at 3 miles once, is a young improving horse & 20s look a knocking bet to me - just my opinion!

Comment

Just back Calett Mad lads 33/1 any race with hills or 20/1 NRNB then collect large sums of money from your bookmaker on 15th of March!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cashew King View Post
                  I agree it’s a plot race - I think Louis’s been plotted up for this all season. This was what Johnson said back in November:

“Richard Johnson: Pertemps Final is Louis’ Vac Pouch's target
                  13 Nov

I was torn between going to Aintree to ride Louis’ Vac Pouch or Wincanton for Copper Kay, as I thought they both had decent chances.

Philip told me I should head up to Liverpool and he was exactly right. He’s the brains of the outfit and I’m always better off listening to him.

The Silver Trophy at Chepstow has worked out really well and Louis’ Vac Pouch was only beaten a couple of lengths there.

He was a little bit keen early on over three miles for the first time, so he did well to win. He saw out the trip really well.

His owners are really enthusiastic and I’m sure they’ll be keen to have a go at the Pertemps Final in March.”

I’ve nothing against Holly Bush - I backed him today & won on him at Sandown but he ran 6th on the first qualifier, 4th in the Aintree race & won the Sandown race - not your typical plot? Look at the form of the LVP races this year, add in he’s only ran at 3 miles once, is a young improving horse & 20s look a knocking bet to me - just my opinion!
                  You make a very good case.
                  https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                  Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by billymag View Post
                    Just back Calett Mad lads 33/1 any race with hills or 20/1 NRNB then collect large sums of money from your bookmaker on 15th of March!!!!
                    Did he have excuses last time out? Beaten 20+ lengths by OTBS and Poetic Rhythm, one of which at least will be reopposing if he’s in the bartlett. Not sure where he stands in the pecking order for the pertemps, hope he runs Friday

Comment

Originally posted by Robbante View Post
                      Did he have excuses last time out? Beaten 20+ lengths by OTBS and Poetic Rhythm, one of which at least will be reopposing if he’s in the bartlett. Not sure where he stands in the pecking order for the pertemps, hope he runs Friday
                      33/1 any race for me. I know you have played up the horses chances all season Archie so fingers crossed

Comment

Calett Mad jocked up in the Bartlett race at donny Saturday rather than the pertemps qualifier on Friday

Comment

Originally posted by Geordieboy83 View Post
                          33/1 any race for me. I know you have played up the horses chances all season Archie so fingers crossed
                          Sorry that was ment for Billymag

Comment

Originally posted by Robbante View Post
                            Calett Mad jocked up in the Bartlett race at donny Saturday rather than the pertemps qualifier on Friday
                            on at any race, but backed earlier in season for AB when billy first mentioned

Comment

Cashed out my 33/1 Calett Mad bet for the AB earlier this week as it was the same price for 'Any Race' with Hills, which made more sense to back!

Comment

Jacob jocked up at Doncaster, fiddle-sticks!!! have to go and win the Albert Bartlett then by the looks!!! Good ground is essential to him, hes a 150+ horse on it, he hates soft ground. Im hoping his flop last time was mainly due to a few quick runs, hes had a nice break now, so hopefully he runs well at the weekend. The ground at Doncaster might be soft but looks like thats where hes going with the jockey booking!! Fools, dont they know he would destroy them in the Pertemps

Comment

Working...
                                X