Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Diamond Cauchois 8/1 fav for this race and hasn't qualified yet? He's only got 21st feb race to qualify you would think. Interesting Elliot plot...........

Sure you guys have , but have you checked out Louis Vac Pouch form this season in two races so far and the horses in front and behind him?

had my 1st nibble in this race.
    Glenloe & The Organist 20/1 with the NR insurance. I figure if they don't run in this race they won't run at all.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorwu View Post
    Diamond Cauchois 8/1 fav for this race and hasn't qualified yet? He's only got 21st feb race to qualify you would think. Interesting Elliot plot...........
    Has an entry for next Friday’s qualifier at Huntingdon.

Quote Originally Posted by cpfcpatriot View Post
    Has an entry for next Fridayís qualifier at Huntingdon.
    Looks like Gordon is on a scouting mission as he also has Glenloe entered as well. Diamond Cauchois needs to qualify but he's also already on a fairly high Irish mark of 143 so they may look elsewhere if he gets slapped with a hike over here. Glenloe on the other hand has qualified but is only on an Irish mark of 134 so he'll need a bit of help from the Phil Smith inflation.

Looks like the people who backed callet mad any race might still have a live chance if he gets qualified for the pertemps

Quote Originally Posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
    Looks like Gordon is on a scouting mission as he also has Glenloe entered as well. Diamond Cauchois needs to qualify but he's also already on a fairly high Irish mark of 143 so they may look elsewhere if he gets slapped with a hike over here. Glenloe on the other hand has qualified but is only on an Irish mark of 134 so he'll need a bit of help from the Phil Smith inflation.
    Im sure Phil Smith will be more than helpful

Glenloe blue across the boards today. Be no surprise to see Gordon and JP line one out for this. Not on myself yet (iv actually backed JPs other one, The Organist). And interestingly enough Call the Taxie who Glenloe beat in its maiden, seems to be well supported for the Thyestes.

Glenloe looks a chaser in the making which seems to be a trend for this race too.

I mentioned on the Albert Bartlett thread some months ago that I really fancied Calett Mad at the prices. I see he's entered in a qualifier for this race at Huntingdon on Friday. I really think that we will see him to better effect when he gets some genuinely good ground to run on. Off his mark of 141 he could look thrown in for this and I could see him having a stone in hand off that mark (on good ground).
    I will be very interested to see if he's in the final declarations for the Huntingdon qualifier, hopefully he is and runs a nice race that doesn't wreck his mark but qualifies him for the final.
    Hills are still 33/1 any chelt race and ive taken that with their price boost to around 36/1.

A friend pointed out to me today that all French Breds to run this century have been beaten in the race (71 in total), so that would be a concern, but I wonder how many French breds have run in the race with at least a stone in hand!!!! lol
    He is a confident selection in the any race market as long as he gets decent ground in whichever race he runs.

I like that selection actually. Completely missed him and id rather the trend of a fancied Albert Bartlett horse turned handicapper over no French bred ever winning tbh! And trends are always broken at some point

It does look like a particularly strong qualifier though. I'll be watching with interest. 16 out of the 24 that ran in this last year ran in the last 5 qualifiers so I want to leave my bets late this year but a strong qualifier usually works out.