Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Pertemps Final 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kev,
    The 2 to take out of the race for me are Glenloe & Art of Security. AOS made a very nice move from a long way back 2 out making sure he had no chance with the front pair.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      Old Vic needs to combine the two

As I'm sure everyone knows, the last two winners of the Pertemps placed in todays race in Ireland....(Presenting Percy and Mall Dini)

Todays result:
      1st Mine Now
      2nd A Great View
      3rd Glenloe
      4th Turbojet
      5th Art of Security
      6th Shannak

All worth another look, I thought Shannak had made a race winning move between the last 2 flights but did well to hang on and qualify for Tony Martin.

Glenloe the main eyecatcher for me...
      Is their any other race to qualify Kev in Ireland?

I was taken by another horse who finished eighth , Mullins horse who was have first run of season.Eye catching how he was at back of field and steadily made eye catching progress only to get baulked turning in , if i didnt know better they were trying to qualify in 5th or 6th.

Comment

Bottom weight ran off 137 last season so it's a tricky balancing act going up enough to get in the race but still having a few pounds in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Beast View Post

I was taken by another horse who finished eighth , Mullins horse who was have first run of season.Eye catching how he was at back of field and steadily made eye catching progress only to get baulked turning in , if i didnt know better they were trying to qualify in 5th or 6th.
          Voix du Reve? I was taken by the performance too. Travelled into the race great then seemed to run out of puff. He came down at the last in the Fred Winter with Campeador when Diego du Charmil won it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Beast View Post

There's one more qualifier - at Punchestown on 21st February. That is a couple of weeks later than normal (probably because of the Dublin Festival) Both Presenting Percy and Mall Dini ran in that race as well in their respective years.

Comment

Diamond Cauchois 8/1 fav for this race and hasn't qualified yet? He's only got 21st feb race to qualify you would think. Interesting Elliot plot...........

Comment

Sure you guys have , but have you checked out Louis Vac Pouch form this season in two races so far and the horses in front and behind him?

Comment

had my 1st nibble in this race.
                  Glenloe & The Organist 20/1 with the NR insurance. I figure if they don't run in this race they won't run at all.

Comment

Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
                    Diamond Cauchois 8/1 fav for this race and hasn't qualified yet? He's only got 21st feb race to qualify you would think. Interesting Elliot plot...........
                    Has an entry for next Friday’s qualifier at Huntingdon.

Comment

Originally posted by cpfcpatriot View Post
                      Has an entry for next Friday’s qualifier at Huntingdon.
                      Looks like Gordon is on a scouting mission as he also has Glenloe entered as well. Diamond Cauchois needs to qualify but he's also already on a fairly high Irish mark of 143 so they may look elsewhere if he gets slapped with a hike over here. Glenloe on the other hand has qualified but is only on an Irish mark of 134 so he'll need a bit of help from the Phil Smith inflation.

Comment

Looks like the people who backed callet mad any race might still have a live chance if he gets qualified for the pertemps
                        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                          Looks like Gordon is on a scouting mission as he also has Glenloe entered as well. Diamond Cauchois needs to qualify but he's also already on a fairly high Irish mark of 143 so they may look elsewhere if he gets slapped with a hike over here. Glenloe on the other hand has qualified but is only on an Irish mark of 134 so he'll need a bit of help from the Phil Smith inflation.
                          Im sure Phil Smith will be more than helpful

Comment

Glenloe blue across the boards today. Be no surprise to see Gordon and JP line one out for this. Not on myself yet (iv actually backed JPs other one, The Organist). And interestingly enough Call the Taxie who Glenloe beat in its maiden, seems to be well supported for the Thyestes.

Glenloe looks a chaser in the making which seems to be a trend for this race too.

Comment

I mentioned on the Albert Bartlett thread some months ago that I really fancied Calett Mad at the prices. I see he's entered in a qualifier for this race at Huntingdon on Friday. I really think that we will see him to better effect when he gets some genuinely good ground to run on. Off his mark of 141 he could look thrown in for this and I could see him having a stone in hand off that mark (on good ground).
                              I will be very interested to see if he's in the final declarations for the Huntingdon qualifier, hopefully he is and runs a nice race that doesn't wreck his mark but qualifies him for the final.
                              Hills are still 33/1 any chelt race and ive taken that with their price boost to around 36/1.

A friend pointed out to me today that all French Breds to run this century have been beaten in the race (71 in total), so that would be a concern, but I wonder how many French breds have run in the race with at least a stone in hand!!!! lol
                              He is a confident selection in the any race market as long as he gets decent ground in whichever race he runs.

Comment

I like that selection actually. Completely missed him and id rather the trend of a fancied Albert Bartlett horse turned handicapper over no French bred ever winning tbh! And trends are always broken at some point

It does look like a particularly strong qualifier though. I'll be watching with interest. 16 out of the 24 that ran in this last year ran in the last 5 qualifiers so I want to leave my bets late this year but a strong qualifier usually works out.

Comment

Working...
                                X