Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Pertemps Final 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't normally back a horse twice but couldn't resist backing Delta Work again. Unless they knew he was going elsewhere pushing him out to 33/1 looks a mistake.

My impression of today's race was either the jockey was hopeless or he had been told to just qualify. I don't think the slow pace or ground helped his cause at all. Given a nice weight, fast pace and hopefully a much quicker surface, I will be very disappointed if we don't see a significant improvement.

There is no reason for him to go elsewhere, otherwise why bother with the qualifier. Gigginstown no doubt have several possibles for the Martin Pipe and the Graded races.

The only downside would be the relatively short recovery time.

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
      I don't normally back a horse twice but couldn't resist backing Delta Work again. Unless they knew he was going elsewhere pushing him out to 33/1 looks a mistake.

My impression of today's race was either the jockey was hopeless or he had been told to just qualify. I don't think the slow pace or ground helped his cause at all. Given a nice weight, fast pace and hopefully a much quicker surface, I will be very disappointed if we don't see a significant improvement.

There is no reason for him to go elsewhere, otherwise why bother with the qualifier. Gigginstown no doubt have several possibles for the Martin Pipe and the Graded races.

The only downside would be the relatively short recovery time.
      Are they just convinced he'll be going elsewhere? I know he's fancied in another race and is shorter for that as you say? Maybe WH just feel confident and want the money in the bank?

Comment

• I was just looking at the Punchestown Qualifier last year to see what Elliott sent to it.

To my shock and awe not only did I see that they got Glenloe qualified last year. He was given a mark of 132 by Phil Smith and missed out by 5lb.

His Irish mark is up 7lb from last year from 127 to 134 meaning he should just get in this year with bottom weight.

You have to admire the patience of connections.

Comment

• Originally posted by Folski View Post
          I was just looking at the Punchestown Qualifier last year to see what Elliott sent to it.

To my shock and awe not only did I see that they got Glenloe qualified last year. He was given a mark of 132 by Phil Smith and missed out by 5lb.

His Irish mark is up 7lb from last year from 127 to 134 meaning he should just get in this year with bottom weight.

You have to admire the patience of connections.
          His UK OR is 137. I am sweating on this and I think Elliott is treading on thin ice. Henderson wants to get Protek Des Flos (137) up a few more lbs as he said he is too low to get in. I hope Elliott has something up his sleeve

Comment

• The horse I am on at a nice price for this is The Organist
            Put up by somebody else earlier in the thread
            Should get in off a nice weight,currently 139
            The Sherwood horses have hit form
            Could be the JP plot horse here

Comment

• Originally posted by Liammet View Post
              The horse I am on at a nice price for this is The Organist
              Put up by somebody else earlier in the thread
              Should get in off a nice weight,currently 139
              The Sherwood horses have hit form
              Could be the JP plot horse here
              Yep, one I have on already, along with LVP.

Can't remember if I put her up on this thread, but definitely did as one option for the Thursday FJ Yankee thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
                Not one that i've looked at. I imagine the owner is purely taking out Supasundae from the race but I guess you can take some decent bits of form out of the Coral Cup last year - Modus, Old Guard and to a lesser extent Peregrine Run and Kalondra?

On the race today - I agree about Delta Work - pushed out to 33/1 by WH seems an odd move. I was mostly taken by Sort It Out though. Rated 135 going into this race. Put in some hot races at the start of the season over fences, it looked like they may have been trying to exploit a chase mark of 118 (compared to 135 over hurdles) but he reverted back over hurdles today and came 3rd.

Came second in the County Hurdle in 2015 (off 134) behind Wicklow Brave who bolted up. He then followed up at Punchestown (off 136). Struggled the following season on his higher mark (144-142) but that mark is now down to 135, 1lb higher than his County 2nd and 1lb lower than his Punchestown Festival win. Plenty of big field handicap experience and importantly course and festival form so you know that won't faze him.

Had his first go over 3 miles today and he looked to be given a clever ride. Made up plenty of ground at the end. I can't imagine his mark will change too much after today so should come into the festival not far off the same mark as the County run
                Same idea as you Jono..I backed him at 1000 on the exchanges when he looked out of it and didnt even notice he placed until after. Paddys open 25/1 and it last 20 mins, I got a nice chunk of it. Best priced 16s at the moment but iv emailed Betvictor and StanJames to see what they can come up with. I'll never forget the 4 timer Sort it Out finished off for JP at Punchestown after the County Hurdle, some finish to the race as well.
                JP has a good hand in the race though. I backed Glenloe at 14s as well ill probably back the Organist on the day if the price holds.

Comment

• Gone back in on LVP & The Organist 1pt e/way on the pair tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                    Yep, one I have on already, along with LVP.

Can't remember if I put her up on this thread, but definitely did as one option for the Thursday FJ Yankee thread.
                    Im afraid it was me

Comment

• Originally posted by billymag View Post
                      French Bred stat destined to go this year with the "mighty" Calett Mad, not even his country of birth can stop him! lol

NTd says in the RP today calett Mad is probably going to the Albert Bartlett

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
                        NTd says in the RP today calett Mad is probably going to the Albert Bartlett
                        What’s he thinking?
                        He’s already ruined Blaklion’s season running him off top weight in that Haydock bog, when he was a dark horse for the Gold Cup.

I have CM in any race but it may as well be a non runner if he runs in the Albert Bartlett - can’t see him even making the frame.

Comment

• Bloody fiddle sticks that's surely not the plan!!!!!! He has a lovely weight for this, and they have other runners in the ownership for the AB, surely he goes here.

Comment

• Originally posted by billymag View Post
                            Bloody fiddle sticks that's surely not the plan!!!!!! He has a lovely weight for this, and they have other runners in the ownership for the AB, surely he goes here.
                            He's have more experience than anything else in the AB field which might be something to sway them away from his handicap mark?

Munir & Suede don't seem to "target" any handicaps that I can think of?

Comment

• Beat That 33s - Still like him despite his "odd" profile and age.
                              Holly Bush Henry 33s - Gone off this a bit BUT been very coinsistant and I think will run to his mark which is something to work with!
                              Louis Vac Pouch 14s - Obviously great claims.
                              Sort it Out 20s - added tonight, think this price will be gone in 12-18 hours
                              Calet Mad - any race so unlikely to come here.

5 is about as many as I'd want, so not got a LOT of wiggle room left. Like the claims of most of the JP runners like Glenloe and The Organist but missed prices and can wait now to see the weights

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                                Beat That 33s - Still like him despite his "odd" profile and age.
                                Holly Bush Henry 33s - Gone off this a bit BUT been very coinsistant and I think will run to his mark which is something to work with!
                                Louis Vac Pouch 14s - Obviously great claims.
                                Sort it Out 20s - added tonight, think this price will be gone in 12-18 hours
                                Calet Mad - any race so unlikely to come here.

5 is about as many as I'd want, so not got a LOT of wiggle room left. Like the claims of most of the JP runners like Glenloe and The Organist but missed prices and can wait now to see the weights
                                Kev,
                                Any idea what time the weights are out today???

Did you think it was interesting entering Glenloe up for a qualifier over here? no intention of running Imo, just looking to see what mark he'd get?? they gave him 2lbs
                                Sort it Out ran an eye-catching race in Ireland recently coming from a long way off. Its tough finding the right JP horse.

Comment

Working...
                                X