Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Hoping Holly Bush Henry puts in another nice performance tomorrow to prove he's in good form still. (Had loads of runs this season). Trainer said he was going to protect his hurdles mark and win some chases and has already done that, with this being the aim.

As CK pointed out though, Louis Vac Pouch did wallop him, and I am ever so close to taking the 14/1 that is available still. Just not sure how much shorter he'll get compared to how "good" the place terms might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Hoping Holly Bush Henry puts in another nice performance tomorrow to prove he's in good form still. (Had loads of runs this season). Trainer said he was going to protect his hurdles mark and win some chases and has already done that, with this being the aim.

As CK pointed out though, Louis Vac Pouch did wallop him, and I am ever so close to taking the 14/1 that is available still. Just not sure how much shorter he'll get compared to how "good" the place terms might be.
    Any particular reason you fancy Holly Bush Henry Kev? Improvement on good ground? Haven’t got him covered for this as his mark of 142 seems steep. Connetable is at 136 and finished a neck behind Holly Bush Henry giving him 4 pounds. Louis Vac Pouch is at 145 but beat Holly Bush Henry 10 lengths giving him 5 pounds. Added connetable the other day as seems to be going under the radar and overpriced

It's because of how consistant he's been too. I fully accept other horses are better handicapped (like the two you've mentioned) but I am 99% sure HBH will run to his mark, and the higher that mark is, technically the harder it is for others to best it in the day.

Some horses are well handicapped but very hit and miss ... I want one I am confident will run his race.

I did add Louis Vac Pouch too this morning

Quote Originally Posted by Robbante View Post
    Blow by Blow and Delta Work added for this race with Hills, both 20/1. I like them both and already have a little bit on BBB any race, but am torn as to how their marks fit into their cheltenham plans (BBB 132 Irish rating, Delta Work 139 Irish rating). Anyone got a clue? Delta Work might have a nice mark for the Martin Pipe, but I guess we can assume Pertemps now the plan for them both?
    Nothing would please me more than to see a big performance by BBB. I smashed into him and Samcro in the 'to win any race' market at 10/1 and 14/1 respectively. Obviously delighted with the Samcro price but BBB pushed out to 33's and looking like he needs 5 miles has left me firmly on the back foot there

Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    It's because of how consistant he's been too. I fully accept other horses are better handicapped (like the two you've mentioned) but I am 99% sure HBH will run to his mark, and the higher that mark is, technically the harder it is for others to best it in the day.

Some horses are well handicapped but very hit and miss ... I want one I am confident will run his race.

I did add Louis Vac Pouch too this morning
    Fair points, not going to be a lot between the principles and always a tough race to read. Half the battle if youve got a horse in form that at least should run up to his best. Connetable doesn’t appear to have the heart for a battle but hoping that’s because he hasn’t been asked for everything with his mark in mind

Quote Originally Posted by charlie View Post
    Nothing would please me more than to see a big performance by BBB. I smashed into him and Samcro in the 'to win any race' market at 10/1 and 14/1 respectively. Obviously delighted with the Samcro price but BBB pushed out to 33's and looking like he needs 5 miles has left me firmly on the back foot there
    He’d need to go close to winning it to get in I think. BBB out in front with delta work an easy 5th could get them both in

Quote Originally Posted by Robbante View Post
    Fair points, not going to be a lot between the principles and always a tough race to read. Half the battle if youve got a horse in form that at least should run up to his best. Connetable doesn’t appear to have the heart for a battle but hoping that’s because he hasn’t been asked for everything with his mark in mind
    I also am hoping James Bowen keeps the ride