Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Pertemps Final 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    He's still 33/1 in the William Hill any race market for those who are interested.
    Mad price.

Already on, and now qualified I may go in again.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
      Mad price.

Already on, and now qualified I may go in again.
      Just a shame they are 1/5 odds 3 places or I'd have a real good go at him.

Comment

He guys, yes that was nice performance and watching it again you suspect there is plenty more to come. Hopefully he doesnt go up too much for the win, Im hoping its around 4lb, but I could off with my guess. Anyway part one of the Plan has been achieved now just needs a favourable weight and some decent ground.

Comment

I took 20/1 on Louis Vac Pouch with hills insurance as I could not see it running anywhere else.. he has not run for nearly three months so its nice to see money is coming in for the horse as he is know 10s 12s with most firms, he must be doing well at home...

Comment

WH have cut Callet Mad to 16/1 any race...

CashewKing made an excellent case for Louis Vac Pouch on here, and I thought I'd backed him and I haven't. How often does that happen?! Not very! Positive to see money coming for him if you're on.
            Last edited by Kevloaf; 5 February 2018, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              Yes well done so far billy... I am with you too. Nice to have a live one

Yet another example of the "any race" market being a great angle
              Thanks to billy also I have £10 any race at 33s

Comment

What are the thoughts on Eagle Lion for this? You’d be mad to rule him out!

Quotes below. 10/1 NRNB with Sky/B365 so they’re taking no chances.

Philip Reynolds is aiming to win the Pertemps Handicap Hurdle at Cheltenham for a historic third year running with a horse few in Britain would even be aware of – and who remarkably had never seen the racecourse until late last October.

Eagle Lion is bidding to make up for lost time. The eight-year-old, whose first start was in Galway in a bumper last winter, subsequently finished second on his hurdling debut at Punchestown before winning easily there in late January under Davy Russell, Reynolds' main go-to rider.

And it is to Punchestown that the horse is to return on 21 February for a Pertemps qualifier race. Like Mall Dini and Presenting Percy, the last two winners of the three-mile handicap at Cheltenham, he is a novice and trained by Pat Kelly in Co Galway.

"Eagle Lion is a nice horse and I understand he'll get a mark of roughly 130 so we will go to Punchestown later this month with a view to him going to Cheltenham, where I reckon he'd have a reasonable chance, all going well," Reynolds told RTÉ Sport.

Comment

it was good to watch a pleasing performance from "A Great View" at the Dublin Festival recently. Im all in for this race with the JP runners.

Comment

Sorry cpfcpatriot no thouhts on Eagle Lion but you bumping this thread has meant that I have just found out that the mighty Callet Mad has qualified for this. Had written off my 2 points at 36s any race after his penultimate run. Well done Billy and great news that we might get a genuine run for our money.

Comment

Originally posted by cpfcpatriot View Post
                      What are the thoughts on Eagle Lion for this? You’d be mad to rule him out!

Quotes below. 10/1 NRNB with Sky/B365 so they’re taking no chances.
                      Had my eye on that punchestown race on the 21st as a key qualifier for this. Will watch with interest and likely add a couple after

Comment

Originally posted by billymag View Post
                        He guys, yes that was nice performance and watching it again you suspect there is plenty more to come. Hopefully he doesnt go up too much for the win, Im hoping its around 4lb, but I could off with my guess. Anyway part one of the Plan has been achieved now just needs a favourable weight and some decent ground.
                        You may know this by now Billy, but he went up 4 pounds to 142

Comment

Calett Mad 142
                          No Novice has won this race since 1983 with a rating higher than 141
                          No French bred has won this race this Century.
                          Ive put a line through this horse.

Comment

Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
                            Calett Mad 142
                            No Novice has won this race since 1983 with a rating higher than 141
                            No French bred has won this race this Century.
                            Ive put a line through this horse.
                            Pretty sure Presenting Percy was a novice last year and won off 146.

Comment

Anyone like Louis Vac Pouch here? he beat beer googles on ground he would not prefer, he is kept fresh for the race, good gallop and he will be coming home like a bullet

Comment

Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                                Anyone like Louis Vac Pouch here? he beat beer googles on ground he would not prefer, he is kept fresh for the race, good gallop and he will be coming home like a bullet
                                Yes, 100%. Already got him in my book for this race.

Comment

Working...
                                X