Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Pertemps Final 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers Bayoffreedom yes happy with that, if gets good ground (at last!) I think there is a heap of improvement in him! Thrown in I tell ya!

Comment

mall dini was a novice won of 139

Comment

Originally posted by Rodders View Post
        mall dini was a novice won of 139
        exactly Rodders. No Novice has won off a rating higher than 141 since 1983. Isn't he going AB?
        Last edited by doctorwu; 14 February 2018, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Folski View Post
          Pretty sure Presenting Percy was a novice last year and won off 146.
          Don't think PP was a Novice.

Comment

Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
            Don't think PP was a Novice.
            Had his first run over hurdles in October 2016 and won his first later that month, so still would have been a novice unless I am mistaken

Comment

Pertemps Handicap Hurdle
              HEADLINES
              16 from the last 19 had between 6 and 15 hurdle runs
              Ruby Walsh has yet to ride the winner of this
              Only two winners in the last 19 actually won a qualifier. Their last run had been to win the qualifier no more than 40 days before this final
              The four Irish Trained winners in the last 13 all ran in the Leopardstown Qualifier
              13 of the last 22 won last time from about 20% of qualifying runners.
              This century no French bred has won
              Last six winners all rated between 138 and148
              Since 1983 the highest rating for a novice to win this has been 141

Comment

Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
                Pertemps Handicap Hurdle
                HEADLINES
                16 from the last 19 had between 6 and 15 hurdle runs
                Ruby Walsh has yet to ride the winner of this
                Only two winners in the last 19 actually won a qualifier. Their last run had been to win the qualifier no more than 40 days before this final
                The four Irish Trained winners in the last 13 all ran in the Leopardstown Qualifier
                13 of the last 22 won last time from about 20% of qualifying runners.
                This century no French bred has won
                Last six winners all rated between 138 and148
                Since 1983 the highest rating for a novice to win this has been 141
                Those stats haven't been updated Doc

Comment

Oops. My apologies. No French bred still stands.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRowebot View Post
                    Voix du Reve? I was taken by the performance too. Travelled into the race great then seemed to run out of puff. He came down at the last in the Fred Winter with Campeador when Diego du Charmil won it.
                    Been looking through the entries for the last Irish qualifier next Weds and surprised to see Blow By Blow in there but Voix Du Reve was the other interesting one for me. A wee bit unlucky not to finish better than 8th in the Leopardstown qualifier over Xmas he is WPMs only entry next week and as he doesn't have anything else already qualified that I can see will be his only chance of having a runner in this race at the festival. His last race wasn't great but happy to put that down to the bounce factor and you have to ignore the French bred stat but 20/1 nrnb with P.P seems reasonable enough to me....1 point E.W staked.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy62 View Post
                      Been looking through the entries for the last Irish qualifier next Weds and surprised to see Blow By Blow in there but Voix Du Reve was the other interesting one for me. A wee bit unlucky not to finish better than 8th in the Leopardstown qualifier over Xmas he is WPMs only entry next week and as he doesn't have anything else already qualified that I can see will be his only chance of having a runner in this race at the festival. His last race wasn't great but happy to put that down to the bounce factor and you have to ignore the French bred stat but 20/1 nrnb with P.P seems reasonable enough to me....1 point E.W staked.
                      Blow by blow would win this hands down for me. If he gets In.

Decent ground 3 miles. Hes far better than his mark.
                      Himself and delta work of real interest to me here
                      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post

Would a agree BBB better than his current mark but possibly needs to improve on that to get a run in this at Cheltenham so will be interesting to see, assuming he does line up next Weds, how they balance the need to get raised a few pounds without blowing it completely. After Presenting Percy last year I'm sure Phil Smith will have had a very close eye on both the Leopardstown and next weeks qualifier.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post

I'm sure I had a bet on BBB any race.... I think he was similar odds to Samcro in the any race market at one point

Comment

He and Samcro were similar odds at the start of the season

I’ve got 1U on a boosted 15.2/1 with hills which I had discarded

I also think I might have 1U on BBB and Samcro both to place in any race at 20/1 but that was requested on. Twitter and they are often added to your account but don’t appear on the open bets...fingers crossed

Comment

French Bred stat destined to go this year with the "mighty" Calett Mad, not even his country of birth can stop him! lol

Comment

Blow by Blow and Delta Work added for this race with Hills, both 20/1. I like them both and already have a little bit on BBB any race, but am torn as to how their marks fit into their cheltenham plans (BBB 132 Irish rating, Delta Work 139 Irish rating). Anyone got a clue? Delta Work might have a nice mark for the Martin Pipe, but I guess we can assume Pertemps now the plan for them both?

Comment

Working...
                                X