Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Greatest races of all time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greatest races of all time

Sad as this is going to sound, instead of watching things like Bake Off, Big Brother and Corrie (no offense intended), I often find myself on YouTube or RUK's replay page, watching back previous Cheltenham Festival's, re-living those moments with my spread sheet open, so I can see what I had bet on, how it ran, what I should have been betting on! and just enjoying this amazing sport.

Now I've seen some of the great races, over the years, and I have watched the Gold Cups since Kauto Star and Denman burst on to the Gold Cup scene...and of course, I've watched the mighty Frankel win all 14 races at least 72 times each but I wondered what everyone elses favourite races are if they go down memory lane...

So just thought people could post some of their favourites.... Any year, any code, any country! Can be a great race for personal reasons, a great race for financial reasons, whatever really..... I just want to watch as much as I can, whether it is Flyingbolt or Fingal Bay...

30 April 2011. Frankel destroys a top-class field of milers.Footage supplied courtesy of Racing UK http://www.racinguk.com/

Has to be the '89 Gold Cup. Still get goose bumps watching it back now.

Comment

Originally posted by Garrison Savannah View Post
      Has to be the '89 Gold Cup. Still get goose bumps watching it back now.
      Oh yes. Absolutely fantastic. Just watched it back, feel like I was there!!!

Comment

Any of Istabraqs champion hurdles. He was the horse that got me hooked on racing.
        Kauto Stars last betfair chase. Everyone thought he was finished and then he put a performance in like that. I was there, and there were plenty of grown men crying that day.

Comment

Here's a couple for you:
          1984 Whitbread Gold Cup - saw it live, backed Lettoch! Watch from about 6 minutes.

Again, 1984 at Doncaster. The most amazing last to first that I've ever seen:
          Last edited by archie; 25 October 2017, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Another is Direct Route v Edredon Bleu v Flagship Umberales in the 2000(?) Champion Chase.

Comment

The great RSA battle between Minnehoma and Bradbury Star was a battle to saviour...

Comment

This is exactly what I wanted

I won't comment on every single one, but any time anyone thinks of something just pop it on.... I need a distraction from putting on yankee's

**** I have NEVER seen a winner like Run Over!
                Last edited by Kevloaf; 25 October 2017, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Master Minded's first Champion Chase win, although I can't find the video

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                    Master Minded's first Champion Chase win, although I can't find the video
                    OV has been adding loads of historic videos for a while

Comment

Working...
                    X