Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Bumper 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is an alcohol induced post but who has 5 bets in the bumper before Christmas! In fact, who has 5 bets in the bumper full stop.

Comment

• Bloody love the bumper

Almost bust a nut when I thought Battleford had beaten Ballyandy

Don’t plan on having 5 horses though!

Comment

• As my moniker would suggest, loved the bumper since that glorious afternoon in 2002 when after losing on every race I went all in on Rhinestone Cowboy at 5/2 in the last....stood in the Cabbage Patch in the rain for 10 mins waiting for the results of the photo which he inevitably lost...happy days. On 3 this year now Stay Humble, Hollow Graphic and Didthetleaveuoutto...hoping that will be it

Comment

• This will be my 20th year of trying and I've never had the winner. That might go along way to explaining why I don't care for the race.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
            This will be my 20th year of trying and I've never had the winner. That might go along way to explaining why I don't care for the race.
            Law of averages says this is going to be your year!

Comment

• Rhinestone also worth a mention.

Rhinestone*easily accounted for his nine rivals in the last at Thurles, the Ryan Tarmacadam (Pro/Am) Flat Race.

The*Joseph O'Brien*trained Montjeu gelding was second of three on his debut at Punchestown last month, and proved friendless with punters this afternoon.

As short as evens in early shows, the bay victor eventually went off an 11/4 chance under*Derek O'Connor.

Settled in second, he was left in front when*Darcis Boy*ran out with over a circuit left to race. He extended his advantage early in the straight, and came home nineteen lengths to the good.

The well-backed newcomer*Sancta Simona*(4/7fav) finished second under Patrick Mullins for his father Willie, while*Ronald Pump*(50s last night and from 16s to 12s on-course) was another seven lengths back in third for Richie Deegan and*Matthew Smith.

The winning rider said afterwards: "He didn't rightly relax the first day but relaxed brilliantly today and showed his full ability.
              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

This is an alcohol induced post but who has 5 bets in the bumper before Christmas! In fact, who has 5 bets in the bumper full stop.

Not me ...... but if I back didthetleaveuoutto I'll be close

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

12/1 has gone kev.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                    12/1 has gone kev.
                    Yah I saw
                    Can get the 11s but wasn't in any rush. Will see how I get on today ....

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

I'm slightly disappointed that you haven't Kev

Comment

I'm slightly disappointed that you haven't Kev
                        Haha, who needs flat racing in any format

If I spend too much time backing in bumpers through the season it clouds my judgement later on in their careers.... Jenkins, Barters Hill etc etc etc haha

I have for 4 backed at 33/1, 1 pt win each - which is already the equal to the most I've ever backed in the race lol

Comment

12/1 has gone kev.
                          Boyle are 12/1 still Didtheyleaveuoutto - not on oddschecker, not sure why.

Added now

Comment

• Good performance today by blackbow he took a little time to realise what his job was but he stayed on very well and pulled back away. The form is good he's not a flash horse but he goes about his business well, ie bacardys/ battleford. hopefully he comes on for the run and Willie says Cheltenham is on the cards

After race at*Leopardstown Tue, 26th Dec, 2017 (1st)**Patrick said he worked very well one day when I was away and he was right. He's one to look forward to, and will improve as he's so big and backward. Hopefully he's one for the Cheltenham bumper, and this is usually a good race.**W P Mullins

Comment

Good performance today by blackbow he took a little time to realise what his job was but he stayed on very well and pulled back away. The form is good he's not a flash horse but he goes about his business well, ie bacardys/ battleford. hopefully he comes on for the run and Willie says Cheltenham is on the cards

After race at*Leopardstown Tue, 26th Dec, 2017 (1st)**Patrick said he worked very well one day when I was away and he was right. He's one to look forward to, and will improve as he's so big and backward. Hopefully he's one for the Cheltenham bumper, and this is usually a good race.**W P Mullins
                              Probably end up one of their bigger priced runners on the day with the style/ownership...

Takes a horse with a good attitude to get headed and moved past and to come back so strongly though ... probably a lot more in the tank than it looked. PP best price at 25s and as short as 14s in places..... not going to add it myself but nice run

Comment

• Anyone know of any plans for Dorrells Pierji? Still no planned runs as of yet? Looked impressive on point to point.

Comment

Working...
                                X