Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Bumper 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interested to see how Bullionaire gets on at Ascot tomorrow- think this race has been the plan for a while & will determine if they stick to bumpers this season - Western Ryder won it last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Cashew King View Post
      Interested to see how Bullionaire gets on at Ascot tomorrow- think this race has been the plan for a while & will determine if they stick to bumpers this season - Western Ryder won it last year.
      He's a decent horse and could be a CB contender. 33's seems big.

Comment

Originally posted by loveracing View Post
        He's a decent horse and could be a CB contender. 33's seems big.
        Have they mentioned the champion bumper? Harry fry is more of an Aintree man from previous years. And would work out much bigger price backing him today and rolling on to the CB if that became a clear target.
        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
          Have they mentioned the champion bumper? Harry fry is more of an Aintree man from previous years. And would work out much bigger price backing him today and rolling on to the CB if that became a clear target.
          I haven't heard or read anything that this is his target, but to wrap him up and keep under these rules until December is a big sign for me.

Comment

Originally posted by loveracing View Post
            I haven't heard or read anything that this is his target, but to wrap him up and keep under these rules until December is a big sign for me.
            Wasn't a plan though, he hasnt been right and only just come to hand recently. He was going hurdling.
            This is all going by Harry fry himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
              Wasn't a plan though, he hasnt been right and only just come to hand recently. He was going hurdling.
              This is all going by Harry fry himself.
              Ah ok, I never knew this. Couldn't find any quotes online about the horse's well-being.

Comment

Can’t leave didtheyleaveuoutto out of my cheltenham book after that performance. I had Crooks peak about 8 lengths ahead of herecomestheboom on collateral form and he’s hammered that one. It was more the potential though, seems that all ground will come alike and he travelled all over Bullionaire, who is a smart horse himself. Bullionaire pulled hard and he’ll come on for that first run back but you’d reckon didtheyleaveuoutto is open to just as much improvement going forward

Comment

Agreed I thought that was a superb performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbante View Post
                    Can’t leave didtheyleaveuoutto out of my cheltenham book after that performance. I had Crooks peak about 8 lengths ahead of herecomestheboom on collateral form and he’s hammered that one. It was more the potential though, seems that all ground will come alike and he travelled all over Bullionaire, who is a smart horse himself. Bullionaire pulled hard and he’ll come on for that first run back but you’d reckon didtheyleaveuoutto is open to just as much improvement going forward
                    Serious performance backed him after the race. It is the target confirmed on itv racing FB live. They could go for a listed race in January but Nick gifford says Barry was delighted and They would be happy to go straight to the festival.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                      Serious performance backed him after the race. It is the target confirmed on itv racing FB live. They could go for a listed race in January but Nick gifford says Barry was delighted and They would be happy to go straight to the festival.
                      Be more than happy if he goes straight there. Hopefully Stay Humble comes out and impresses, I’ll be done for this race then (don’t think I’ve ever nabbed the winner of it) with Hollowgraphic, didtheyleaveuoutto, crooks peak, downtown getaway and stay humble

Comment

• Missed this. 12s best price now for didthetleaveuoutto... assuming that's too short / correct price now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                          Missed this. 12s best price now for didthetleaveuoutto... assuming that's too short / correct price now?
                          The race was rock solid. 12/1 Is a fair price, I assume he will shorten up further but prob be backable again on the day.
                          From memory ballyandy was 9/2 or there abouts... But 17/2 4 places on the morning of the day when the books are very competative.
                          Him and hollowgraphic are a league above anything else we've seen so far and giggi take up a big chunk of the top ptp purchases and They mentioned again after rapid escapes win they have no interest in the chelt bumper.
                          Last edited by Scooby91; 22 December 2017, 07:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                            The race was rock solid. 12/1 Is a fair price, I assume he will shorten up further but prob be backable again on the day.
                            From memory ballyandy was 9/2 or there abouts... But 17/2 4 places on the morning of the day when the books are very competative.
                            Him and hollowgraphic are a league above anything else we've seen so far and giggi take up a big chunk of the top ptp purchases and They mentioned again after rapid escapes win they have no interest in the chelt bumper.
                            Just watched it back and checked the form and the trainers interview. Target confirmed. I'd actually go as far to say 12/1 is a very good price.
                            No idea where hendersons horse Gallaghers cross will go but I also thought he shaped very well and despite the obvious winner I'll deffinately be taking him out of that race for the future wherever he goes.
                            Last edited by Scooby91; 22 December 2017, 07:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              Missed this. 12s best price now for didthetleaveuoutto... assuming that's too short / correct price now?
                              I can’t see it getting any bigger - it was impressive. I was watching for Bullionaire (who ran well enough having pulled for the first mile) but you had to be impressed with the winner - you wouldn’t want to be laying it for a shed load. Get a bit of 12s now imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashew King View Post
                                I can’t see it getting any bigger - it was impressive. I was watching for Bullionaire (who ran well enough having pulled for the first mile) but you had to be impressed with the winner - you wouldn’t want to be laying it for a shed load. Get a bit of 12s now imo.
                                Thanks guys. Can't imagine the price going over night so will check tomorrow myself but you're right saying it won't get bigger haha

Comment

Working...
                                X