Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Bumper 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robante View Post
    Have nibbled again at that 33s for Hollowgraphic. Think the market is slow to react to this ones potential, not only on his run and form of his debut last season, but on the fact that he's been given a big word by connections this last week, this would appear to be a logical target, and he's said to have come on plenty over the summer. Using Valdieu as a yardstick he has the beating of Invincible Cave anyway.

Have Dorrells Pierji, Stay Humble, Aione also for this race, largely off the back of mentions in One Jump Ahead. I also added Empreinte Reconce - unsure if he goes over hurdles but should find that out over the coming weeks

Empreinte reconse SHE goes for a bumper first of all. whether she'd go on from that to the champion bumper as a 4 yo mare I wouldn't know. But she'd get a big weight allowance if she did
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Liked the look of Sunday's bumper winner at Cheltz CROOKS PEAK. He'll be better for the experience and for better ground, they way he flew up the hill suggests he could be smart. Dickie Johnson suggests on his betway blog they may return in March for the Fest Bumper. I've just had a few quid quid on at paddy power where he's 33/1.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
        Empreinte reconse SHE goes for a bumper first of all. whether she'd go on from that to the champion bumper as a 4 yo mare I wouldn't know. But she'd get a big weight allowance if she did
        Haha, am well aware she's a she, just seen the (worrying) typo now!

Comment

No mention of Harrie or Aione in the WPM tour. Interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
            No mention of Harrie or Aione in the WPM tour. Interesting!
            Aione just gets a nod in bumper horses

Comment

Haven't even looked at the Bumper horses yet, but great spot on Hollowgraphic lads. Agree the 33/1 looks a complet rick so have got involved with that! Always like it when Paddy are much shorter on Mullins horses with their previous. Early Doors has certainly done wonders for the form of the Goffs Bumper.

Comment

Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                Haven't even looked at the Bumper horses yet, but great spot on Hollowgraphic lads. Agree the 33/1 looks a complet rick so have got involved with that! Always like it when Paddy are much shorter on Mullins horses with their previous. Early Doors has certainly done wonders for the form of the Goffs Bumper.

The 5th rapid escape on a winning run now and a long way back in 6th Boot camp has done the race no harm either ,
                boot camp looked all over the winner in his race since this,
                only my money on his back seemed to have stopped him from winning.
                https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                  The 5th rapid escape on a winning run now and a long way back in 6th Boot camp has done the race no harm either ,
                  boot camp looked all over the winner in his race since this,
                  only my money on his back seemed to have stopped him from winning.
                  No horse can carry that weight

Has anyone put hollowgraphic in to any multiples?

Comment

Just done my first ew trixie Kev:

Supreme - Mengli Khan at 16/1
                    Bumper - Hollowgraphic at 33/1
                    Albert Bartlett - Next Destination at 14/1

With Hills.

Comment

Ben Pauling has high hopes for Nestor Park after he opened his account in a bumper at Ascot on Saturday.

Pauling was relieved to see the four-year-old get off the mark as he admitted being surprised by his defeat on debut at Bangor.

The Gloucestershire handler now has a Listed bumper at Newbury in February in mind as a first major target for the son of Walk In The Park.

"He is gorgeous and we like him," said Pauling.

"I couldn't believe he got beat at Bangor. The track was too tight and he got mugged out wide.

"You saw when he got in a battle he is as tough as they come.

"He will probably go to Newbury for the Listed bumper in February. He is a fantastic horse with a bright future and he has got the ability to go with it."

Comment

He certainly showed a great attitude battling against the favourite up the run in - one to keep an eye on I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Garrison Savannah View Post
                          He certainly showed a great attitude battling against the favourite up the run in - one to keep an eye on I think.
                          I agree. I like that they're eyeing up that valuable and usually informative Newbury bumper in Feb already and despite it not really affecting this horse, I loved Barters Hill for the trainer in his bumper career too

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                            I agree. I like that they're eyeing up that valuable and usually informative Newbury bumper in Feb already and despite it not really affecting this horse, I loved Barters Hill for the trainer in his bumper career too
                            Just seen Andy Holding pput him up as one to follow as well which is a bonus IMO. Like a lot of his reasoning

Comment

I like Andy Holdings analysis and also I'm a Ben Pauling fan too. A couple of things are niggling me with regards to Nestor Park:

1.) Does Pauling target the Cheltenham bumper with his good ones? Barters Hill took in the Newbury bumper and then ran at Aintree but I don't know if Cheltenham was ever on the radar or not. Also, as an ex-student of Nicky Henderson, does he share his view on the Cheltenham race being too tough?

2.) I remembered Ben Pauling had a section on unraced bumper horses on the OJA book. He mentions four horses (Cavernous, Hero's Creek, Hidden Glen and Monk's View) but Nestor Park is in the main section rather than highlighted. Could this mean Pauling has some even better ones to unleash?

Comment

Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                                I like Andy Holdings analysis and also I'm a Ben Pauling fan too. A couple of things are niggling me with regards to Nestor Park:

1.) Does Pauling target the Cheltenham bumper with his good ones? Barters Hill took in the Newbury bumper and then ran at Aintree but I don't know if Cheltenham was ever on the radar or not. Also, as an ex-student of Nicky Henderson, does he share his view on the Cheltenham race being too tough?

2.) I remembered Ben Pauling had a section on unraced bumper horses on the OJA book. He mentions four horses (Cavernous, Hero's Creek, Hidden Glen and Monk's View) but Nestor Park is in the main section rather than highlighted. Could this mean Pauling has some even better ones to unleash?
                                Point 1 is a good point, especially when I over-looked it

Point 2 might also be a very good point, although hard to read between the lines. He certainly didn't mention any others and you'd be surprised if having already pointed to the race he won with Barters Hill if he has another better than that?

I've already had 1 pt on, but might not have done if I'd have considered properly point 1!

Comment

Working...
                                X