Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Bumper 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheltenham Bumper 2018

One of my favourite races at festival , this year will be no different.

Had only one bet atm and that is Stay Humble 33/1 for Mullins/Wylie.

His profile from p2p is very good and at the prices speculative bet to follow for season.

Also chanced Stay Humble. Seems to have a decent reputation from the point field and connections won't swerve the race..

Comment

Originally posted by TheRowebot View Post
      Also chanced Stay Humble. Seems to have a decent reputation from the point field and connections won't swerve the race..
      I am a little surprised the bookies have Stay Humble at 33/1 just based on connections and the background.

LONG way out to be naming the bumper winner, and I am not complaining about a horse being a bigger price than I'd expect.

The other one in the Mullins stable at 33/1 but ib the Ricci silks is Aione. Declan Phelan is quoted as saying he a sure-fire bumper winner over the winter and could be involved at the Spring festivals.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        I am a little surprised the bookies have Stay Humble at 33/1 just based on connections and the background.

LONG way out to be naming the bumper winner, and I am not complaining about a horse being a bigger price than I'd expect.

The other one in the Mullins stable at 33/1 but ib the Ricci silks is Aione. Declan Phelan is quoted as saying he a sure-fire bumper winner over the winter and could be involved at the Spring festivals.
        Pretty sure Patrick mentioned him in a recent interview on ATR (I think?!)..

Comment

Is he still 33s? I can only find 25s

Comment

Originally posted by robith View Post
            Is he still 33s? I can only find 25s
            Sorry I should have put 'had' originally! 25s 1/4 the odds best now as you say.

Comment

Mullins has a few nice ones. Personally backed the 2 above.
              Dorrels pierji was a very nice ptp horse, Now mullins/ Jared sullivan, could be one to note.
              And an interesting one for sentimental reasons being a big fan of Augusta Kate, AMEN CORNER for the masters syndicate (wylie, shearer etc...) I believe a full brother to Augusta Kate was registered a few weeks ago on horse racing ireland.
              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Definitely not betting in this race till Wednesday morning 14th march !. Too many no shows last year.

Comment

Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                  Definitely not betting in this race till Wednesday morning 14th march !. Too many no shows last year.
                  I see it like this , if they any good no other race for them to aim at , its either this or nothing.

Mullins tends to monopolize the field with 6 or more runners and as Briar Hill showed us few years ago , tis possible one goes under the radar till the big day.

A lot of Irish bumpers are run on soft ground sometimes at a steady gallop. End to end gallop on good ground brings out any amount of improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by The Beast View Post
                    I see it like this , if they any good no other race for them to aim at , its either this or nothing.
                    True to a point Beast, but the likes of Giggs and Hendo have made no secret of their loathing for the race.
                    If you are a trainer/owner who build your entire season around the festival then yes this is the only option, but there are a few big bumper pots in the Spring so some alternatives

Comment

Very nice performance from P.Hobbs Tidal Flow today in the Newbury Bumper. Got squeezed for room on the run-in yet still had the ability to come round a wall of horses and win very nicely. Impressive.

Comment

That looked like a half decent bumper Doc but there will be much stronger in the coming weeks.
                        If Tidal Flow can follow up with a penalty in a decent event he may well have to be taken seriously but I would expect there to be stronger candidates that haven't hot the racecourse yet....

Comment

No mention at all for Stay Humble in the Mullins stable tour, even in the bumper section....

Comment

No mention at all for Stay Humble in the Mullins stable tour, even in the bumper section....
                            Got to try and keep one out of the lime light I suppose

Comment

Dortmund Park, I was under the impression he would go novice hurdling this year but he is very prominent in the betting here.

Can’t find anything on future plans, has anybody seen anything?

I’ve also requested odds on Hollowgraphic after reading the stable tour, if the odds are decent I’ll take a small punt just based on Willies words

Comment

Working...
                              X