Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Bumper 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
    Dortmund Park, I was under the impression he would go novice hurdling this year but he is very prominent in the betting here.

Can’t find anything on future plans, has anybody seen anything?

I’ve also requested odds on Hollowgraphic after reading the stable tour, if the odds are decent I’ll take a small punt just based on Willies words
    Hollowgraphics run in the goffs land rover bumper was very good. If he could come on from that he'd deffinately be up there. Expect him to open up antepost fav for this race though on request.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      Hollowgraphics run in the goffs land rover bumper was very good. If he could come on from that he'd deffinately be up there. Expect him to open up antepost fav for this race though on request.
      Patrick Mullins just gave this as one he is really looking forward to and will win first time out ...

I see WH are 33/1 for Chelt if anyone is interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        Patrick Mullins just gave this as one he is really looking forward to and will win first time out ...

33/1 is far too big. Especially when you can see his form already. He's had a summer to strengthen up. I'd have thought he'd have opened up no bigger than 16s and hoped for 20s.

Comment

33/1 is far too big. Especially when you can see his form already. He's had a summer to strengthen up. I'd have thought he'd have opened up no bigger than 16s and hoped for 20s.
          Won't be there for long I'd imagine.... doesn't take a large amount to get things cut.

I've only had 1 pt on - don't want to get too involved in the bumper

Comment

Baffling price 33s for Hollowgraphic, especially now we know bumpers are the target for this year. Patrick Mullins just given him as his horse to follow for this year, and that he was too weak for his frame last year. The form of his bumper 2nd last year reads well enough to merit a punt regardless, if he’s improved on that into this year then he’s a cracking bet at 33s. Expect Paddys to price him up half that at the most

Comment

I had that as a race to follow for the Neptune this year. I'm surprised they are having another season in bumpers.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                I had that as a race to follow for the Neptune this year. I'm surprised they are having another season in bumpers.
                So was I but on reflection it makes complete sense with just the 1 run. As soon as I read it I had to double take. Have very high hopes for him in bumpers this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

And the price boost takes it to 36/1

Comment

Trainer Willie Mullins on Hollowgraphic (6:05): "He has been showing plenty at home and is definitely one for the future."

Original quote before the goffs land rover bumper.

Comment

Trainer Willie Mullins on Hollowgraphic (6:05): "He has been showing plenty at home and is definitely one for the future."

Original quote before the goffs land rover bumper.
                      But then Patrick jumped ship to Early Doors in search of the title. I'm still surprised they've held him back as he wouldn't be the first Mullins horse to have one bumper run and then go hurdling.

Comment

Originally posted by Robante View Post
                        Baffling price 33s for Hollowgraphic, especially now we know bumpers are the target for this year. Patrick Mullins just given him as his horse to follow for this year, and that he was too weak for his frame last year. The form of his bumper 2nd last year reads well enough to merit a punt regardless, if he’s improved on that into this year then he’s a cracking bet at 33s. Expect Paddys to price him up half that at the most
                        PP priced him up this morning at 14s that's about right for what he's achieved so far

Comment

PP priced him up this morning at 14s that's about right for what he's achieved so far
                          Sly and Lad offering 33s still. Not often you get quite that much of a difference. Nice to see!

I see Invincible Cave is 33s and 16s too depending on where you shop...*** just rememebred he is Gigginstown so wouldn't back him anyway
                          Last edited by Kevloaf; 21 November 2017, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Yeah, a few still offering 33/1 so have had 1pt e/way based on what I've heard and read on here, not a race I'd be ploughing too much into mind.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                              Yeah, a few still offering 33/1 so have had 1pt e/way based on what I've heard and read on here, not a race I'd be ploughing too much into mind.
                              Hoping he will be the one for punchestown on st Stephens day. Always sends what he believess to be his best bumper horse there, If they are available.

Comment

Have nibbled again at that 33s for Hollowgraphic. Think the market is slow to react to this ones potential, not only on his run and form of his debut last season, but on the fact that he's been given a big word by connections this last week, this would appear to be a logical target, and he's said to have come on plenty over the summer. Using Valdieu as a yardstick he has the beating of Invincible Cave anyway.

Have Dorrells Pierji, Stay Humble, Aione also for this race, largely off the back of mentions in One Jump Ahead. I also added Empreinte Reconce - unsure if he goes over hurdles but should find that out over the coming weeks

Comment

Working...
                                X