Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 77
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    163

    Cheltenham Bumper 2018

    One of my favourite races at festival , this year will be no different.

    Had only one bet atm and that is Stay Humble 33/1 for Mullins/Wylie.

    His profile from p2p is very good and at the prices speculative bet to follow for season.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    193
    Also chanced Stay Humble. Seems to have a decent reputation from the point field and connections won't swerve the race..

  3. #3
    Senior Member Kevloaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    3,346
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRowebot View Post
    Also chanced Stay Humble. Seems to have a decent reputation from the point field and connections won't swerve the race..
    I am a little surprised the bookies have Stay Humble at 33/1 just based on connections and the background.

    LONG way out to be naming the bumper winner, and I am not complaining about a horse being a bigger price than I'd expect.

    The other one in the Mullins stable at 33/1 but ib the Ricci silks is Aione. Declan Phelan is quoted as saying he a sure-fire bumper winner over the winter and could be involved at the Spring festivals.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    I am a little surprised the bookies have Stay Humble at 33/1 just based on connections and the background.

    LONG way out to be naming the bumper winner, and I am not complaining about a horse being a bigger price than I'd expect.

    The other one in the Mullins stable at 33/1 but ib the Ricci silks is Aione. Declan Phelan is quoted as saying he a sure-fire bumper winner over the winter and could be involved at the Spring festivals.
    Pretty sure Patrick mentioned him in a recent interview on ATR (I think?!)..

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    I am a little surprised the bookies have Stay Humble at 33/1 just based on connections and the background.

    LONG way out to be naming the bumper winner, and I am not complaining about a horse being a bigger price than I'd expect.

    The other one in the Mullins stable at 33/1 but ib the Ricci silks is Aione. Declan Phelan is quoted as saying he a sure-fire bumper winner over the winter and could be involved at the Spring festivals.
    Is he still 33s? I can only find 25s

  6. #6
    Senior Member Kevloaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    3,346
    Quote Originally Posted by robith View Post
    Is he still 33s? I can only find 25s
    Sorry I should have put 'had' originally! 25s 1/4 the odds best now as you say.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,070
    Mullins has a few nice ones. Personally backed the 2 above.
    Dorrels pierji was a very nice ptp horse, Now mullins/ Jared sullivan, could be one to note.
    And an interesting one for sentimental reasons being a big fan of Augusta Kate, AMEN CORNER for the masters syndicate (wylie, shearer etc...) I believe a full brother to Augusta Kate was registered a few weeks ago on horse racing ireland.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    345
    Definitely not betting in this race till Wednesday morning 14th march !. Too many no shows last year.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by BigChaang View Post
    Definitely not betting in this race till Wednesday morning 14th march !. Too many no shows last year.
    I see it like this , if they any good no other race for them to aim at , its either this or nothing.

    Mullins tends to monopolize the field with 6 or more runners and as Briar Hill showed us few years ago , tis possible one goes under the radar till the big day.

    A lot of Irish bumpers are run on soft ground sometimes at a steady gallop. End to end gallop on good ground brings out any amount of improvement.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Istabraq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    2,245
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
    I see it like this , if they any good no other race for them to aim at , its either this or nothing.
    True to a point Beast, but the likes of Giggs and Hendo have made no secret of their loathing for the race.
    If you are a trainer/owner who build your entire season around the festival then yes this is the only option, but there are a few big bumper pots in the Spring so some alternatives

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •