Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Triumph Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by darlojim View Post
    Any more info on this??
    Horse given a break won't be ready in time for festival

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      Espoir d'allen is out
      First of many in the next few weeks.

Rubbish time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        First of many in the next few weeks.

Rubbish time.
        Could have done without that one as he still had a chance but its all part of the game.
        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
          Espoir d'allen is out
          Gutted. Farclas it is then....

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
            Gutted. Farclas it is then....
            8/1 about him and the same price about the horse that beat him?
            ...and 8/1 about the horse connections say is their number 1 (or was)....

Whatever people fancy, there must be some value still to be had!

Comment

• Haven't mentioned her much, but....Stormy Ireland

Comment

8/1 about him and the same price about the horse that beat him?
                ...and 8/1 about the horse connections say is their number 1 (or was)....

Whatever people fancy, there must be some value still to be had!
                Yeah I get that Kev. I just think Farclas will be suited by a better gallop. That said, You would think SI is very good. Ive got SI covered to get me level, I just need Farclas in the first 3 to make some money.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                  Haven't mentioned her much, but....Stormy Ireland
                  I'm actually a little worried I haven't heard anything since she got pulled out?

We didn't get a reason and heard nothing since?

A lot of confidence (seemingly) in Sadlier too?

Worried?!

Comment

I'm actually a little worried I haven't heard anything since she got pulled out?

We didn't get a reason and heard nothing since?

A lot of confidence (seemingly) in Sadlier too?

Worried?!
                    Not too worried as all bets with her in are NRNB anyway.

Do agree though, would have been nice to have seen her again, but it keeps the price at a decent level. She was still mentioned by Willie as the best juvenile in the yard, which must be a huge positive IF taken literally too.

Agree about Saldier, another one Scooby brought forward to this thread at an early stage, though one I haven't backed.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                      Not too worried as all bets with her in are NRNB anyway.

Do agree though, would have been nice to have seen her again, but it keeps the price at a decent level. She was still mentioned by Willie as the best juvenile in the yard, which must be a huge positive IF taken literally too.

Agree about Saldier, another one Scooby brought forward to this thread at an early stage, though one I haven't backed.
                      One thing i did notice what Willie said at the time.
                      He said "she would look to be my best juvenile at the moment"
                      Hard to gauge on her run also
                      She was very impressive against inferior rivals.

She was a bit of a bridle merchant in France and found very little of it. Looking the winner in her races before finishing tamely.
                      All be it she's had plenty of time with mullins.

Just will be interesting to see in a proper race like the triumph, What she'll find of it.
                      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• I had Sadlier at 40/1 and cashed it out and backed at 25/1 . Donkey.

I remember him making a similar comment about Bapaume and Meri Devie scoob, and he was right that time....

Nothing bullet proof to go off, but decent enough price is he's right

Comment

• Tony Keenan tweeted this tonight

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Stormy Ireland not entered in the Winning Fair on Saturday. That would suggest she won&#39;t be making Cheltenham as unlike WPM to at least make an entry.</p>&mdash; Tony Keenan (@RacingTrends) <a href="https://twitter.com/RacingTrends/status/966069004434640896?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 20, 2018</a></blockquote>
                          <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Obviously just his opinion but an interesting thought and it is very unlike Mullins not to make the entry, you only have to look at the entries over the last week or so...

Comment

• Pearl of the west running in Ludlow tomorrow first time over hurdles (7/4). He beat Mr Adjudicator back in July on the flat who's a 7/1 shot . POTW is available at 66/1 NRNB with 365 currently.

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
                              Tony Keenan tweeted this tonight

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Stormy Ireland not entered in the Winning Fair on Saturday. That would suggest she won't be making Cheltenham as unlike WPM to at least make an entry.</p>— Tony Keenan (@RacingTrends) <a href="https://twitter.com/RacingTrends/status/966069004434640896?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 20, 2018</a></blockquote>
                              <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Obviously just his opinion but an interesting thought and it is very unlike Mullins not to make the entry, you only have to look at the entries over the last week or so...
                              Very interesting.

I have 16s but not NRNB and can cash out for 1 pt profit...

Will let it ride because I wouldn't like to lose out on such a minor detail being incorrect.... but something I'll bare in mind in future years!

Comment

• Henderson is looking forward to the prospect of Apple's Shakira and We Have A Dream taking their chance on better ground in the JCB Triumph Hurdle.

He said: "I am pretty sure Apple's Shakira will run in the Triumph Hurdle after talking to Frank (Berry, racing manager to owner JP McManus), but I can't promise that. We Have A Dream will, so there are two quite nice ones for that.

"I'd love to see her and We Have A Dream on good ground. She has learnt to race and Barry (Geraghty) has been at pains to make sure she does. She has been behind horses and given something to do

"It was very much a last-minute decision to run him (We Have A Dream) there (Musselburgh).

Comment

Working...
                                X