Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Triumph Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triumph Hurdle 2018

I was really taken with Gumball today , to lead and quicken like he did even though his hurdling could be better. Can only improve and trainer know time of day with juveniles.

Not got nothing in book as of yet , though I am tempted to take punt on Apples Shakira who looks good tome looking on her french romp. Guessing game at this stage but am taken with Gumball.

The 16-1 will last a few weeks now so will wait.

Reminded me a little of Defi at Chepstow last Xmas with a couple of dodgy jumps but still powering away....

Comment

It's far too early for me to consider a proper bet on the triumph. I usually wait until at least Christmas these days as I've had my fingers burnt more times than I care to remember.

Comment

Forget the 16-1. Hills are a standout 25-1 and will boost to 27-1.

Comment

Hobbs also has the JP McManus owned Demopolis so he could have a decent chance at retaining the Triumph. It seems JP McManus has gone all out again to win it again as he has a string of pricey juveniles spread across some powerful yards.

Comment

Did you also clock his very round action ,ground wasn't that bad Saturday and he did that.

Impressive start to his career , but like a few of you already mentioned I feel its too early to pin any cash to Gumballs tail just yet , plus alot of good ones still to come out.

Comment

Haven't had a go on anything in this race yet but think JP will do all he can to retain this race, currently 3 in the betting that I'm likely to have some money on soon of his, one of them won very easily today in Espoir D'Allen, and also Demopolis, as mentioned above and Empreinte Reconce.

Has anyone else had many speculative bets on this yet?
              Last edited by ComplyOrDie; 18 October 2017, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                Haven't had a go on anything in this race yet but think JP will do all he can to retain this race, currently 3 in the betting that I'm likely to have some money on soon of his, one of them won very easily today in Espoir D'Allen, and also Demopolis, as mentioned above and Empreinte Reconce.

Has anyone else had many speculative bets on this yet?
                I got lucky with Defi last year at 16's so chucked a point each way at Gumball on Sunday at a boosted 27-1..

Comment

Backed a few.

Espoir d'allen 33s
                  Malaya 33s (still hold hope)
                  Gumball 33s (after beating Malaya)
                  Melody of Scotland 40s
                  Stormy ireland 40s (mullins)
                  Demopolis 33s
                  Apple's shakira 33/1
                  Last edited by Scooby91; 18 October 2017, 08:17 PM.
                  https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                  Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Be wary of empreinte reconse for this atm.
                    Jp has plenty she's the only one who's still retains her novice status, goes for a bumper next. Id be of the opinion to put her away for next season

Comment

Cheers guys. Noticed Empreinte Reconce has gone to the Tizzard yard, JP doesn't send many there so may well be a bumper horse like you say!

Comment

Melody of scotland is jps, not sure what he's got from obrien yet assuming exemplar plus others. I won't be having another bet in this. Only Sao on my radar

Comment

Had my first 2 single bets on this race this morning, Espoir D'Allen & Demopolis!

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                            Had my first 2 single bets on this race this morning, Espoir D'Allen & Demopolis!
                            What's made you push the button ?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              What's made you push the button ?
                              Couple of wins yesterday helped the cause haha! But in all seriousness I've been speaking to a few people who I would say are pretty clued up on their racing, the 3 I mentioned yesterday are the 3 they were most excited about, coupled with the fact JP purchased them and after the last 2 seasons looks as though he may target this race, based on his purchases, I felt it was time I got involved, albeit on a very small scale.

Espoir D'Allen also made a pleasing debut, improvement will of course be required, but plenty of time for that.

Scooby has mentioned some other horse, and I take his notes on board, but currently I am just sitting with the 2 horses for this race now.

Comment

Working...
                              X