Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Triumph Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bookies reaction key here , to shorten a horse by that many points can only mean one thing. they just witnessed something very very special.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      Very wrong today .... late money was telling .... but on at 25s for the triumph, kudos to One Jump ahead!... uber impressive!
      Now where do i order that book ? !!!!!. certainly had a good write up pre season did Apples shakira.

Comment

Originally posted by The Beast View Post
        bookies reaction key here , to shorten a horse by that many points can only mean one thing. they just witnessed something very very special.
        It was a really impressive win but is it just me or do bookies shorten odds based on connections not just visual impressions?

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy78 View Post
          It was a really impressive win but is it just me or do bookies shorten odds based on connections not just visual impressions?
          Both ... they're certainly taking no chances

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy78 View Post

Deffinately, if espoir d'allen was trained by mullins he would be single figures. They both look very good but a small percentage have been out.

Demopolis (jp hobbs)
            Melody of scotland (jp king)
            Stormy ireland (mullins/sullivan)
            Style de garde (henderson)
            Saldier (mullins/ ricci)
            Sao (nicholls)

All yet to come out and more will be bought before the turn of the year
            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
              Backed a few.

Espoir d'allen 33s
              Malaya 33s (still hold hope)
              Gumball 33s (after beating Malaya)
              Melody of Scotland 40s
              Stormy ireland 40s (mullins)
              Demopolis 33s
              Apple's shakira 33/1

Added act of valour at 40/1
              Gone a Bit nuts on this race but there is method in the madness .
              I'll let this one do his talking on the track after Christmas, has been gelded and won't be out until then.

Comment

In fairness Scooby at them prices I can see the logic. One wins and you're laughing, and from what I see you have the top 3 or 4 in the betting currently. Do you know approximately how many are left to come out that could potentially screw them all over?

FWIW I am only on Apples Shakira & Espoir D'Allen so far.

Comment

Yeh, they all have to be registered
                  I know all the ones bought to date. And have made a judgement from there,
                  act of valour is off the flat but I am lead to believe he goes well. To put it simply.

Style de garde is a decent one for henderson if it's the best of his 3 i have no idea. But I wouldn't be shocked.

Comment

Three-year-old AQPS gelding EDEN FLIGHT turned many heads when making a winning debut in a provincial bumper last month, which caused the Patrice Quinton trainee to be added to the Autumn Sale as a Wild Card. The son of Great Pretender was notably coveted by Joffret Huet and Harold Kirk but it was the latter, bidding alongside Pierre Boulard, who ultimately signed the docket at €140,000.

We've been lucky with Great Pretender before, buying horses such as Great Field, commented Kirk. This one looks a proper horse who showed pace and stamina when winning his bumper very easily. Added Boulard: the vet was very happy with him as he is a horse with a very loose action. And we were pretty happy with the price!

Comment

As I’m not overly convinced by Apples Shakira and think she’s the weakest of the bunch at short prices currently (though I have her nicely covered from the start of the season), I’ve been digging through the form seeing what might put it up to her. I came to the conclusion that Face The Facts has some really smart form and features in the betting at 33s. Does anyone know anything about this horse? Can’t even see who he’s gone to as he’s still listed everywhere as trained by Gosden

Comment

100k gns to H Kirk/W Mullins.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                          100k gns to H Kirk/W Mullins.
                          Cheers, hardly a negative. Any murmurs about him being aimed at the triumph?

Comment

Sorry, not heard a thing.

Comment

The fact he’s priced up is encouragement enough for a little interest. Can’t see another Mullins horse in the betting at this stage either. Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Robante View Post
                                The fact he’s priced up is encouragement enough for a little interest. Can’t see another Mullins horse in the betting at this stage either. Cheers
                                There's a few in the betting for mullins.

Saldier
                                Stormy ireland
                                Saglawy
                                Chante neige
                                Eden flight

Comment

Working...
                                X