Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Triumph Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely delighted for his new connections, the @McNeill_Family and @PFNicholls Act Of Valour wins well, with a terrific display of jumping for his first run over hurdles. #rollonnextmarch #somejumper well bought @TMBloodstock

Nichols aways gets excited about his young horses but to be fair to them they have enough good juveniles in that yard this year to know that he's something pretty good
    Last edited by Scooby91; 4 December 2017, 12:02 PM.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

I only have 2 covered for this, but with zero risk now, as traded out Apple's Shakira & Espoir D'Allen, each one returning around 12pts profit should they go in, but stakes already back in the kitty. So have the potential to have another crack at something else, if of course there was something else to have a go at.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
        I only have 2 covered for this, but with zero risk now, as traded out Apple's Shakira & Espoir D'Allen, each one returning around 12pts profit should they go in, but stakes already back in the kitty. So have the potential to have another crack at something else, if of course there was something else to have a go at.
        There's plenty there that will shorten dramatically. Not one for tipping but if you look hard enough there's enormous value in this market.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
          There's plenty there that will shorten dramatically. Not one for tipping but if you look hard enough there's enormous value in this market.
          There probably is tbf Scooby, but happy with my position in this race for now. The risk with a lot of the unraced ones is we don't know if they will even all be running this season. I will likely wait for entries for a lot of them before going in again, Demopolis is one I have had my eye on for a while, but no news of when he is likely to be out that I have seen.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
            There probably is tbf Scooby, but happy with my position in this race for now. The risk with a lot of the unraced ones is we don't know if they will even all be running this season. I will likely wait for entries for a lot of them before going in again, Demopolis is one I have had my eye on for a while, but no news of when he is likely to be out that I have seen.
            I wouldn't knock that at all. You have a good hand there.

And yes demopolis already lost his novice status same as style de garde for henderson . Ones to note on entry.

Hoping for entries of melody of Scotland who's lost her novice. and stormy ireland Who to be fair could be next year's mares novice hurdle horse and already out at grass.
            Saldier of riccis of the flat one to note.
            Last edited by Scooby91; 4 December 2017, 01:07 PM.

Comment

This one of your best races historically Scooby?

You have more of an edge in this than some other races perhaps? Plenty of good info from you so far.

Comment

I wouldn't knock that at all. You have a good hand there.

And yes demopolis already lost his novice status same as style de garde for henderson . Ones to note on entry.
                I'll be sure to keep an eye out on here whilst I am in Australia as I'll do my best to get on Demopolis once he is due to run

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                  This one of your best races historically Scooby?

You have more of an edge in this than some other races perhaps? Plenty of good info from you so far.
                  Fair to say this race usually works out pretty well for me.

Much smaller pool of horses than the novice races. And you can always get a good handle of the form all the way through the season. Especially on a Sunday at auteuil. I usually back fairly small at the big prices a little more on entry then what I fancy straight after the race or during.

Comment

Fair to say this race usually works out pretty well for me.

Much smaller pool of horses than the novice races. And you can always get a good handle of the form all the way through the season. Especially on a Sunday at auteuil.
                    I'd imagine the prices stay well for longer too, due to the French form not being covered by as many that would be looking at the UK form lines.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                      I'd imagine the prices stay well for longer too, due to the French form not being covered by as many that would be looking at the UK form lines.
                      Prices don't move at all even if there's graded form on offer at auteuil that backs there form right up. The one huge edge imo is the French season is well underway and you've not just got 1 run to look at you've got 3 4 or 5 from most of the horses from there races in a round or behind the ones that are sat in there box in the UK.
                      Last edited by Scooby91; 4 December 2017, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                        If there's 1 thing I coild have gone back and used from the start
                        The best thing any punter will ever learn to use is FRANCE GALOP .COM took me a while to use it to a quick level and know what I'm looking for.

Comment

• Malaya short already for the 2.05 at Aintree on Sat. 4/7

Comment

• Will be good to see SAO of Paul Nichols out soon. Not entered yet but his form on the track working out well.
                            Likewise demopolis and the aqps form of espoir d'allen all been franked.

Comment

• I’m starting to think Apple’s Shakira could be headed for the Mares Novice at the festival. Now listed by all the bookies for that race, JP has a strong enough team for this one and you’d think he’d send some elsewhere. Comments about Apple’s Shakira noted that she was still a baby and had a lot to learn - geraghty said that Defi Du Seuil knew his job when going for the triumph and she is a long way off that. Can see comparisons between Espoir D’allen and Defi, but with them thinking Apple’s Shakira might be far more novicey maybe they’ll put her up against her own sex at the festival

Comment

• Originally posted by Robante View Post
                                I’m starting to think Apple’s Shakira could be headed for the Mares Novice at the festival. Now listed by all the bookies for that race, JP has a strong enough team for this one and you’d think he’d send some elsewhere. Comments about Apple’s Shakira noted that she was still a baby and had a lot to learn - geraghty said that Defi Du Seuil knew his job when going for the triumph and she is a long way off that. Can see comparisons between Espoir D’allen and Defi, but with them thinking Apple’s Shakira might be far more novicey maybe they’ll put her up against her own sex at the festival
                                Yeah I must admit I'm a bit worried too. Trying to place less bets this year, as went a bit mad last year, and my bet on AS is the first one I wish I could take back. So many candidates yet to appear for this race and she's very short considering the other options she has.

Comment

Working...
                                X