Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Triumph Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Innoko View Post
    Shame he's trained by Alan King...
    No winners of the race have ever figured in the Triumph from what I can see.

Fidux last year for King got thrashed in the Fred Winter...

Interesting to see how King compares him to his previous winners perhaps?

Comment

Shame he's trained by Alan King...
      Agree Innoko, King massive negative.

Comment

• Thought Redicean was ultra impressive bar his jumping , Alan King trained a few good juveniles and to my eyes this guy the real deal.

Another race prior to Cheltenham would help him on jumping front as you cant beat match practice.

The One To Beat IN Triumph? I think its going to take something very good to beat him , certainly shaping like a very good triumph in prospect.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Beast View Post
          Thought Redicean was ultra impressive bar his jumping , Alan King trained a few good juveniles and to my eyes this guy the real deal.

Another race prior to Cheltenham would help him on jumping front as you cant beat match practice.

The One To Beat IN Triumph? I think its going to take something very good to beat him , certainly shaping like a very good triumph in prospect.
          I agree, the turn of foot he showed was incredible.

Comment

Thought Redicean was ultra impressive bar his jumping , Alan King trained a few good juveniles and to my eyes this guy the real deal.

Originally posted by Greasy View Post
            I agree, the turn of foot he showed was incredible.
            It is your first line that'd worry me Beast.... jumping is so important and that wasn't good enough to win a festival race....

HOWEVER, I did not think DDS jumped very well all last season and it didn't do him any harm

8/1 way too short for me though. Espoir D'allen is the same price and if I had to back one of the two, it'd certainly be the Irish runner...

Comment

• Mitchouka did it well there, diddnt have a great deal to beat. But he did it very professionally travelled strongly jumped very well and put distance between himself and the others.
              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                Mitchouka did it well there, diddnt have a great deal to beat. But he did it very professionally travelled strongly jumped very well and put distance between himself and the others.
                More a Fred Winter horse than Triumph according to Elliott.... I'd go along with that.

Doesn't do any harm to Espoir D'allen's claims though!

Comment

• nice form franking for Espoir Dallen. Farclas is the main worry for me. Thank god I have him covered.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                    It is your first line that'd worry me Beast.... jumping is so important and that wasn't good enough to win a festival race....

HOWEVER, I did not think DDS jumped very well all last season and it didn't do him any harm

8/1 way too short for me though. Espoir D'allen is the same price and if I had to back one of the two, it'd certainly be the Irish runner...
                    It never stopped Faugheen Kev , not saying he the next anything but he does have his own way of getting from A to B.He looks top drawer to my eye and till he beaten he will do for me.

Comment

It never stopped Faugheen Kev , not saying he the next anything but he does have his own way of getting from A to B.He looks top drawer to my eye and till he beaten he will do for me.
                      It didn't Beasty boy .... but Redicean is not as talented as Faugheen. He'll have had a brilliant career to get within 14 lbs of him...

Faugheen didn't lose momentum when he used to crash through his hurdles ... redicean was losing ground at every flight. He simply cannot afford to do that in the Triumph.

Is he due to run again?

Comment

TB,
                        Take a look at Kings record with novices at the festival. And he's had some good ones. Then ask yourself...............................

Comment

• It is easy to get carried away with performances at Kempton in these 2m hurdles sometimes. Being such a speed orientated track can make some of these quality ex flat performers look visually impressive.

Irving (prior to the Supreme) and Beltor (prior to the Triumph) spring to mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tenty View Post
                            It is easy to get carried away with performances at Kempton in these 2m hurdles sometimes. Being such a speed orientated track can make some of these quality ex flat performers look visually impressive.

Irving (prior to the Supreme) and Beltor (prior to the Triumph) spring to mind.
                            ... and Charli Parcs!

All 3 of them I'd fallen for

Comment

• STORMY IRELAND
                              4 b f Motivator – Like A Storm
                              A French import, she created an excellent impression on her Irish debut, winning a maiden hurdle at Fairyhouse by 58 lengths in December.
                              “She was very, very impressive at Fairyhouse. I don’t know what the race was like in terms of depth, but she couldn’t have done any more. She has set a fairly high bar I think. She has been very good since. She’s an incredible filly really. I tried to give her a little break after Fairyhouse, but after two or three days she bucked off her rider! She’s not the biggest filly, but she is very high energy. She looks my top juvenile at the minute and will go for the Spring Juvenile Hurdle at Leopardstown along with Mr Adjudicator.”

I think Willie likes her!

Comment

STORMY IRELAND
                                4 b f Motivator – Like A Storm
                                A French import, she created an excellent impression on her Irish debut, winning a maiden hurdle at Fairyhouse by 58 lengths in December.
                                “She was very, very impressive at Fairyhouse. I don’t know what the race was like in terms of depth, but she couldn’t have done any more. She has set a fairly high bar I think. She has been very good since. She’s an incredible filly really. I tried to give her a little break after Fairyhouse, but after two or three days she bucked off her rider! She’s not the biggest filly, but she is very high energy. She looks my top juvenile at the minute and will go for the Spring Juvenile Hurdle at Leopardstown along with Mr Adjudicator.”

I think Willie likes her!
                                Yes he gave one or two horse a good word , but this was the one he got most excited by i reckon.

Comment

Working...
                                X