Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham First meeting of the seaonn. October 27/28.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks very much like Sceau Royal and Movewiththetimes will clash here on Friday...

Comment

That's will be an informative race. Movewiththetimes is getting 5lbs

Comment

With us travelling down Friday afternoon. Hoping to see a few more things this time. As we have a wheelchair user. Where about is the Hall Of Fame I know where the Quevega bar is. Saw that as we came in March.

Comment

I think it'll be reasonably quiet this weekend Liam. Enjoy your trip

Comment

Thanks Faugheen Will be having a few bets on Friday. Heading into Cheltenham Saturday night. Staying to nights is a lot better as well more things to see

Comment

Gary Nutting has put Gold Present up for the Bet Victor Gold Cup........stealing my work!

The jumps season steps up a gear this week with Cheltenham’s first meeting so now might be a good time to fire an early shot at next month’s BetVictor Gold Cup.

Entries for the first really big betting race of the campaign are published next Wednesday (November 1st) followed by the weights a week later.

Nicky Henderson talks glowingly of GOLD PRESENT in his ATR stable tour and while he doesn’t mention any specific targets, the Cheltenham showpiece would appear a perfect fit for a horse who ran a blinder in the 2m4f novice handicap at last season’s Festival.

That race is a natural stepping stone to the BetVictor and although he could not quite match Tully East’s finishing burst on the day, there are good reasons for thinking he can turn the tables eight months later.

The imposing 7yo travelled almost too well in the Close Brothers and didn’t enjoy the clearest of runs in the home straight either, so it’s to his credit he managed to stay on well enough up the hill to hold on for second from strong-finishing Two Taffs.

The latter gave the form an immediate boost by winning a Listed handicap at the Scottish National meeting, while sixth-placed Bun Doran had done his bit by hitting the frame in a Grade 3 handicap dropped to two miles at Aintree.

Gold Present himself was in the process of running a big race in the Topham until falling at the Canal Turn - a tumble that’s easily excused as he suffered from a domino effect that also produced two unseats and involved the severe hampering of fancied Go Conquer.

Indeed, as in previous starts over fences, the selection had impressed with his jumping to that point - his scope in that department offering plenty of encouragement that he can make a significant impact in handicaps this season off a mark of 142 (up 5lb from the festival).

That sort of rating is likely to get him in this race at the lower end of the weights and having hacked up on his reappearance at Doncaster last November, there’s every reason to be hopeful he’ll be fit and firing in just over three weeks’ time. GOLD PRESENT (BetVictor Gold Cup, Cheltenham 18th November) 1 pt each way 20-1 general

Comment

Haha excellent!

Comment

I have no idea if the BetVictor Gold is the plan but Tully East can be backed at a bigger price of 25/1 and would have to come into it for anyone who fancies Gold Present (i do also like the horses chances).

Considering he had a nice spin out over hurdles in the race Campeador ran in a week ago I can only assume connections have a handicap in mind over fences and the BetVictor Gold Cup would seem an obvious fit?

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
                    I have no idea if the BetVictor Gold is the plan but Tully East can be backed at a bigger price of 25/1 and would have to come into it for anyone who fancies Gold Present (i do also like the horses chances).

Considering he had a nice spin out over hurdles in the race Campeador ran in a week ago I can only assume connections have a handicap in mind over fences and the BetVictor Gold Cup would seem an obvious fit?
                    I considered Tully East too but he was available at 40/1 at the time (bigger on the exchanges) and I just assumed that he wouldn't be coming over for it. He's of interest if he does run, although my money would still be on Gold Present to reverse the form, particularly if Nico got the ride.

Comment

Hoping to take a few notes of one or 2 of the horses next couple of days for early clues for Handicaps come March.

Comment

Originally posted by Liam301287 View Post
                        Any horses being lined up here for the first meeting of the season. Be me first time of the season I shall be visiting.
                        Have a good time Liam

I speak for the entire forum when I say "I expect you to sneak in to the winners encloser and confirm us some March targets, horses to follow and bankers from every single trainer there." ... no pressure mate

Comment

What a few good days I had away. Love Cheltenham loads. Had 4 out of 7 winners Nightlife was amazing Yates we ended up in most of the night.

Cogry ( Lovely Jumper)
                          Foxtail Hill ( Always stays which ever race it goes 4 at Cheltenham)
                          Thomas Campbell One to look out for come March What race for this one guys?
                          Callett Mad ( Albert Bartlett I thought what about you guys.

Singlefarmpayment Needs further or will be the new Get Me Out Of Here always coming 2nd at Cheltenham.

Comment

Working...
                          X