Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham First meeting of the seaonn. October 27/28.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheltenham First meeting of the seaonn. October 27/28.

Any horses being lined up here for the first meeting of the season. Be me first time of the season I shall be visiting.

Romain De Semain think how you pronounce it laid out for this by Nicholls , big move for it last week for bet victor chase.

Comment

Defi Du Seuil .... "He was a superstar for us last season and won three Grade 1s including the Triumph Hurdle and won seven races on the trot. The plan is for him to start in the four-year-old hurdle at Cheltenham on October 28 and go from there with, hopefully, the Champion Hurdle in mind. He looks great since his return and in all likelihood, he will then head for the Fighting Fifth at Newcastle on December 2 where he won’t have to carry a penalty."

Comment

Very happy with that Romain De SEnam today , took the 40/1 on betfair so sitting pretty. Do i lay it off or hold fire?

Comment

Hold fire TB - unless you've bet more than you are comfortable with.

He'll go up quite a bit for that but he has always been a mid 140 horse, at least. He was campaigned purely for the novice Handicap Chase at the festival last season but he missed the cut.

At 40/1, you have a tremendous bet.

Comment

Cheers FM , was siding with that view, you,ve made my mind up.

Comment

Originally posted by The Beast View Post
              Romain De Semain think how you pronounce it laid out for this by Nicholls , big move for it last week for bet victor chase.
              Thanks Beast!
              Took notice of your post and availed myself of the 33/1 for the BV chase. Perhaps Nicholls will have another of those seasons where he hoovers up all the Saturday big races.

Comment

For the November meeting, I've started chipping away at Gold Present in the Bet Victor Gold Cup at 25/1.

Now I'm not sure if this is the plan but it would seem the obvious target for GP, who performed with credit at the festival, finishing 1 1/4 length 2nd to Tully East in the Close Brothers Handicap Chase. I feel if J McGrath was more positive he would have won the race. He traveled like a dream throughout the race and the front three pulled 6 lengths clear of the fourth.

Upped 5lb for that effort, he went for the Topham and was still traveling strongly when he came down at the canal turn.

He's lightly raced so there could be quite a bit of improvement still to come. 25/1 seems far too big to me, which does worry me slightly

1pt ew Gold Present 25/1
                Last edited by Faugheen_Machine; 16 October 2017, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                  For the November meeting, I've started chipping away at Gold Present in the Bet Victor Gold Cup at 25/1.

Now I'm not sure if this is the plan but it would seem the obvious target for GP, who performed with credit at the festival, finishing 1 1/4 length 2nd to Tully East in the Close Brothers Handicap Chase. I feel if J McGrath was more positive he would have won the race. He traveled like a dream throughout the race and the front three pulled 6 lengths clear of the fourth.

Upped 5lb for that effort, he went for the Topham and was still traveling strongly when he came down at the canal turn.

He's lightly raced so there could be quite a bit of improvement still to come. 25/1 seems far too big to me, which does worry me slightly

1pt ew Gold Present 25/1
                  The 25/1 is only available with two of the smaller firms. I placed the bet yesterday but the price has been cut and I didn't realise.

Comment

Faugheen_Machine I wont thinking about November Meeting for Gold Present I reckon he could become a ew player for the Golf cup come March. He was the one of a few I took note of on the first day this year finished really well in that race.

Comment

If you think he'll be gold cup material at the festival, he's the bet of the century in this, running off 142. Been on hendos Twitter and he says GP is a candidate to run in this race.

Comment

Originally posted by Unhomme View Post
                        Thanks Beast!
                        Took notice of your post and availed myself of the 33/1 for the BV chase. Perhaps Nicholls will have another of those seasons where he hoovers up all the Saturday big races.
                        Your very welcome , that is what its all about , helping other punters/ Dont always comes off but we sitting pretty atm buddy.

One other point I would make , Nicholls has started season very well again.

Comment

Nicholls made worrying noises after the race yesterday, he came out with the following strange comment im afraid.

"Romain De Senam never settled last year and he needs experience to settle. He's only five and I don't want to go too big too soon. There's a graduation chase at Kempton next month, which he's qualified for so we might aim for that and then in the spring we could go for those good handicaps. He's not quite ready now. He's been keen, but he's getting there and is going the right way - Paul Nicholls, trainer"

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                            If you think he'll be gold cup material at the festival, he's the bet of the century in this, running off 142. Been on hendos Twitter and he says GP is a candidate to run in this race.
                            That convinced me to have a nibble

Comment

Originally posted by billymag View Post
                              Nicholls made worrying noises after the race yesterday, he came out with the following strange comment im afraid.

"Romain De Senam never settled last year and he needs experience to settle. He's only five and I don't want to go too big too soon. There's a graduation chase at Kempton next month, which he's qualified for so we might aim for that and then in the spring we could go for those good handicaps. He's not quite ready now. He's been keen, but he's getting there and is going the right way - Paul Nicholls, trainer"
                              Ouch lol

Didnt see that Billy , I hope he pulling our plonkers. Chepstow on the Saturday was decent ground , so on that point i think (and hope) he may be ground dependent a little , i am hoping for dry few weeks to tempt Nicholls to run.

Big believer to strike while the iron is hot , won with any amount in hand. Fragile as horses are id never plan that far ahead when a pot like the BV his for the taking.
                              Last edited by The Beast; 16 October 2017, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X