Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

National Hunt Chase (4 miler) 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Rathvinden and Fagan be split ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
      Will Rathvinden and Fagan be split ?
      Unlikely. Patrick need a ride rathvinden is a nice one with a chance. Fagan is very badly handicapped. No where else to go.
      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
        Unlikely. Patrick need a ride rathvinden is a nice one with a chance. Fagan is very badly handicapped. No where else to go.
        Thanks. Both live chances imo though not entirely sure Fagan is the horse he was,

Comment

• Fagan was talked up for this by Gordon. He was running on strongly in the A. Bartlett bred to be a staying chaser.. needs 4M+ heavy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigfish View Post
            Fagan was talked up for this by Gordon. He was running on strongly in the A. Bartlett bred to be a staying chaser.. needs 4M+ heavy.
            Fagan needs 6 miles, minimum!

Comment

• Believe me Faugheen-Machine (the best hurdler ,still) the NH chase will feel like that .

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigfish View Post
                Believe me Faugheen-Machine (the best hurdler ,still) the NH chase will feel like that .
                They generally jog round in the four miler, and speedier types (ex 2 mile hurdlers) tend to do quite well.
                they'll go even slower if ground is softish.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                  They generally jog round in the four miler, and speedier types (ex 2 mile hurdlers) tend to do quite well.
                  they'll go even slower if ground is softish.
                  Tel that to Edwulf

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                    Tel that to Edwulf
                    are you saying he had a fit cos he was tired as they went too fast ?

Comment

are you saying he had a fit cos he was tired as they went too fast ?
                      No. I'm saying he had a fit because he was totally exhausted because it's a gruelling race.

Comment

No. I'm saying he had a fit because he was totally exhausted because it's a gruelling race.
                        It's more often than not run at a steady gallop, for obvious reasons, and edwulf looked like he was more than comfortable until in between the last two, where he had his issue.

Comment

It's more often than not run at a steady gallop, for obvious reasons, and edwulf looked like he was more than comfortable until in between the last two, where he had his issue.
                          Agree to disagree mate. I think you want a hardened dour stayer myself.

Comment

Agree to disagree mate. I think you want a hardened dour stayer myself.
                            No doubt you got to stay, I don't think we're disagreeing really. And neither of us know the exact reason why edwulf collapsed. But I did watch the race again a few times recently as i'm very interested in him for the Gold cup and wanted to see how he was travelling before he did his thing, and I think he looked the likely winner (hard to be sure when what happened to him started affecting him before he collapsed, he could have been feeling ropey from three out or earlier)
                            But in this race the amatuers tend to go a shade slower, especially on novices running over extreme trips. I suppose occasionally one might go off like a hare, but the better amatuers tend to go a sensible gallop. The RSA can tend to be much more gruelling as they certainly can go quick sometimes.
                            The national used to be won quite regularly by 2.5 mile chasers as the fences were tougher and they went a slower gallop, allowing horses with a bit of speed to do well.

Comment

• Anyone got any idea of the field for this or confirmed runners.

I'm struggling. Runners .

Dounikos (possible)
                              Jury duty
                              rathvinden
                              No comment
                              Keeper hill
                              Fagan
                              Ballymalin

Not running imo. But prominent.
                              Mossback
                              Elegant escape
                              Mall dini
                              Monbeg notorious
                              Shattered love
                              Al boum photo
                              Presenting percy
                              Bonbon au miel
                              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                                Anyone got any idea of the field for this or confirmed runners.

I'm struggling. Runners .

Dounikos (possible)
                                Jury duty
                                rathvinden
                                No comment
                                Keeper hill
                                Fagan
                                Ballymalin

Not running imo. But prominent.
                                Mossback
                                Elegant escape
                                Mall dini
                                Monbeg notorious
                                Shattered love
                                Al boum photo
                                Presenting percy
                                Bonbon au miel
                                Sizing Tennessee is a possible for this if EE goes RSA .

Comment

Working...
                                X