Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

National Hunt Chase (4 miler) 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    I'm fully expecting Fagan to win tomorrow. I'm temoted to add 1 at 20s any race but feel he'd need to wallop these to be a RSA contender and think 2 pts 4miler is enough.

Anthing But a win (today) is going to be bad news for me
    I wouldn't worry too much if he loses today as previous winners of the National Hunt chase don't always turn up with a string of 1's next to their name.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
      I wouldn't worry too much if he loses today as previous winners of the National Hunt chase don't always turn up with a string of 1's next to their name.
      Hope so

Looked out paced around the turn, so hopefully 4 miles is the plan now!

Comment

The 4 miler has to be the plan. The problem is, he may need 6

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
          To be fair, Minella Rocco looked like he needed 8 the year he won the National Hunt chase

Comment

Ha Ha !!.,

Comment

A different one of gordons would interest me for this,
              Possibly a bit of a dark one. But free expression has some decent form and plenty of experience, I liked the way he went to the line behind nambour when finishing in front of
              a genie inabottle. He's exposed but he's ran against very good opposition, I'll be interested to see how he gets on, he wouldnt be disgraced in an rsa by any means, but I'd like to see how he shapes over 3.
              If he went down the handicap route his current mark of 142 would look lenient to me,
              Last edited by Scooby91; 28 October 2017, 09:11 AM.
              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
                140 odd runners and never won at any Cheltenham meeting...
                Tim Vaugheen finally beats his Cheltenham Voodoo. All roads lead to his first winner at the Festival in this race with Debece in March now

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                A different one of gordons would interest me for this,
                Possibly a bit of a dark one. But free expression has some decent form and plenty of experience, I liked the way he went to the line behind nambour when finishing in front of
                a genie inabottle. He's exposed but he's ran against very good opposition, I'll be interested to see how he gets on, he wouldnt be disgraced in an rsa by any means, but I'd like to see how he shapes over 3.
                If he went down the handicap route his current mark of 142 would look lenient to me,
                Good shout Scooby. I actually posted this on him in last years thread at the start of last season so agree on him being a possible player in this race

...The horse I actually quite like out of the three is Free Expression. He's been running in good company throughout his career against the likes of Outlander and No More Heroes and has performed with merit. I think he's crying out for a step up to at least 3 miles, whether 4 miles will suit i'm unsure but I think he's got a good race in him for Elliott at some point in his career. it;s also worth noting that McManus has a good record in this race with 6 winners including the last 2 years. Maybe he'll get his checkbook out again and persuade a top jockey to get onboard

Comment

I was going to post about the Tim Vaughan news yesterday , but i forgot , already have a small e/w for Debece,
                  but going to add a little more as he's off the mark !.

Comment

Maybe they'll come along like buses from Tim Vaughan now?

Comment

Presenting Percy anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by paz247 View Post
                        Presenting Percy anyone?
                        Katie Walsh won on him in a bumper?
                        Owner used Katie Walsh on Mall Dini at the festival last year in the Kim Muir?

Davy Russell would probably have something to whisper in the owners/trainers ears about it? RSA for me?

Comment

Here is a dark one for race , Champolean from Noel Meades stable.

If you think we saw the winner of RSA today (Presenting Percy) i strongly suggest you take a look at the horse in third from start of race , he was out with the washing , came from way of pace and was just getting going up the straight.

Caught my eye anyhow.

Comment

Debece gets a good mention on the #MNR podcast.... but for the RSA

Comment

What podcast is that Kev? It's not one I'm familiar with.

Comment

What podcast is that Kev? It's not one I'm familiar with.
                                Listen to Monday Night Review #MNR | SoundCloud is an audio platform that lets you listen to what you love and share the sounds you create.

It is alright to be fair, growing on me... been listening since about August, but reviewing flat horses isn't really that interesting in the grand scheme... so has potential.

Does get annoying that the host doesn't have the right volume on his mic though!

Comment

Working...
                                X