Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

National Hunt Chase (4 miler) 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like Dounikos, but just dont think there is enough stamina in his breeding for a race of this nature.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
      I like Dounikos, but just dont think there is enough stamina in his breeding for a race of this nature.
      You could be spot-on. Interesting to see if Elliot runs him in the race. Im 14s NRNB so fairly relaxed.

Comment

• Does anyone give jury duty a shout in this?

Comment

• There has to be serious value in this market.

Presenting Percy, Mall Dini and Elegant Escape are all likely to have alternative targets (if you listen to connections).

I spat my coffee out when Scooby and Kev suggested that Rathvinden was the value pick, but now I think they may be right, even though he's 10.

Any news on him?

My bets so far are.....

Impulsive Star 50/1 ew
          No Comment 25/1
          Presenting Percy 9/2

Comment

• Agreed FM, there’s a few potentially lurking in here. I’m also on Impulsive Star and No Comment and would still consider them to represent decent NRNB value to those who haven’t already had a bet. No Comment particularly fascinating, I liked his Scilly Isles run. Sandown is a massively tough place to be sent for a chase debut, particularly in a Grade 1! He’s clearly well thought of and no doubt will come on loads for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Viking Flagship View Post
              Agreed FM, there’s a few potentially lurking in here. I’m also on Impulsive Star and No Comment and would still consider them to represent decent NRNB value to those who haven’t already had a bet. No Comment particularly fascinating, I liked his Scilly Isles run. Sandown is a massively tough place to be sent for a chase debut, particularly in a Grade 1! He’s clearly well thought of and no doubt will come on loads for it.
              When you consider Cause of Causes, Minella Rocco and Edwulf ran in this for JP the last 3 years, it makes No Comment's entry (from left field) strange but appealing.

No Comment ran an eye catching race at Cheltenham last season and then backed it up with a solid run in the 3m handicap behind Fountains Windfall at Aintree. It'd be some decision to run him in this though without another run though

Comment

• True, but they may well do so as I think for this season they’ve probably said it’s graded races or nothing (with novice status retained for next season). It would explain why they went straight for the Sandown race first time.

Comment

• 14s for Moulin A Vent or Fagan would both be interesting to me if I hadn't already backed both. (NRNB of course)

Comment

• Fancy Keepers Hill to run a big race here, if he turns up, has put in a couple of decent performances this season, had more fancied runners beaten when tipping up last time, finished well in the Neptune last year to finish seventh. Two starts ago he won on his first start over 3 miles, but fell lto at Musselburgh, trainer may decide to go handicap route, but at around 16's he's definitely one to have onside, nrnb in this, think he will be half that if he traps up here

Comment

• Mall Dini pulled today

Comment

• Originally posted by Folski View Post
                        Mall Dini pulled today
                        Cheers Fols. I like him for this.

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
                          Cheers Fols. I like him for this.
                          Ya looking at the betting I think the ones ahead of him probably go to RSA.

I had backing him and PP in a double for Cheltenham thinking they might both shorten up if they won.

His forms doesn't look as good as last years right now, would have been nice to see him win today.

Comment

• Do we think Mall Dini is more likely to run in the Kim Muir?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gibbo82 View Post
                              Do we think Mall Dini is more likely to run in the Kim Muir?
                              MD Trainer has intimated that.

Comment

• Jury Duty a non runner today.
                                Moulin A Vent an outsider.
                                Monbeg Notorious who is 12s NRNB looks like going off fav. Although not sure where he is being aimed at, if here at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X