Page 29 of 56 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooby91 View Post
    No idea where elegant escape finishes here but i do know he deserves his place. Anything can happen during the race and the 2 of them black corton elegant escape bring very respectable form and importantly both jump well. It's not aleays the flashy ones that win. They're good consistent grade 1 novices. Good luck to them and connections. If your not in it you can't win. Wouldn't be suprised one bit if either finished infront of PP
    True, it's not always the flashy ones that win the RSA. No More Heroes and More of That looked on a completely different level to the rest of the field in 2016 and it looked a match between the pair. One suffered an injury and the other bled and Blaklion and Shaneshill ended up finishing 1-2. Luck (or hinderance to others) played it's part in doing so and I feel something like that would be needed if both of Presenting Percy and Monalee line up in the RSA.

Only 31 days to find out
    Last edited by jono; 02-11-2018 at 11:32 PM.

Joe Tizzard on ATR this morning when asked about Elegant Escape:

He has the 2 entries…we haven’t really got that far to discuss what we are going to do to. He’s very progressive horse and he jumps and he stays well. He won a grade 2 at newbury so he’s got a bit of class. He got caught out in the Kauto Star at Kempton on Boxing Day. The track was just too plenty sharp for him to be honest. He was good again yesterday. We wanted to get that run into him and it would have done his confidence a lot of good and its all eyes on Cheltenham. But he’s got the 2 entries and we haven’t really discussed which way we’ll head yet
    Fingers crossed all is not lost...

Jono,
    post 279 top stuff mate.

Worth keeping an eye out for the declarations and running of the Ten Up Novices Chase at Navan on Sunday. The following currently entered:

Bonbon Au Miel - Mullins
    C'est Jersey - Mullins
    Dounikos - Elliott
    Jury Duty - Elliott
    Livelovelaugh - Mullins
    Monbeg Notorious - Elliott
    Mossback - Elliott
    Moulin A Vent - Meade
    Tout Est Permis - Morris

All bar the Morris runner have an entry here. Has been a final prep run for many in this race at the festival as below:

Acapella Bourgeois
    Road to Respect
    Haymount - 3rd
    (Edwulf - PU)

Measureofmydreams - 3rd
    Noble Endeavour - F
    Pleasant Company - PU
    (Shantou Flyer - PU)

Very Wood - 10th
    Noble Emperor
    Thunder and Roses - U

Foxrock - 9th
    My Murphy
    Clar N Mionn

Terminal
    Tofino Bay - 2nd

Sadly no Reynoldstown entry for No Comment at Ascot as I had hoped

Jono,
    I thought Dounikos ran a very eye-catching performance at the Dublin Fez. Got squeezed out on the run-in and stayed on very well. Ive added him with my EE bet.

I like Dounikos, but just dont think there is enough stamina in his breeding for a race of this nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
    I like Dounikos, but just dont think there is enough stamina in his breeding for a race of this nature.
    You could be spot-on. Interesting to see if Elliot runs him in the race. Im 14s NRNB so fairly relaxed.

Does anyone give jury duty a shout in this?

There has to be serious value in this market.

Presenting Percy, Mall Dini and Elegant Escape are all likely to have alternative targets (if you listen to connections).

I spat my coffee out when Scooby and Kev suggested that Rathvinden was the value pick, but now I think they may be right, even though he's 10.

Any news on him?

My bets so far are.....

Impulsive Star 50/1 ew
    No Comment 25/1
    Presenting Percy 9/2

Agreed FM, there’s a few potentially lurking in here. I’m also on Impulsive Star and No Comment and would still consider them to represent decent NRNB value to those who haven’t already had a bet. No Comment particularly fascinating, I liked his Scilly Isles run. Sandown is a massively tough place to be sent for a chase debut, particularly in a Grade 1! He’s clearly well thought of and no doubt will come on loads for it.