Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I have backed Fagan at 25/1 - 2 pts win for this race. I liked the comments from Elliott and I can't see any way he won't end up with a decent jockey on board if this does end up being the race for Fagan. Fingers crossed for Codd.

------

Another horse I thought about for this race that I've liked for a while who hasn't been quoted in the markets is Wotzizname for Harry Fry. Had a look at the breeding and he looks closely related to Native River so if he has the stamina too that'd be a positive.

Fry's stable tour says "He made an encouraging comeback run at Exeter recently and he just needed the run quite badly but jumped well. It won’t be long before he is winning over fences and the further the better really. "
    Now he isn't quoted yet, Fry doesn't target Cheltenham in the same way others do but he is one I am interested in keeping an eye on!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    I have backed Fagan at 25/1 - 2 pts win for this race. I liked the comments from Elliott and I can't see any way he won't end up with a decent jockey on board if this does end up being the race for Fagan. Fingers crossed for Codd.

------

Another horse I thought about for this race that I've liked for a while who hasn't been quoted in the markets is Wotzizname for Harry Fry. Had a look at the breeding and he looks closely related to Native River so if he has the stamina too that'd be a positive.

Fry's stable tour says "He made an encouraging comeback run at Exeter recently and he just needed the run quite badly but jumped well. It won’t be long before he is winning over fences and the further the better really. "
    Now he isn't quoted yet, Fry doesn't target Cheltenham in the same way others do but he is one I am interested in keeping an eye on!
    He was targeting the Pertemps with this horse last year but he injured himself in the trial at Musselburgh. Fry likes to target Punchestown with horses owned by Masterson Holding so you should be ok with Wotzizname

Hopefully.... for anyone with a bit more of a doubt about Fagan turning up here at 25/1 ... WH have him 20/1 any race, which is a much better bet

Hopefully.... for anyone with a bit more of a doubt about Fagan turning up here at 25/1 ... WH have him 20/1 any race, which is a much better bet
    Thanks for the heads up Kev, I have had a small nibble on Fagan, but 20/1 any race is probably the better value bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordieboy83 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up Kev, I have had a small nibble on Fagan, but 20/1 any race is probably the better value bet.
    I'm fully expecting Fagan to win tomorrow. I'm temoted to add 1 at 20s any race but feel he'd need to wallop these to be a RSA contender and think 2 pts 4miler is enough.

Anthing But a win (today) is going to be bad news for me

I'm fully expecting Fagan to win tomorrow. I'm temoted to add 1 at 20s any race but feel he'd need to wallop these to be a RSA contender and think 2 pts 4miler is enough.

Anthing But a win (today) is going to be bad news for me
    I wouldn't worry too much if he loses today as previous winners of the National Hunt chase don't always turn up with a string of 1's next to their name.

Quote Originally Posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much if he loses today as previous winners of the National Hunt chase don't always turn up with a string of 1's next to their name.
    Hope so

Looked out paced around the turn, so hopefully 4 miles is the plan now!

The 4 miler has to be the plan. The problem is, he may need 6

Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    To be fair, Minella Rocco looked like he needed 8 the year he won the National Hunt chase

Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    Ha Ha !!.,