Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Worth flagging this up .... in to 20/1 now.... was with jono at Newbury yesterday and we backed Elegant Escape at 12/1 the night before and was a lovely performance. Bit of after-timing but think jono deserves some credit as its obviously a good spot! Under the radar!

50/1 looking good now!
    Yes, always think of Jono when EE races, one of the ones I followed him in on @ 50/1 I'm happy to say. Looking nice, and still some 33/1 available which is a fair price too.

Elegant Escape now has a rating of 150.

Elegant Escape tipped up by Andy Holding too.... beating Black Corton who was on a 7 timer, well clear of Wait For Me and Sir Ivan and the time figure on par with Ladbroke Trophy (final circuit 3 seconds quicker)...

Looks like he'll be going for the Kauto Star, which might mean RSA with a big run there though.
    Last edited by Kevloaf; 12-05-2017 at 06:31 PM.

Just to give some context to the rating of winners that jono highlighted having such a great record in...

Edwulf 152 PU
    (but would have placed)
    Beware The Bear 148 7th
    Next up at 145
    Finished 1, 2, 9

Vicente 153 5th
    (Native River 149 2nd)

Causes of Causes 145 1st

Shotgun Paddy 151 2nd

Back in Focus 150 1st
    (Tofino bay 149 2nd)

Teaforthree 146 1st

That's PU-5-1-2-1-1

Although Presenting Percy would be well clear.

All the above is from jono

Are you covering him in the RSA Kev?

Be glad to add P.P in this as i only have Fagan so far .

Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    Are you covering him in the RSA Kev?
    I already had him from summer at 33/1 but only 1pt ew

I also have the same stake 33/1 for this.

Surprised he is so short at 8s but considering having quite a big bet at either 12/1 for this OR 7s any race ... what are you thinking?

I'm not sure what I'm thinking to be honest. I like PP but still think he could end up in either race. You're in a good position with both EE and PP so I'd be tempted to add him in any race if I was in your position.

Bit more support the last couple of days for Elegant Escape, now best priced 20/1, Hills now into 16s

Elegant Escape
    20-1 Elegant Escape looks perfect for National Hunt Chase
    BY TOM PARK 12:59PM 7 DEC 2017
    To celebrate the countdown to Christmas, the Racing Post is giving away one piece of paid content away free each day. Here Tom Park serves up his latest Ante-Post Focus fancy

Elegant Escape
    National Hunt Chase, Cheltenham March 13
    1pt win at 20-1 generally

This year's Ladbrokes Trophy was a race to savour as Total Recall wore down the gutsy Whisper after a superb ride from Paul Townend, earning a Gold Cup quote in the process.

As good a performance as it was, Willie Mullins' improving eight-year-old is going to have to improve another 10lb to even be in with a chance in the Gold Cup. Arguably it was Whisper who emerged as the more likely contender after giving 14lb to the winner.

There is certainly some each-way value in the 25-1 available with Coral about Whisper in the Gold Cup, but the one who emerged from the Ladbrokes Trophy with the most credit was Might Bite. He has twice beaten Whisper and beat Alpha Des Obeaux, who was second to Total Recall in the Munster National, out of sight in last season's RSA.

Having already put up Nicky Henderson's star to win the King George and Gold Cup at 14-1 there is no need to play again and, after Thistlecrack's laboured return, he looks the one to beat at Kempton.

The Ladbrokes Trophy was not the only big race at the weekend, and Buveur D'Air, Apple's Jade and Mengli Khan all laid down their festival credentials with Grade 1 victories, but the horse who has perhaps gone under the radar is Elegant Escape, who got off the mark over fences in the Grade 2 novice chase at Newbury on Saturday.

Colin Tizzard's five-year-old has improved no end for the switch to fences and has proved a superb jumper in his three starts.

After beating Cheltenham winner Black Corton by three-quarters of a length in a race won by stablemates Thistlecrack and Native River in the last two seasons, he earned quotes for the RSA and National Hunt Chase.

He is clearly going in the right direction but might lack the class for the RSA and, given how he jumps and how strongly he stays, the four-mile National Hunt Chase, for which he is 20-1 generally, looks tailor-made.

He has a similar profile to Native River, who was second to Minella Rocco in the 2016 National Hunt Chase, and connections may follow a similar path to Cheltenham.

There is always a bit of guesswork when trying to fathom which race a novice chaser is going to run in, but his price more than reflects that and the four-miler looks his most likely target.

Share this story

Racing Post way behind Jono!

Advert to sign up to the forum right there