Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ballymore (Previously Neptune) Novice Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
    Mullins said: "He's improving all the time. It was a very slow-run race and, tactically, it was a lot different than we thought it would be.

"His jumping held up under pressure over the last two and he was in front far enough to withstand the late challenge of the second horse.

"I'd imagine we'll find a race at the Dublin Festival at Leopardstown (February 3-4) if it's not too soon.

"very slow run race" The Ballymore will be a much sterner test come march. Just a thought.
    I think a faster run race will suit him much better though myself. He has a really good cruising speed and got himself to the front too soon today because of the lack of pace Id say.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
      I think a faster run race will suit him much better though myself. He has a really good cruising speed and got himself to the front too soon today because of the lack of pace Id say.
      Wouldn't disagree CCM. Very impressed with how he traveled. extra furlong, testing pace, cheltenham hill.

Comment

I find it very hard comparing them that literally though. When Jetz ran behind Samcro he was only half a length ahead of Delta Work. Would Delta Work have figured in that race today? I'd be surprised.

But agree Samcro has beaten Jetz more easily.
        Delta work is easy enough to asess through fabulous saga. The form all works out through cracking smarts beating of him and the distances etc...
        Cracking smart would deffinately be the best Irish 3m hurdler for me. But obviously the price has just come in to relate to that.
        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

And the ground.

Comment

• Just said to Gary 'He'll get an entry in the 2 mile race as well'

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
              Mullins said: "He's improving all the time. It was a very slow-run race and, tactically, it was a lot different than we thought it would be.

"His jumping held up under pressure over the last two and he was in front far enough to withstand the late challenge of the second horse.

"I'd imagine we'll find a race at the Dublin Festival at Leopardstown (February 3-4) if it's not too soon.

"very slow run race" The Ballymore will be a much sterner test come march. Just a thought.
              Cracking smart was closer because of the way it was ran it was all set up for ND last time. Cracking smart deffinately needs 3. They'd go far to quick for him in the ballymore he'd get out paced before coming home well. Plenty of time for him in the bartlett and the hill all for him to pick up and pull it out the bag

Comment

• Originally posted by TimRiggins View Post
                Just said to Gary 'He'll get an entry in the 2 mile race as well'
                He was entered for the supreme last season. Genuinely.

No idea why or if a mistake.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                  He was entered for the supreme last season. Genuinely.

No idea why or if a mistake.
                  16/1 NRNB with the sponsors. Ran Bellshill in the wrong race!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                    16/1 NRNB with the sponsors. Ran Bellshill in the wrong race!
                    Not for me, even if I could get it.but it's nrnb.

Bellshill made way for ruby wanting to ride yorkhill. And long dog in the bartlett. Wouldn't have been in the supreme otherwise. I wouldn't think ruby is trying to avoid ND

Comment

Not for me, even if I could get it.but it's nrnb.

Bellshill made way for ruby wanting to ride yorkhill. And long dog in the bartlett. Wouldn't have been in the supreme otherwise. I wouldn't think ruby is trying to avoid ND
                      I was on Bellshill for the AB, and was scratching my head when that happened.

Risk we take , as we know Ruby is going to switch them around.

Comment

Delta work is easy enough to asess through fabulous saga. The form all works out through cracking smarts beating of him and the distances etc...
                        Cracking smart would deffinately be the best Irish 3m hurdler for me. But obviously the price has just come in to relate to that.
                        How? Cracking Smart absolutely annihilated Fabulous Saga by 13l going away. Fabulous Saga beat Delta Work 3 or 4 lengths... which suggests Cracking Smart is about 20l better than Delta Work at the very least.

Cracking Smart has beaten Jetz by 8l today and Jetz did most of the donkey work. Which clearly suggests Jetz should have been much further ahead of Delta work than he was.

If you want to take distances that literally.

Comment

How? Cracking Smart absolutely annihilated Fabulous Saga by 13l going away. Fabulous Saga beat Delta Work 3 or 4 lengths... which suggests Cracking Smart is about 20l better than Delta Work at the very least.

Cracking Smart has beaten Jetz by 8l today and Jetz did most of the donkey work. Which clearly suggests Jetz should have been much further ahead of Delta work than he was.

If you want to take distances that literally.
                          If I want to take it that literally it does work out. Distance back to jet short distance back to delta work. And samcro wasn't ridden along he was held together.

Fabulous saga clearly wants it as heavy as possible he diddnt get that against robin des foret etc....
                          But obviously differnet track configurations, going, and races all together.

Comment

If I want to take it that literally it does work out. Distance back to jet short distance back to delta work. And samcro wasn't ridden along he was held together.

Fabulous saga clearly wants it as heavy as possible he diddnt get that against robin des foret etc....
                            But obviously differnet track configurations, going, and races all together.
                            So if you think it all works out, then you must think Delta Work would have been close enough to Jetz today again then?

Comment

So if you think it all works out, then you must think Delta Work would have been close enough to Jetz today again then?

I don't think there's a huge ammount between jetz and delta work. jetz sees out his races better,
                              can't say that for sure today as jetz was obviously the pace setter but within a few lengths he ran his race.

I'd have thought jetz wants holding up with a late rattle over 3. Whether that's in a handicap or a graded race at spring festivals I'm not sure. Id have to see the revised marks.

Comment

Fabulous saga clearly wants it as heavy as possible he diddnt get that against robin des foret etc.
                                It was very soft at Cork when he ran against Robin de Foret?

Comment

Working...
                                X