Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ballymore (Previously Neptune) Novice Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    What price should he be?

I know I wouldn't want to lay the 5/1 so that says to me his price isn't ridiculous - in my eyes anyway
    Or look at it this way, he's 16/1 for the Supreme, 5/1 for the Neptune, not one race has been mentioned of as his target, so one price must be wrong!!
    Last edited by ComplyOrDie; 14 November 2017, 12:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
      Or look at it this way, he's 16/1 for the Supreme, 5/1 for the Neptune, not one race has been mentioned of as his target, so one price must be wrong!!
      Gordon Elliot did mention in one of his stable tours that he see's him as a 2m5f horse, so I can only assume that's part to do with the difference in prices for these races.

Comment

• Originally posted by jkite16 View Post
        Gordon Elliot did mention in one of his stable tours that he see's him as a 2m5f horse, so I can only assume that's part to do with the difference in prices for these races.
        I think many have said he doesn't lack the speed for 2m either, I personally think he will go for the Ballymore, but he's too short now for me, given he could end up in the Supreme.

Comment

• You could argue on form that 5/1 is too short for this race for Samcro...

You could also argue that you HAVE to factor in the style and hype in terms of 5/1 being value ... IF he wins a solid yard stick so his collateral form gets done substance, he'll be shorter again ... so taking 5/1 now might be a good price on the morning, so isn't a bad price now.

I wouldn't personally back now at 5/1 inn this race, but I was already invested at 16s 14s and 12s so that's obvious in hindsight

Comment

What price should he be?

I know I wouldn't want to lay the 5/1 so that says to me his price isn't ridiculous - in my eyes anyway
            Honest assessment on what he's done on the track.
            14/1.

All the hype davys comments etc.
            10/1.

Wins a grade 3 8/1
            Wins a grade 1.
            7/2

My honest opinion
            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              You could argue on form that 5/1 is too short for this race for Samcro...

You could also argue that you HAVE to factor in the style and hype in terms of 5/1 being value ... IF he wins a solid yard stick so his collateral form gets done substance, he'll be shorter again ... so taking 5/1 now might be a good price on the morning, so isn't a bad price now.

I wouldn't personally back now at 5/1 inn this race, but I was already invested at 16s 14s and 12s so that's obvious in hindsight
              Very true Kev, and you could also argue, given Samcro has had a run and is 5/1, the other side of the fence you have a horse like Annamix who hasn't seen a track yet in the UK and is as short as 8/1 in places then Samcro wouldn't appear to be a bad price at all.

It is all a matter of opinion and how you, as an individual, view a price, personally I wouldn't go in now at 5/1 nor would I touch Annamix at 8/1 for the Supreme.

It may also be fair to say that many on this forum, including myself, have above and beyond them 2 prices quoted, so from that respect it may not look great value now.
              Last edited by ComplyOrDie; 14 November 2017, 01:03 PM.

Comment

What price should he be?

Honest assessment on what he's done on the track. 12-
                14/1.

All the hype davys comments etc.
                10/1.

Wins a grade 3 8/1
                Wins a grade 1.
                7/2

My honest opinion

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                  Elliot has said he could move him up to 2.5m, he also said that he had the pace to be a top 2m horse. In my minds eye he's looks a perfect supreme horse. With the pace in the Supreme you don't get a breather like the Neptune.

Comment

• Let's have a reality check here, the days of ante post prices being logical are long gone and the hype machine has taken over. When it comes to novice form I really have to disagree with any real 'substance', especially early on in the season. Taking form lines literally that Horse A only beat Horse B by 5 lengths whereas Horse C beat Horse B by 1 length is dangerous. There is not a trainer alive that will instruct their jockey on debut to go out and win by as far as possible. Most horses winning maidens or novice hurdles could most definitely win by further but there is nothing to gain by doing so. Add in that the other horses in those races have different objectives (handicap marks etc) and it becomes unreliable at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
                      Elliot has said he could move him up to 2.5m, he also said that he had the pace to be a top 2m horse. In my minds eye he's looks a perfect supreme horse. With the pace in the Supreme you don't get a breather like the Neptune.
                      Obviously we've not seen what he'd be up against, but completely agree he'd be rightful fav for a Supreme.
                      As a 'gambling yard' you'd think they'd be mopping up the bigger prices if they we're wrong though?
                      Could be waiting for the right time to strike!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        Obviously we've not seen what he'd be up against, but completely agree he'd be rightful fav for a Supreme.
                        As a 'gambling yard' you'd think they'd be mopping up the bigger prices if they we're wrong though?
                        Could be waiting for the right time to strike!
                        lets see if Samcro heads down the Moscow Flyer/Deloitte route. That should answer some questions.

Comment

• If the cap fits faces a horse I liked 1st time out in demon daunou, I would however expect him to win today before going on to bigger and better things.

White moon in the last at Exeter faces stronger opposition than he did the 1st time out, it looked to be a very weak race. so will be interesting to see if he can win here, would be impressive if he could stretch away in the same manner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                            Minds eye declared for tomorrow.
                            Samcro fans will be hoping he goes well.
                            I personally don't rate minds eye at all and can't see why samcro is anywhere near so short.
                            Well, Minds Eye won, beating Blow By Blow in the process, as I said previously though this means nothing to me personally yet because of the way Samcro won on debut anyway. Testing times ahead for Samcro, and I'm hoping there is substance to the hype in better races to come.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                              If the cap fits faces a horse I liked 1st time out in demon daunou, I would however expect him to win today before going on to bigger and better things.

White moon in the last at Exeter faces stronger opposition than he did the 1st time out, it looked to be a very weak race. so will be interesting to see if he can win here, would be impressive if he could stretch away in the same manner.
                              Nice performance that from If The Cap Fits. Looking like a good little bet.

Comment

• Blow By Blow has drifted from 1/4 to 2/1C, off the track over a year and over a trip that looks like it'll be too short for him.... would expect a huge step forward next time, and it makes this race quite hard to read IMO.

Certainly isn't a negative for Samcro, but wouldn't see it as a positive even though be beat the winner (minds Eye) 15L last time.

Comment

Working...
                                X