Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ballymore (Previously Neptune) Novice Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ballymore (Previously Neptune) Novice Hurdle 2018

Apologies if there is already a thread but I couldn't see one.

Gordon Elliott's stable tour is available on the ATR website and it's hard not to be taken by his comments on Samcro

Everything he did last season was amazing. He’s a horse that really excites and we are very lucky to have him. It’s hard to know how good he is. He’s got the pace for two miles, but he should have no problem staying well either. He’s going to Tipperary for a schooling hurdle on Friday and granted all goes well there, he’ll start off in a maiden hurdle in the next couple of weeks. I think he’ll handle any ground.

Comment

Same sire as Faugheen, and we know where he went Novice hurdling at the festival

Additonally, also the same sire as Captain Cee Bee and he won the Supreme, but think connections/trainer have better alternatives for that!
      Last edited by ComplyOrDie; 6 October 2017, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
        Gordon Elliott's stable tour is available on the ATR website and it's hard not to be taken by his comments on Samcro

Everything he did last season was amazing. He’s a horse that really excites and we are very lucky to have him. It’s hard to know how good he is. He’s got the pace for two miles, but he should have no problem staying well either. He’s going to Tipperary for a schooling hurdle on Friday and granted all goes well there, he’ll start off in a maiden hurdle in the next couple of weeks. I think he’ll handle any ground.
        Maybe I'm reading them wrong - but as someone who really wants to back Samcro in the Neptune rather than any race for the prices that made me a bit nervy and leans to the latter

Comment

I'm also big into Samcro for the Neptune. Samcro Neptune, Blow By Blow Albert Bartlett is how i've read all comments so far. A lot will hinge on whether Elliott has anything else for the Supreme - Dortmund Park and Fayonagh the two foremost in the betting for him in that race, and seems Fayonagh more likely for the Mares Novice at this stage.

Slate House is the other one that will interest me for the Neptune. I only bet in shop so can't get anything on until he's listed with Paddys. Point form solid, seems to be very highly rated by the Tizzard's, and this race already been mentioned

Comment

I've backed quite a few novices to win 'any race' this time around, so my only actual bets on this race as singles are:

Getabird 1 pt at 20/1!

That is it - I do have a 'free' £20 win on Samcro at 16/1 too.

I suppose the main ones from my 'any race' would be Pym and Slate House that I think are likely to end up here...

I am pleased with myself that I only have 1 pt invested in the race so far actually, as it is often difficult to know what runs in this/Supreme 6 days before, nevermind 6 months before.

I should add, that I have Samcro in at least 3 doubles with this race as the target, and will probably add a single depending on how successful my weekend is!

Comment

I am all over Samcro any race at 14s 12s and 10s. I think even now at 10s 'any race' is still plenty of value considering the prices for individual race targets. Even the this race seems more likely.

A friend of mine met Gorden Elliott at Perth the other week and asked him for a horse to look forward too, his response quite quickly was Samcro.

Comment

I thought palmers hill travelled lovely there, definitely one to look forward to for the season ahead. And Frank's the form of a Gordon elliot bumper horse to follow defi bleu. Who will be a very exciting staying novice hurdle prospect for next season
                https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

He did it nicely considering he drifted from 11/8 to 11/4. Looks like he'll be better the further they go.

Comment

A nice debut. Interesting that Declan Phelan has his doubts about PH's ability to make it at the top level (grade 1's)

Comment

PP have taken a massive swipe at the odds of Samcro for the Neptune today.

The word on the street is that a schooling hurdle at Tipp may have gone rather well!

Comment

Originally posted by cpfcpatriot View Post
                        PP have taken a massive swipe at the odds of Samcro for the Neptune today.

The word on the street is that a schooling hurdle at Tipp may have gone rather well!
                        You can get 10/1 any race with WH still at 14s Neptune!

Love this.... looooooooove it.

Comment

Samcro ptp win for anyone interested.

Comment

1st time iv found that race. And alot more impressed than I thought I'd be. Can see why neptune looks the race.

Comment

I've topped up. The drastic cutting is enough to get me excited. Season starts on Saturday!

Comment

Working...
                              X