Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ballymore (Previously Neptune) Novice Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Mr Whipped probably worth quite a bit more than the winning distance there.

Nice prospect, he'd flown well under my radar
    Not mine Kev Ive only got him covered for the potato race

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
      Not mine Kev Ive only got him covered for the potato race
      Didn't look to be crying out to go any further but you never know I suppose. Likely to be a more winnable race and On The Blind Side probably the main Ballymore hope for Hendo...

Comment

Didn't look to be crying out to go any further but you never know I suppose. Likely to be a more winnable race and On The Blind Side probably the main Ballymore hope for Hendo...
        That was the reasoning for AB bet

Comment

• Old man Henderson getting all frisky tonight on his honeymoon bless him , must be especially pleased with his Mr Whippy doing the business today , down to you now Nicky to where you put him (Mr Whippy that is) Ballymore or AB.

Personally AB for me , to inexperienced for Ballymore hustle and bustle.

Comment

• Has anyone been tempted by Getabird at 5/1 NRNB for this race then?

Has the best actual form on offer from Ireland ...

I find it surprising that Next Destination is shorter at 4/1 NRNB....

Of the two, I'd much prefer Getabird. Was a better horse in bumpers and has better hurdles form!

Comment

Has anyone been tempted by Getabird at 5/1 NRNB for this race then?

Has the best actual form on offer from Ireland ...

I find it surprising that Next Destination is shorter at 4/1 NRNB....

Of the two, I'd much prefer Getabird. Was a better horse in bumpers and has better hurdles form!
              Got enough on him at 20s for this iv even got Albert Bartlett 33s which I prob should cash out. But theres a very small chance he ends up there and I'd be annoyed if I cashed out, so stupidly I'm going to leave it.
              Hed be almost certain to go supreme now.
              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• So does anyone think Getabird and Sharjah realistically go for the same race? If Getabird goes Supreme then surely Sharjah goes Ballymore which makes him a very tempting bet at 20s?? Must confess I haven’t acted on this thought, just interested in any views. Ricci doesn’t seem to have the plethora of talented novices of previous years so I just don’t see that they run against each other.

Comment

• Originally posted by Viking Flagship View Post
                  So does anyone think Getabird and Sharjah realistically go for the same race? If Getabird goes Supreme then surely Sharjah goes Ballymore which makes him a very tempting bet at 20s?? Must confess I haven’t acted on this thought, just interested in any views. Ricci doesn’t seem to have the plethora of talented novices of previous years so I just don’t see that they run against each other.
                  I'd be absolutely certain the two Ricci runners will be split up. And agree that 20/1 Sharjah looks value on that basis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                    I'd be absolutely certain the two Ricci runners will be split up. And agree that 20/1 Sharjah looks value on that basis.
                    I'd be a tiny bit less than certain. Just a bit. For the record I do think they'll be in different races but...

The main thing would be Ruby/Townend both having the best chance in a race.

If the two best horses for the supreme were Getabird and Sharjah AND the best two for the Ballymore were Next destination and Sayar (Or any other Mullins horse) and that was clear ... Ricci wouldn't demand his horses were split.

He's said as much, He doesn't call the shots AND "he" runs 2 in the same race occasionally anyway.

In this case none of that seems likely as even if Getabird and Sharjah looked the best 2 supreme horses ... If 1 of them had a better chance than the 'best chance' In the Ballymore, they'd be split for Ruby ... so Ruby would get the best 2 horses in any situation ... which he deserves as the greatest festival rider in the weighing room

Comment

• Gordon Elliott's exciting prospect Samcro is set to be kept to novice company this season despite being entered in the BHP Irish Champion Hurdle.

The unbeaten six-year-old will instead run in the Nathaniel Lacy & Partners Solicitors Novice Hurdle at the inaugural Dublin Racing Festival, taking place at Leopardstown on February 3 and 4.

Samcro took part in a public gallop at the track on Tuesday morning.

"I was speaking to Gordon this morning and he said he was leaning toward this race (Nathaniel Lacy & Partners Solicitors Novice Hurdle) with Samcro," said Davy Condon, Elliott's assistant. "He did a nice bit of work this morning over a mile and a half and he seems in really good form.

"He didn't run the last day because of a dirty scope, but he worked very well this morning and Shane McCann, who rides him everyday, was happy with him. He'll definitely stay to the novice route this season and he's going to try him over the two-six trip."

Comment

• It is unlikely that Samcro will drop back in distance at the Dublin Racing Festival, with a potential clash with Willie Mullins’ Next Destination on the cards in the Lacy & Partners Solicitors Novice Hurdle on February 3.

Bookmakers have reported money for Samcro going back to two miles and meeting Mullins’Sharjah at the inaugural running of the two-day extravaganza.

Gordon Elliott’s six-year-old has an option of taking in the two-mile Paddy Power Future Champions Novice Hurdle, while he is also a possible for the BHP Insurance Irish Champion Hurdle against the seniors.

However, the much-hyped son of Germany, as yet to meet defeat, is set instead to go up in distance for the staying event, also an option for the same connections’ impressive Thurles winner Dortmund Park.

"It’s up to Gordon and any of the three races is possible," Eddie O’Leary, Gigginstown racing manager, told RTE.ie. "However, he’ll probably run in the staying race and that should set him up fine for the Ballymore Novice Hurdle at Cheltenham.

O'Leary added that Samcro would remain Jack Kennedy's ride
                        From RTE.

It'll be interesting to see how many run in the Ballymore rather than going up or dropping in trip for the Festival, if Samcro does what is expected of him at the DRF, he'll surely scare a few away.

Comment

• Novice Chase?

Can a Mod sort this thread title please, although if it were a Chase, Samcro would still win.

Comment

• Morning all,

Did anyone manage to see who pricewise tipped up for this last night? Been struggling to find it and not seen any blue on oddschecker this morning?

Comment

• Originally posted by jkite16 View Post
                              Morning all,

Did anyone manage to see who pricewise tipped up for this last night? Been struggling to find it and not seen any blue on oddschecker this morning?
                              On the blindside was one of them, not sure about the other.

Comment

• He went with -

On The Blind Side win 7’s
                                Real Steel win 33’s

Comment

Working...
                                X