Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ballymore (Previously Neptune) Novice Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we have to accept this is how to get a nicer ante post price ... for anyone not on Samcro, you're taking the chance he wins at 1/4 and you've got 8/1 I to 6/1 ... Or you back him at 4/1 and put the returns on yourself. Or you leave it!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      I think we have to accept this is how to get a nicer ante post price ... for anyone not on Samcro, you're taking the chance he wins at 1/4 and you've got 8/1 I to 6/1 ... Or you back him at 4/1 and put the returns on yourself. Or you leave it!
      I certainly love, and I'm many others do too, a hyped up, gambled on horse, especially for the Cheltenham festival.

I am certainly leaving it as it is, in the hope he actually is the superstar we hope for him to be. If not it will be back to the drawing board, and the bank ;-)

Comment

The best thing about that for me was knowing he can jump a hurdle, obviously the opposition was poor anyway, but nice confidence booster

Comment

I thought his jumping was electric, really impressed with it, onwards and upwards for Samco, looking forward to seeing him take on better horses.

Comment

He beat jack dillenger, wait till after the lawyers hotel novices at navan where Bellshill got beat before you start to count your winnings.
            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

lol not sure anyones counting their winnings but a perfect start to his hurdling career.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                He beat jack dillenger, wait till after the lawyers hotel novices at navan where Bellshill got beat before you start to count your winnings.
                He beat him by 12 lengths without being asked a single question, so that’s not hugely fair!

Comment

Samcro could only beat what was in front of him (or behind him!) and he did so with ease.
                  Job done.
                  On to the next

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                    I don't think anyone's counting anything. First things first - can he jump? Yes. Onwards to stage 2

Comment

Jack Dillenger ran to 131 RPR on last run last season and has an official rating of 127 so it does give the run a bit of substance. Looking forward to seeing him upped in grade. Looks very exciting, now wheres that money i need to count after backing him at 1/5!

Comment

Originally posted by robith View Post
                        I don't think anyone's counting anything. First things first - can he jump? Yes. Onwards to stage 2
                        Iv backed samcro myself, i was joking, but he has just beat a 120 horse

Comment

Think the smile on wee Jack Kennedy’s coupon says a lot, Elliot said yesterday as well that he wouldn’t swap him for anything

To me that couldn’t have went better, never off the bridle and hurdling was extremely efficient

Samcro looks a beast !!!!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=robith;43628]I don't think anyone's counting anything. First things first - can he jump? Yes. Onwards to stage 2[/QU

plenty of novices are going to beat jack dillenger in the same fashion before the spring festivals, will be good to see him stepping up in grade.

Comment

Like Samcro,*Mind's Eye*is also owned by Gigginstown House Stud.

"Job done — we think he's a nice horse. Jack said it was pretty straight-forward and he would have done as much at home on the gallop," said Elliott.

"He's relaxed and you could step him up in trip but he's got the pace for that. He's a nice horse, it's hard to know how good he is but we like him and we think the world of him.

"His bumpers were very good last year. Half-way through his bumpers he looks like he goes to sleep and is lobbing along.

"I think the day we really saw him was the day with Lisa when she gave him a slap down the shoulder, at Fairyhouse, and he showed the pace he has.

"He put it to sleep there from the turn-in to the last, he put 15-lengths between them.

"I don't think he could have done anymore than he did. He'd have to improve again to go to the next level but he looks a nice horse.

"We have that many of them we have to split them up. It'll be steady steady and he'll have one more run before Christmas I'd imagine.

"We'll have to look at something like the Royal Bond. I've said it all along I think he's quick enough for two miles and he has the stamina to stay and step out whenever you want.

"Chasing is going to be his game so we'll try and mind him."

Comment

Job done, impressive enough, move forward onto next

Comment

Working...
                                X