Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ballymore (Previously Neptune) Novice Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
    Previous trainer Robert Tyner did comment after his Punchestown bumper win that he thinks Vision Des Flos will be better over two and a half miles.
    He did, but after his run today, I'd definitely put him in a 2 mile maiden hurdle next time, keen and travelled strongly
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Early Doors*(FR)

Track

4-y-o; bay*geldingBreeding: Soldier of Fortune*-*Ymlaen*(Desert Prince)Trained by:*Joseph P O'BrienLast Race:*Punchestown, 25 Apr 2017 18:05Result: 3/16,*soon tracked leaders in 3rd, 4th before straight, challenged from 2f out, one pace from 1f outView full form

Form Profile:

Made an impressive winning debut in a bumper at Punchestown in February and ran well to finish a close third in the Land Rover Bumper at the Punchestown Festival.

Trainer Says:

He’s an exciting horse. He’s nearly ready to start off in a maiden hurdle and has been schooling well. We’ll probably start him off over two miles, but he’s one that could step up in trip in time. I’d be hopeful he can be a Graded novice hurdler.

Video Form25 Apr 2017:Punchestown - Goffs Land Rover Bumper (2m)22 Feb 2017:Punchestown - Family Saturday At The Festival Flat Race (2m ½f)

Comment

Samcro runs tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
          Samcro runs tomorrow
          I for one cant wait , will tell us a lot. Expect him to win well but i am more interested in his hurdling and how he settles in big field than anything else.

Anyone fancy guessing his price for Ballymore hurdle now before he runs ,I will say 5/1.

Comment

I think he'll be top price 4/1 this time tomorrow night.

Comment

I'll say 8/1
              But wouldnt suprise me if Bf stay top price at 9s. Horrendous race, and will learn nothing at all apart from his ability to jump, without coming under pressure.

Comment

A number have already cut him after he was declared for tomorrow's race. I don't think 9/1 will be available by 2pm tomorrow

Comment

They'll trim him as long as he isn't workman-like surely?

I guess most people are already invested at double figures on here

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                    They'll trim him as long as he isn't workman-like surely?

I guess most people are already invested at double figures on here

Someone will stand out. You can't cut him after beating 120< rates horses. If he's winning the neptune he'd want to be 35 pounds clear. A decent midfield graded horse like moulin au vent / bleu berry would beat these by 10 on the bridle

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                      Someone will stand out. You can't cut him after beating 120< rates horses. If he's winning the neptune he'd want to be 35 pounds clear. A decent midfield graded horse like moulin au vent / bleu berry would beat these by 10 on the bridle
                      They shouldn't cut them, but they will.

Comment

I suppose, they cut robin des foret and he won't even be a novice.
                        Still think 8s will be available this time tomorrow.

Comment

Melon was cut to 4/1 the day after his maiden hurdle win, and that was also a weak race. It'll be interesting to see what the bookies do if Samcro puts in a nice round of hurdling (and wins as he likes).

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                            I suppose, they cut robin des foret and he won't even be a novice.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                              They shouldn't cut them, but they will.
                              Yes.

Any slight concerns that Elliott won the same race with Labaik that Samcro is in tomorrow?

Comment

I think will be cut to around 6/1, 13/2. Shouldn't be cut but will be. Will just be interested to how runs. As got my ante-post pretty much relying on it

Comment

Working...
                                X