Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

RSA Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen Johnny Ward say that Presenting Percy goes novice chasing.... is this the race? 33/1 available and I want to be onside! Super impressed with his Cheltenham win last season and this looks THE race to me.... but I am worried he'll be aimed at a handicap? What do we think?

Comment

Going by how the owners have run Mall Dini, he'll be turning up in the Kim Muir.

Of the novice races, I'd be thinking 4 miler.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
        Going by how the owners have run Mall Dini, he'll be turning up in the Kim Muir.

Of the novice races, I'd be thinking 4 miler.
        He MUST be better than that? That Chelt performance from that mark was group class... but you're probably right. I still might have 0.5 pts each way though

Comment

Am itching to back Topofthegame here. Very smart form over 2 1/2 miles last year (just touched off by Beyond Conceit who then finished upsides of the likes of Debece and Constantine Bay). However, Topofthegame should really come into his own over 3 miles. The form of his point win is strong and he's just a huge horse, an extra summer behind him and he should be a beast this year. Paddys haven't got him listed yet but as soon as they do I'm getting on, main fancy for this race for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
            He MUST be better than that? That Chelt performance from that mark was group class... but you're probably right. I still might have 0.5 pts each way though
            The 4 miler is a proper race now Kev, no longer a duplicate foxhunters for slower horses, a proper race...

Comment

Rathvinden has some decent form and looked like a proper horse last time out. A lot of whispers about the 4m being likely target and I'd want him onside for that if so

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                The 4 miler is a proper race now Kev, no longer a duplicate foxhunters for slower horses, a proper race...
                Yes, you're absolutely right. Very hard to pick a runner at this stage for me though

Comment

Originally posted by Robante View Post
                  Rathvinden has some decent form and looked like a proper horse last time out. A lot of whispers about the 4m being likely target and I'd want him onside for that if so
                  Aiming him at the Drinmore (2 1/2 mile) apparently. Has shown a fair bit of speed and that could be a stepping stone to the better 3 mile novice chases. He has a touch of class and trained by anyone else would be a strong RSA candidate; as it is, it all depends where he fits on the depth chart.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayoffreedom View Post
                    Aiming him at the Drinmore (2 1/2 mile) apparently. Has shown a fair bit of speed and that could be a stepping stone to the better 3 mile novice chases. He has a touch of class and trained by anyone else would be a strong RSA candidate; as it is, it all depends where he fits on the depth chart.
                    Even this far out you could see Bacardys and Rathvinden being the stables two main plays for the RSA and the 4 miler. Early markets would back that up also. Couldn't have any confidence as to which horse would go for which race though

Comment

Originally posted by Robante View Post
                      Even this far out you could see Bacardys and Rathvinden being the stables two main plays for the RSA and the 4 miler. Early markets would back that up also. Couldn't have any confidence as to which horse would go for which race though
                      Cracking shout with rathvinden; very simular profile to the ill fated pont alexandre
                      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

I'd be hoping Barcadys runs here.

Well fancied at Cheltenham last year before interference in the race cost him all chance. And the defeat of Finians Oscar is top form.

Promised myself after the stress of Mullins bingo last year I wouldn't partake again....Thus far I haven't!
                        Last edited by Innoko; 10 October 2017, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Just take the stress out of it and back Bacardys in the Any Race market. You lose very little in terms of price.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                            Just take the stress out of it and back Bacardys in the Any Race market. You lose very little in terms of price.
                            Its a fair point.

Quoted 16-1 for JLT and RSA. 20-1 for the 4 miler.

I probably look at the any race price of 10-1 the wrong way. I guess i should take the view that 10-1 will be too big in the race Bacardys lines up. So it is value?

Rather than the view that , I'm taking a price a minimum of 6pts below what is on offer in a selected race.

Comment

Far too early to be more than tentative but I think they'd hope that Bacardys would be a Gold Cup horse in 2019. If that's still the case in March I'd expect them to go for the JLT.

Comment

Originally posted by Innoko View Post
                                Its a fair point.

Quoted 16-1 for JLT and RSA. 20-1 for the 4 miler.

I probably look at the any race price of 10-1 the wrong way. I guess i should take the view that 10-1 will be too big in the race Bacardys lines up. So it is value?

Rather than the view that , I'm taking a price a minimum of 6pts below what is on offer in a selected race.
                                I don't think he's worth the risk backing for a particular race at this stage. He could easy be another Black Hercules and turn up in the race we least expect. I'd just put a bigger bet on the any race price of 10/1.....but that's just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X