Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

RSA Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On Shattered Love, she couldn't go with them at all last year at the festival. Maybe she was burnt out by the time she rocked up to the festival, but shes had a busy enough campaign already this year and if I was on her I'd like to hope she goes straight there. I think there is some question marks on the ground and the form of SL.

Kelly had Mall Dini beaten several times over at very short odds last year, yet he ran great in the Kim Muir, thought Katie gave both him and Wonderful Charm way too much to do. It's interesting that Percy had a shocker before coming out and hosing up in a handicap off 145 next time despite being rated 159 at Punchestown over hurdles. I really think it's all about one day for Kelly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Folski View Post
      On Shattered Love, she couldn't go with them at all last year at the festival. Maybe she was burnt out by the time she rocked up to the festival, but shes had a busy enough campaign already this year and if I was on her I'd like to hope she goes straight there. I think there is some question marks on the ground and the form of SL.

Kelly had Mall Dini beaten several times over at very short odds last year, yet he ran great in the Kim Muir, thought Katie gave both him and Wonderful Charm way too much to do. It's interesting that Percy had a shocker before coming out and hosing up in a handicap off 145 next time despite being rated 159 at Punchestown over hurdles. I really think it's all about one day for Kelly.
      She does go straight there.

On the trainer of PP
      The rsa is not a handicap you can plot yourself in.
      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
        She does go straight there.

On the trainer of PP
        The rsa is not a handicap you can plot yourself in.
        Very true, it's also not run in November.

Don Poli is the only winner to have won all his chase starts since Denman.

Comment

Very true, it's also not run in November.

Don Poli is the only winner to have won all his chase starts since Denman.
          Hes done nothing since November. To improve from that. But I'll leave it as that.

It will soon be the wednesday and the rsa before we know it

Comment

On Shattered Love, she couldn't go with them at all last year at the festival. Maybe she was burnt out by the time she rocked up to the festival, but shes had a busy enough campaign already this year and if I was on her I'd like to hope she goes straight there. I think there is some question marks on the ground and the form of SL.
            Being a Gigginstown owned horse I can be 90% certain she was brought with chasing in mind, so what she achieved over hurdles was a big bonus, including a listed and Grade 3 hurdle back in Ireland. I actually thought she was campaigned well, until the festival, where for some unknown reason they put her in the Neptune, when she had never raced beyond 2m 2f back home. After that she had a long enough season to be put away anyway, which they didn't and her final seasonal performance showed that her exertions from the season had taken its toll.

She looks a fantastic chaser so far, and this time round they have actually given her a trip over 3m before just sending her to the festival as an unknown quantity, not to mention she has also been given more time to freshen up than last season, she has finished ahead of PP already this season, and unfortunately we do not know how things would have panned out with Monalee when she won the Grade 1 over Christmas, coincidentally the same race Don Poli won before taken the RSA that season and the same race No More Heroes won, before that ill-fated run (RIP) in the RSA that same season.

Both horses were given breaks after that Christmas race, just like Shattered Love this time around and I think she goes to Cheltenham with a lot better chance than the 20/1 that is on offer, or even the 14/1 NRNB available.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
              Being a Gigginstown owned horse I can be 90% certain she was brought with chasing in mind, so what she achieved over hurdles was a big bonus, including a listed and Grade 3 hurdle back in Ireland. I actually thought she was campaigned well, until the festival, where for some unknown reason they put her in the Neptune, when she had never raced beyond 2m 2f back home. After that she had a long enough season to be put away anyway, which they didn't and her final seasonal performance showed that her exertions from the season had taken its toll.

She looks a fantastic chaser so far, and this time round they have actually given her a trip over 3m before just sending her to the festival as an unknown quantity, not to mention she has also been given more time to freshen up than last season, she has finished ahead of PP already this season, and unfortunately we do not know how things would have panned out with Monalee when she won the Grade 1 over Christmas, coincidentally the same race Don Poli won before taken the RSA that season and the same race No More Heroes won, before that ill-fated run (RIP) in the RSA that same season.

Both horses were given breaks after that Christmas race, just like Shattered Love this time around and I think she goes to Cheltenham with a lot better chance than the 20/1 that is on offer, or even the 14/1 NRNB available.
              Was there any excuse for her run in the JLT last year? That's the one thing putting me off, was well backed that day and just didn't go at all. On bare form, that run aside, you've every right to be as confident about her as anyone could be about Presenting Percy

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                Hes done nothing since November. To improve from that. But I'll leave it as that.

It will soon be the wednesday and the rsa before we know it
                He won a handicap off 145 on the bridle over 3.5m. The form of which includes a horse which fell while in 3rd at the last of a €110k chase and a Thyestes runner up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbante View Post
                  Was there any excuse for her run in the JLT last year? That's the one thing putting me off, was well backed that day and just didn't go at all. On bare form, that run aside, you've every right to be as confident about her as anyone could be about Presenting Percy
                  I assume you mean the Neptune?

And no, no apparent reason anyway, other than the fact for me they campaigned her over shorter all season, then for some reason they stick her in the Neptune, one of the hardest novice hurdle races to win of the season, which is over further.

It still bemuses me why they done that, and the only reason I have behind it was it was Gigginstown's only representative, they had nothing to go at the race with so gave her a shot. Either way, she's a better chaser than hurdler anyway

Comment

And no, no apparent reason anyway, other than the fact for me they campaigned her over shorter all season, then for some reason they stick her in the Neptune, one of the hardest novice hurdle races to win of the season, which is over further.

It still bemuses me why they done that, and the only reason I have behind it was it was Gigginstown's only representative, they had nothing to go at the race with so gave her a shot. Either way, she's a better chaser than hurdler anyway
                    Yes neptune sorry. I'd be far more inclined to take the 20s for her than the 3s PP, but then I would say that as i'm a little bitter that i'm not on PP at about the same price that Shattered Love is now. PP price now is based on hype rather than form, don't think anyone can argue against that

Comment

• On shattered love. O’Leary recently mentioned he acquired Apples Jade due to the increase of fixtures and prize money/status of mares races. So she may not have been acquired with the intention of being a 3m chaser like most GG horses.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbante View Post
                        Yes neptune sorry. I'd be far more inclined to take the 20s for her than the 3s PP, but then I would say that as i'm a little bitter that i'm not on PP at about the same price that Shattered Love is now. PP price now is based on hype rather than form, don't think anyone can argue against that
                        Yeah, I've heard the Irish believe PP is one of their bankers of the festival, I'd not be so sure of that, but he's a good horse.

Comment

He won a handicap off 145 on the bridle over 3.5m. The form of which includes a horse which fell while in 3rd at the last of a €110k chase and a Thyestes runner up.
                          None of that has anything to do with a grade 1 novice chase off levels

Comment

I backed her for the neptune ew at 50s. She just diddnt turn up on the day

Comment

• I think Shattered Love has had three runs outside mare's company, winning one. The vast majority of her form is in small field, relatively uncompetitive mare's races. I suppose her chance depends to large extent as to what you think of Jury Duty. Having looked to be travelling well that horse was run over by Presenting Percy in the Pertemps. I doubt very much Jury Duty has improved more than Presenting Percy for a fence. I would be very surprised if Shattered Love threatens to place in the RSA.

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
                                I think Shattered Love has had three runs outside mare's company, winning one. The vast majority of her form is in small field, relatively uncompetitive mare's races. I suppose her chance depends to large extent as to what you think of Jury Duty. Having looked to be travelling well that horse was run over by Presenting Percy in the Pertemps. I doubt very much Jury Duty has improved more than Presenting Percy for a fence. I would be very surprised if Shattered Love threatens to place in the RSA.
                                Jury duty jumps brilliantly. Nothing to do with PP . But if jury duty hasn't improved considerably for fences I'd very suprised.
                                Last edited by Scooby91; 6 February 2018, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X