Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

RSA Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al Boum Photo looked to be staying on well there, one that certainly hasn't gone unnoticed on here or by me.

Still like Shattered Love, despite many on here not too keen on her, Monalee fell when against her so no form line can be taken from his win today, but she is overpriced still.

Comment

• Had monalee for the RSA but didn't back him today, wish I did as that was a tough race today for him...

Comment

• Dounikos 50/1 with sj. Not nrnb but huge ran a race full of promise.
        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
          Superb race. Think we may have just seen two Festival winners there.

Monalee for the RSA and Invitation Only for the JLT. Think we are done on IO for the RSA now Kev. You'd think Al Boum Photo will head to that race after that.

I wouldn't be too confident on how they'd split them up tro be honest.... IO was too short for the JLT for me to back and he's been beaten quite fairly there?

AL Boum Photo didn't jump quickly but I think he's a better horse than IO based on today.... Not put off anything in any race....

Monalee is very likeable - no single on him for this race but a double with Samcro at 27/1

He's actually in the ante post forum yankee isn't he...
          EW Forum Ante Post Yankee - If The Cap Fits,Monalee,Cause of Causes,Willoughby Court

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
            Dounikos 50/1 with sj. Not nrnb but huge ran a race full of promise.
            Didn't have him on my mind before that... any chance they'd go RSA?

I'll probably risk that to be honest

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              I wouldn't be too confident on how they'd split them up tro be honest.... IO was too short for the JLT for me to back and he's been beaten quite fairly there?

AL Boum Photo didn't jump quickly but I think he's a better horse than IO based on today.... Not put off anything in any race....

Monalee is very likeable - no single on him for this race but a double with Samcro at 27/1

EW Forum Ante Post Yankee - If The Cap Fits,Monalee,Cause of Causes,Willoughby Court
              Agree he's been beaten fairly. But almost cerainly by two top class horses who may fight out the RSA, assuming they go there. I'd fancy Ruby will want to ride them both myself. Can't see a better Novice chaser in the stable (Footpad aside of course)

Comment

Didn't have him on my mind before that... any chance they'd go RSA?

I'll probably risk that to be honest
                He ran a fantastic race. Closed out and switched at the end. Should never be 50/1

Comment

Hopefully get a run for our money on the Yankee Kev, HdB all but confirmed him for the RSA on Irish tv re: the Davy Russell being unable to commit given his connections with PP

Comment

• Just re watched the flogas and what a lovely ride Noel gave Monalee today, happy to have bowl along in front and his jumping was superb! Very happy to see what he does in the RSA

Comment

• Originally posted by darlojim View Post
                      Just re watched the flogas and what a lovely ride Noel gave Monalee today, happy to have bowl along in front and his jumping was superb! Very happy to see what he does in the RSA
                      No sign of cautiousness that you wouldn't have blamed him for given his fall at xmas, very positive ride from Noel Fehily suited today and most impressively he found loads when challenged

Comment

• Delighted with Monalee. I've got him at 10s and 6s and in some nice looking multiples, and now that RSA stat about falling on previous start is no longer a worry!

Comment

• Originally posted by robith View Post
                          Delighted with Monalee. I've got him at 10s and 6s and in some nice looking multiples, and now that RSA stat about falling on previous start is no longer a worry!
                          He lepped like a buck, so natural over fences

Comment

• Monalee owners.

We're delighted, Henry's done a superb job with him," (Mike) Maloney said. "It was a horrific fall, he got hit by horses in behind and to get him back here over a trip that might be a little short of his best was really really good in a high-class field.

"He jumped super, Noel gave him a great ride."

As for his Cheltenham target, it's not cut and dry just yet, even if the RSA Chase would be a strong favourite at this stage.

"The RSA is a possible but the JLT might be an option as well, we'll have to see how he comes out of this now but he's got the pace for the JLT, too, I think.

"We'll all have a chat, but I'd say the RSA remains his most likely target."

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                              Monalee owners.

We're delighted, Henry's done a superb job with him," (Mike) Maloney said. "It was a horrific fall, he got hit by horses in behind and to get him back here over a trip that might be a little short of his best was really really good in a high-class field.

"He jumped super, Noel gave him a great ride."

As for his Cheltenham target, it's not cut and dry just yet, even if the RSA Chase would be a strong favourite at this stage.

"The RSA is a possible but the JLT might be an option as well, we'll have to see how he comes out of this now but he's got the pace for the JLT, too, I think.

"We'll all have a chat, but I'd say the RSA remains his most likely target."
                              HdB's comments in the post race interview would tie in with that alright

Comment

• Those comments make sense. I see him as a JLT horse as I've banged on about but I wouldn't be against him in the RSA.

I just like a JLT horse that could stay further ... like Willoughby Court.

Comment

Working...
                                X