Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

RSA Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For what its worth PP only flop this season was when they ran him to soon after his impressive debut. All about opinions but seen nothing other than Monalee that might trouble him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      I can't see yanworth not running in this. I'd be a little shocked if they chose to go down the stayers route.
      Exchanges have been saying different for a couple of weeks now.

Don't like horses switching back but it worked for BVD last year I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Innoko View Post
        Exchanges have been saying different for a couple of weeks now.

Don't like horses switching back but it worked for BVD last year I guess.
        Could be a new trend after BVD last year.
        Lami Serge (possibly)
        Yanworth
        Finians Oscar
        Yorkhill (possibly)
        Bacardy

Comment

• Shattered love
          She'll go straight to Cheltenham," Elliott told At The Races.

"She's been busy enough. She's had five runs this year already so I'm going to go straight to the RSA with her."

Elliott still intends to be well represented in the two-mile-five-furlong Grade One next Sunday.

"I think I'll probably run three in the Flogas – Sutton Place, Dounikos and The Storyteller, all being well," he said.
          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
            Do you think Shattered Love goes for this?

I had a nibble today for this race on the exchanges.
            Music to my ears, that Scooby

Comment

• I can't have any Alan King horse at the festival in a grade 1 to be honest.

I was massively impressed with Yanworth on trials day during his novice season, he disappointed at the festival.

Last year he was workman like but we kept hearing how Cheltenham was going to bring huge improvement, not the case again.

King has 5 winners at the festival in the last 9 years, 1 grade 1 winner, Uxizandre, which was a fantastic ride by A.P.

His horses in general seem very inconsistent the last few years.

The stayers thread is full of people stating Supasundae isn't a great stayer yet, he was only a neck behind Yanworth at Aintree. Couple this with the fact that 3m at Cheltenham and Aintree are very different things and Yanworth's jumping so far and he's a big negative for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Folski View Post
                I can't have any Alan King horse at the festival in a grade 1 to be honest.

I was massively impressed with Yanworth on trials day during his novice season, he disappointed at the festival.

Last year he was workman like but we kept hearing how Cheltenham was going to bring huge improvement, not the case again.

King has 5 winners at the festival in the last 9 years, 1 grade 1 winner, Uxizandre, which was a fantastic ride by A.P.

His horses in general seem very inconsistent the last few years.

The stayers thread is full of people stating Supasundae isn't a great stayer yet, he was only a neck behind Yanworth at Aintree. Couple this with the fact that 3m at Cheltenham and Aintree are very different things and Yanworth's jumping so far and he's a big negative for me.
                I see it completely differently. Yanworth never does much in front but is as hardy as they come, if played late enough in a truly run race over 3 miles I think he'll see it out better than most. He was better value than for his 1 length win over Supasundae at Aintree imo as he was sent to the front far too early. His form last time out at cheltenham has been underplayed if anything, yes he was in receipt of 5lb from Willoughby Court but he beat him comfortably enough

Comment

• Shattered Love goes straight here

Shattered Love is set to go straight for the RSA Insurance Chase at Cheltenham and sidestep the Dublin Racing Festival at Leopardstown next weekend.

Comment

• The more I look at this race the sweeter I am on Fountains Windfall.

Jumping is a concern with both falls in the the John Francome Novices' Chase and Kauto Star Novices' Chase coming in quick succession, but having watched those races back both are clumsy mistakes on landing and coming away from the fence, as opposed to jumping the fence poorly. I am convinced that he had them beat in the Kauto Star Novices' Chase four out, and was travelling so well before coming down.

Anthony Honeyball is having a brilliant season and I think with a good round of jumping FW will be hard to beat.

Comment

• I feel the most overpriced horse in the race now is Shattered Love, given the trainer has confirmed this as her target race only this weekend just gone, and even if you feel it's a risk to back her on the back of her trainers comments you can still get 12/1 NRNB, for a horse whose form is stacking up very well, oh and also has the beating of the current race favourite already this season, which makes no sense to me, given the price difference

I feel she has slipped under the radar quite a bit, given the amount of talk about other Giggs/Elliott horses.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                        I feel the most overpriced horse in the race now is Shattered Love, given the trainer has confirmed this as her target race only this weekend just gone, and even if you feel it's a risk to back her on the back of her trainers comments you can still get 12/1 NRNB, for a horse whose form is stacking up very well, oh and also has the beating of the current race favourite already this season, which makes no sense to me, given the price difference

I feel she has slipped under the radar quite a bit, given the amount of talk about other Giggs/Elliott horses.
                        Negatives would be her run at Cheltenham last season and I don't agree her form is stacking up well

12/15 in the Neptune last year, so would have a slight concern she didn't like the track?

Her form isn't that good? She's won 2 mares chases that aren't worth anything, then got beaten by Jury Duty (who's been beaten since) and then won another mares chase... before reversing the form with Jury Duty. Jury Duty wouldn't be close in an RSA for me, so although I don't think it is a bad bet, at the price, I can see why people could over look it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                          Negatives would be her run at Cheltenham last season and I don't agree her form is stacking up well

12/15 in the Neptune last year, so would have a slight concern she didn't like the track?

Her form isn't that good? She's won 2 mares chases that aren't worth anything, then got beaten by Jury Duty (who's been beaten since) and then won another mares chase... before reversing the form with Jury Duty. Jury Duty wouldn't be close in an RSA for me, so although I don't think it is a bad bet, at the price, I can see why people could over look it?
                          In comparison to the PP price she is by far and away the bet for me, she has finished 12 lengths ahead of him this season already and wouldn't put it past her doing it again.

Agree, her Cheltenham form was not great, but going into that race she had never gone beyond 2m 2f anyway, let alone at a tough track like Cheltenham, think it would be unfair to judge her course form on that one particular run, and the fact she has now won over 3m, for me, means the distance is not an issue. She seems to act on all 'Going's' too which won't hinder her.

Comment

• Is Monalee an intended runner in the flogas does anyone know?

Comment

• Originally posted by Folski View Post
                              I can't have any Alan King horse at the festival in a grade 1 to be honest.
                              THIS!

Every year, his horse fail to deliver. I've had enough after I was waiting for a sizable return on Yanworth for the Neptune. Remember seeing a trend for King horses, thought Yanworth would break it... obviously not!

Yanworth can't jump, I hope money comes in for him for this or the JLT... gives us more value elsewhere

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
                                The more I look at this race the sweeter I am on Fountains Windfall.

Jumping is a concern with both falls in the the John Francome Novices' Chase and Kauto Star Novices' Chase coming in quick succession, but having watched those races back both are clumsy mistakes on landing and coming away from the fence, as opposed to jumping the fence poorly. I am convinced that he had them beat in the Kauto Star Novices' Chase four out, and was travelling so well before coming down.

Anthony Honeyball is having a brilliant season and I think with a good round of jumping FW will be hard to beat.
                                Entered in the Scilly's Chase, which is a horrendous race for RSA bound horses.
                                Classy horse, but as you mention, jumping is a concern especially around cheltenham and at the festival where they will be going at a clip and putting him under pressure. I wouldnt be backing it

Comment

Working...
                                X