Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

RSA Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laughable that the 1st 2 beat presenting percy yet he's the one who shortened in his box to 7/1 after winning his 3m5 handicap last time.

His price won't go anywhere but I'm not a million miles away from backing black corton ew. Atleast he consistently has the form in the book.
    Last edited by Scooby91; 29 December 2017, 01:16 PM.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      Laughable that the 1st 2 beat presenting percy yet he's the one who shortened in his box to 7/1 after winning his 3m5 handicap last time.

His price won't go anywhere but I'm not a million miles away from backing black corton ew. Atleast he consistently has the form in the book.
      Did that last weekend Scooby , i was a little surprised that betfred were still 20-1. and still were earlier.

Comment

• Could a pattern arise between Monalee and last year's winner Might Bite? Fell over Xmas when otherwise running well, Might Bite came out to win at Donny yet still got criticised for it. Went off a bigger price than he should have the RSA and ends up jumping them senseless. Could very much see that happening again

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
          Could a pattern arise between Monalee and last year's winner Might Bite? Fell over Xmas when otherwise running well, Might Bite came out to win at Donny yet still got criticised for it. Went off a bigger price than he should have the RSA and ends up jumping them senseless. Could very much see that happening again
          If he seems to be Ok after being reported to be sore after falling them yeh i could see this. Would like to see him out again before cheltenham though.

Comment

• Originally posted by darlojim View Post
            If he seems to be Ok after being reported to be sore after falling them yeh i could see this. Would like to see him out again before cheltenham though.
            Me too darlojim but I would imagine he would have a run sometime in Jan/Feb

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
              Could a pattern arise between Monalee and last year's winner Might Bite? Fell over Xmas when otherwise running well, Might Bite came out to win at Donny yet still got criticised for it. Went off a bigger price than he should have the RSA and ends up jumping them senseless. Could very much see that happening again
              Originally posted by darlojim View Post
              Would almost need to see him out again and win because of that haunting stat that no horse has ever won a chase at Chelt on the back of a Fall last time out?

I had a panic bet on Monalee in an each way double with Cause of Causes pre-race and have cashed it out If he is enterd up I'd be tempted again at the slightly bigger odds

Comment

• Anyone who liked Monalee before the race today I don't think could be negative about him now despite the fall. I'm willing to forgive a novice falling especially when he is trained by HdB and his seasonal debut was almost spot on. Faugheen mentioned elsewhere though that it was a nasty fall and he was kicked several times on the floor so you'd want to see if anymore updates come out over the next week?

Would almost need to see him out again and win because of that haunting stat that no horse has ever won a chase at Chelt on the back of a Fall last time out?
                Used to be rock solid and something I always checked but both Black Hercules and Ballyalton defied this in 2016. Although a negative, I no longer rule a horse out where as I would have before.

I had a panic bet on Monalee in an each way double with Cause of Causes pre-race and have cashed it out If he is enterd up I'd be tempted again at the slightly bigger odds
                Just a thought - the cash out offer may not last long (does seem like an error) but have you come onto something here Kev...essentially a risk free bet? Bet on a horse with 365 before the race in the hope that it will win and shorten for the festival, else cash out straight after, essentially a NRNB for all races/horses?

Comment

• It was my go-to thing to check straight after the race and it wasn't available to cash out. The RSA market had been completely suspended.

When I checked later on, they'd pushed Monalee out to 7/1 from 6/1 but I could cash out. I can't remember though if it was the exact full amount, or whether it was for the same 'return' if I'd placed it again with the offered stake but at the 'higher' odds. In fact, the latter makes the most sense....

Risky, but only to lose a small part and obviously if it'd have shortened I'd have been able to cash out for the full amount?

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
                    Just a thought - the cash out offer may not last long (does seem like an error) but have you come onto something here Kev...essentially a risk free bet? Bet on a horse with 365 before the race in the hope that it will win and shorten for the festival, else cash out straight after, essentially a NRNB for all races/horses?
                    I assume the value of the cash out option will fluctuate throughout the race, depending on how the selection is performing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Montjeu View Post
                      I assume the value of the cash out option will fluctuate throughout the race, depending on how the selection is performing?
                      Was suspended during the race .... I think it was done on the adjusted ante-post market afterwards?

From what I can gather, if the odds are NOW shorter or EQUAL to what they are in your bet, you can cash out for full amount of stake.... if the odds are HIGHER, they factor in what return you'd get if you re-invested the 'cash out value' on the higher odds. (I hope that makes sense, finding it hard to explain)

Comment

• All my open bets or bets that I have cashed out were for either the stake back in full or higher (multiples with some legs won i.e Might Bite KG) but it would make sense for the cash out to also be smaller, which is what you would expect.

Whilst this seems to be an option i'll certainly be keener to use bet365 If I think there's a chance the bet could go either way. Not fallproof but a reduced risk

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                          Was suspended during the race .... I think it was done on the adjusted ante-post market afterwards?

From what I can gather, if the odds are NOW shorter or EQUAL to what they are in your bet, you can cash out for full amount of stake.... if the odds are HIGHER, they factor in what return you'd get if you re-invested the 'cash out value' on the higher odds. (I hope that makes sense, finding it hard to explain)
                          Yeah that makes sense. I had thought this may have been a temporary 'rick' in the system (and would at some point be rectified) but probably not when that's the case

Comment

Yeah that makes sense. I had thought this may have been a temporary 'rick' in the system (and would at some point be rectified) but probably not when that's the case
                            Certainly going to be putting the majority of bets on with 365 whilst in continues.... nice option to have compared to no option at all as you say.

I cashed out a Charli Parcs one for the CH at almost half haha. Things like Melon for the Arkle at full stake. Odd!

Which Might Bite multiple did you cash out? I've left all mine..... one rolling on to Apple's Jade at 15/1, one with Footpad at 15/1 too. No chance I'm cashing those in

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              Which Might Bite multiple did you cash out?
                              Oh none what so all...they are just ones where the cash out is now obviously higher than the stake.
                              A mix of Apples Jade (the same bet i think), Samcro, Buveur and Altior so no chance i'm cashing any out

Comment

Oh none what so all...they are just ones where the cash out is now obviously higher than the stake.
                                A mix of Apples Jade (the same bet i think), Samcro, Buveur and Altior so no chance i'm cashing any out
                                Ah that makes more sense! I thought it would have been an odd to do!

So, who wins the RSA? I'm a little surprised as scooby highlighted that Presenting Percy has had a trim for this race!

Black Corton just cannot get my juices flowing. Surely, surely the Kauto Star was their day... the end of a tremendous run? Tempted by the 20s just because I think it'lll be shorter. What is the Kauto Star winners record actually.... isn't it quite poor BUT doesn't include Coneygree who won the Gold Cup? I'm pretty confident that is the 'trend' which I am pretty happy to ignore.... although I don't need many reasons not to fancy Black Corton.

Comment

Working...
                                X