Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

RSA Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Montjeu View Post
    Is Monalee not going for the Drinmore then?
    That wasn't the plan last week so id assume not, i don't blame HDB it's a tough race to go into after 1 facile win. Against some hardened types.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      That wasn't the plan last week so id assume not, i don't blame HDB it's a tough race to go into after 1 facile win. Against some hardened types.
      Fair enough, I'd have liked to have seen him in the Drinmore though, could have done the Coney Island route and followed it up in the Fort Leney. Any idea what the plan is for him so?

Comment

• Originally posted by Montjeu View Post
        Fair enough, I'd have liked to have seen him in the Drinmore though, could have done the Coney Island route and followed it up in the Fort Leney. Any idea what the plan is for him so?
        No idea personally, prob goes for another novice under a penalty to get some experience. Complete guess though

Comment

• Presenting percy goes for a 3m5 handicap on Sunday off his mark of 145. Could be one for the NH chase if he wins.
          A festival handicap if he dosent.

Comment

Presenting percy goes for a 3m5 handicap on Sunday off his mark of 145. Could be one for the NH chase if he wins.
            Blimey that's an interesting move for them

Comment

Presenting percy goes for a 3m5 handicap on Sunday off his mark of 145. Could be one for the NH chase if he wins.
              I might request a bet that PP wins on day one

Comment

• I can see why people would be taken by Presenting Percy but that Pertemps is littered with winners who promised to go onto bigger and better things and never did.
                Fingal Bay was a Stayers hurdle winner in waiting, Holywell was a Gold Cup horse, even Unsinkable Boxer won a novice chase after this and was well touted for the Gold Cup before being beat half the track.
                So I tend not to look at this race for future winners, they get into these handicap finals usually by virtue of hiding their true ability from the world and take advantage of a lenient mark on the big day, but handicapping is usually about as good as it gets for them...

Comment

• Great point Ista. I've just looked back at all of the winners since 2000, not one went on to win a graded race at the festival.

How much did Call The Cops cost JP? I couldn't have imagined he'd be running at courses like Hexham three years later.

Comment

• Huge bounce back to form for Presenting Percy there! Love the horse and have to admit I'd kind of written him off! Bolted up there...... RSA, 4 miler, Ultima?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                      Huge bounce back to form for Presenting Percy there! Love the horse and have to admit I'd kind of written him off! Bolted up there...... RSA, 4 miler, Ultima?
                      Won't be Ultima. Iv backed him for 4 miler. Not good enough for rsa but prob go there.
                      Another case of bolting up in handicap.
                      imo he'd be outclassed the rsa
                      Last edited by Scooby91; 3 December 2017, 02:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        Huge bounce back to form for Presenting Percy there! Love the horse and have to admit I'd kind of written him off! Bolted up there...... RSA, 4 miler, Ultima?
                        No more handicaps that's for sure! Owner seemed to lean towards the RSA but winning today over 3m 5f on soft, you'd have to consider the National Hunt too.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                          No more handicaps that's for sure! Owner seemed to lean towards the RSA but winning today over 3m 5f on soft, you'd have to consider the National Hunt too.
                          Suppose it depend how much you want Davy to ride him. And how much you want to put him in a race with his best chance.

Comment

Suppose it depend how much you want Davy to ride him. And how much you want to put him in a race with his best chance.
                            They went to the Kim Muir with Mall Dini last season and had to sacrifice Davy riding so I would not rule out the NH Chase.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                              They went to the Kim Muir with Mall Dini last season and had to sacrifice Davy riding so I would not rule out the NH Chase.
                              That's the only one iv backed him in anyway . Worth a chance at 33s and hope he ends up there.

Comment

That's the only one iv backed him in anyway . Worth a chance at 33s and hope he ends up there.
                                Ready to forgive his Punchestown run now?

Comment

Working...
                                X