Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

JLT Novices 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gibbo82 View Post
    Do we think Monalee is more likely to turn up here?
    No not MORE likely.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gibbo82 View Post
      Do we think Monalee is more likely to turn up here?
      He has never really shortened on the exchanges for this race. Clearly even a reproduction of the Flogas would give him an excellent chance but connections appear to be blind to the idea that he is a stayer even though he didn't get home in an Albert Bartlett on ground which might well be quicker than he will face on Wednesday. Sometimes you dig yourself in such that you can't get out again. I think that's what has happened here.

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
        He has never really shortened on the exchanges for this race. Clearly even a reproduction of the Flogas would give him an excellent chance but connections appear to be blind to the idea that he is a stayer even though he didn't get home in an Albert Bartlett on ground which might well be quicker than he will face on Wednesday. Sometimes you dig yourself in such that you can't get out again. I think that's what has happened here.
        The trainer would be more than happy to go JLT, he;s publicly stated his views on RSA in the past.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
          The trainer would be more than happy to go JLT, he;s publicly stated his views on RSA in the past.
          The only quote I have seen was after the Flogas when he suggested the RSA was the race. Strikes me as a trainer who won't say anything unless there is a microphone in front of him and even then it is usually not very much.

Comment

The only quote I have seen was after the Flogas when he suggested the RSA was the race. Strikes me as a trainer who won't say anything unless there is a microphone in front of him and even then it is usually not very much.
            yep he's definitely mentioned RSA, but I'm pretty sure h'es not a lover of the RSA for novices of his, I've tried to find the quotes but can't. So I could be talking shite but my heads telling me he'd be fairly comfortable going jlt

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post
              yep he's definitely mentioned RSA, but I'm pretty sure h'es not a lover of the RSA for novices of his, I've tried to find the quotes but can't. So I could be talking shite but my heads telling me he'd be fairly comfortable going jlt
              I posted the quotes on the forum early on this season....

They were along the lines of him not liking the race particularly.... but there was a caveat at the end where he said "might be because I've never had one run very well in it".

Comment

• They have seemingly been committed to the RSA for some time which is why they had Fehily ride him last time out; knowing Russell was committed to Presenting Percy. The comments made re the ground and not getting home in the Albert Bartlett are fair. However, he is a horse who operates well on soft ground, has matured over the last year and the Old Course is much less stamina sapping than the New Course.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bayoffreedom View Post
                  They have seemingly been committed to the RSA for some time which is why they had Fehily ride him last time out; knowing Russell was committed to Presenting Percy. The comments made re the ground and not getting home in the Albert Bartlett are fair. However, he is a horse who operates well on soft ground, has matured over the last year and the Old Course is much less stamina sapping than the New Course.
                  As Mullins and Elliot often mention. Run in the race you have the best chance of winning. The odds would suggest that would be JLT.

Comment

As Mullins and Elliot often mention. Run in the race you have the best chance of winning. The odds would suggest that would be JLT.
                    This is what De Bromhead said after his first chase win: "After seeing the reaction of (the owner) to suggestion of JLT I don't think you'll be seeing him there!"

He's not Rich Ricci, and owners do change their mind but even so.............

Comment

• Originally posted by Bayoffreedom View Post
                      This is what De Bromhead said after his first chase win: "After seeing the reaction of (the owner) to suggestion of JLT I don't think you'll be seeing him there!"

He's not Rich Ricci, and owners do change their mind but even so.............
                      it makes sense that the owners are driving this one. Don't think they've had many horses, so if they're being stubborn on this then they must be gamblers

Comment

it makes sense that the owners are driving this one. Don't think they've had many horses, so if they're being stubborn on this then they must be gamblers
                        The owners aren't driving anything as far as I'm aware.
                        They suggested he could go for either. De bromhead has said very likely rsa.
                        Nobody has said monalee goes for the jlt. The Rsa is just as open. And as much as I could see him winning the jlt. I have no reason to doubt he runs in the rsa.

Comment

• Bigmartre will shorten - Tony Keenan keen on him

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                            The owners aren't driving anything as far as I'm aware.
                            They suggested he could go for either. De bromhead has said very likely rsa.
                            Nobody has said monalee goes for the jlt. The Rsa is just as open. And as much as I could see him winning the jlt. I have no reason to doubt he runs in the rsa.
                            The comments BOF put up suggests the owners not keen on JLT.
                            If they think they have the beating of the UK based horses then JLT is the most winnable as he's beaten them fair and square over similar trip.
                            I'm not a lover of PP either but the Irish think he's the next big thing by all accounts.
                            I've backed Monalee for both so not too fussed, but I'd be more sure he'd win JLT as he's classier and not a slow grinder type who he could succumb to in an RSA. less likely in the shorter race

Comment

• The best judges of form in Ireland and all of the commentators think that Presenting Percy is their best 3M novice chaser and a future Gold Cup contender. According to all of the reports that I've read or heard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigfish View Post
                                The best judges of form in Ireland and all of the commentators think that Presenting Percy is their best 3M novice chaser and a future Gold Cup contender. According to all of the reports that I've read or heard.
                                Wrong thread but
                                The best judges in Ireland are all going to do There balls on the rsa then
                                I take no notice of any "professional" judges. And follow my own judgement as final.

In my own mind I'm certain he will not win the rsa.
                                Last edited by Scooby91; 3 March 2018, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X