Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

JLT Novices 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
    No problem Mr M, but I was relaying the messages from Twitter, but glad you got your cash out
    365 obviously don't have twitter, I was on WC at 8's for a reasonable amount, can't believe they offered a cashout, seems like someone slipped up but I gots me dosh so happy with that. Thanks again

Comment

• Increasingly turned to Modus. Have I mentioned that? looks a solid shout now

Comment

• Originally posted by robith View Post
        Increasingly turned to Modus. Have I mentioned that? looks a solid shout now
        Haha yes robith, not one I fancy personally. What makes you like him?

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
          Haha yes robith, not one I fancy personally. What makes you like him?
          Nothing particularly exciting, but I like that he's won chases on all types of ground we could get, and seems solid and reliable

Comment

• As solid as he is, I expect him to find one or two a bit too classy for him on the day

Comment

• This might be (pretty sure it is) by worst position of the festival.

My two main fancies in singles have been...... Willoughby Court and Death Duty which has me 12 pts down before the tapes go up!

A good result but unliekly, is Al Boum Photo to go here, having taken some big prices and had multiples with him at 25s and he looks destined to go up in trip unfortunately for me.

The favourite now, Invitation Only, I fancied to go up in trip to the RSA chase... and although I've taken some evasive action, it isn't a significant win for me. (Probably the only FAV in any race non-handicap that I haven't got covered for overall profit!)

Incredibly, (considering my position on him being a bet for the Arkle early season) my best result would be Finian's Oscar... not in terms on singles, but I've got some exciting looking multiples that he'd conclude.

Modus, Dounikos, Terrefort running would do me no harm....

and Monalee coming here would be grand! Had a decent bet at 12's NRNB and considering another big'un now because for me, 9/2 is way too big. IMPOSSIBLE to be out of the 3 on all known form! Also had some Monalee (JLT) Percy (RSA) speculative doubles!

Got to take the rough with the smooth...and I'll be thrilled to come out level for this race.... good luck to everyone in a better position than I'm in!

Comment

• Terrefort not without a shot at all here, but will only run if soft ground. His time figures are really good

Comment

• For me Al Boum Photo just won’t stay 3 miles. Far too much is being placed on the flogas run where he caught the eye staying on... there’s a huge difference between staying on over 2m 4 and seeing out 3 miles up the hill at Cheltenham. I’ve watched all of his races and I’m convinced he won’t stay on up that hill over 3 miles, not long til we find out (assuming he does go RSA as Ruby suggests in that paddy power column)

Comment

• Monalee still getting fairly strongly backed for this.....

Comment

• Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
                      Monalee still getting fairly strongly backed for this.....
                      Music to my ears. Hopefully they will announce something soon

Comment

• Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
                        Monalee still getting fairly strongly backed for this.....
                        Fairly is about it. He isn't drifting for the RSA.

Comment

• Any free bets I collect from the first couple of days I imagine I'll be staking in this race to try and claw my way back.

Still weighing up the 9/2 NRNB about Monalee.... He should be a clear fav versus Invitation Only on their Flogas (distance) race and Modus is 3rd fav. Solid enough horse but nothing special. Finian's Oscar and Benetar next in, closely matched but the doubts about Finian's Oscar can't be put to bed... can't see anything lower than that, that I'd expect to beat Monalee.

10/1 NRNB double with Laurina will do for now - only 2 pts though.

Comment

• Kemboy remains on course to carry the colours of the Supreme Horseracing Club at the upcoming Cheltenham Festival.

Comment

• At 25/1

He might be 5th in the betting come the day?

Invitation Only
                              Modus
                              Benetar
                              Finian's Oscar

Kemboy

Monalee, Terreforte and Bigmarte the only other ones shorter that might run?

Comment

• Do we think Monalee is more likely to turn up here?

Comment

Working...
                                X