Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

JLT Novices 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought he was in the wrong race last year so it's good to see Elliot come round to a shorter trip.

His low head still really weirds me out though

Comment

As I put on the RSA thread, I believe he is ground dependent, and have no concerns for Finian's Oscar should he face Death Duty on good spring ground.

I think he'll be a horse I won't bet on anymore until nearer the time, I will wait for the 'going' description and any mention of soft in it will have me backing him.
      Last edited by ComplyOrDie; 20 October 2017, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Yanworth makes his chase debut tomorrow at Exeter 16:50 over 2m1f. Up against Stenrubin who is rated 143 over hurdles, to Yanworth's 163.

Comment

Sky have a request a bet that Death Duty or Finian's Oscar win the JLT at 9/2

Might tempt someone

Comment

Sternrubin a decent test for yanworth tomorrow over 2m1 he will be fit after his runs on the flat.
            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Sam Twiston-Davies has said 2m4f is Ballyandy's optimum trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                Sam Twiston-Davies has said 2m4f is Ballyandy's optimum trip.
                WH's 33s is quite attractive I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Garrison Savannah View Post
                  WH's 33s is quite attractive I think.
                  Forgot to check the price! (How rarely does THAT happen).

I agree. I am not the biggest fan in the world and he didn;t blow me away beating Fagan on debut, but I do like Fagan and there is 16s in some places about him...

Comment

Class should prevail for Yanworth over inadequate trip , I do like horses who start of season running way short of there Cheltenham target race JLT/RSA. Build em up slowly to peak at right time ,king masterful at that.

Comment

I find it odd that Yanworth's debut is over a shorter than ideal trip, on soft ground, going right handed for a 7k pot.
                      I'm really not sure what to make of it...

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                        I find it odd that Yanworth's debut is over a shorter than ideal trip, on soft ground, going right handed for a 7k pot.
                        I'm really not sure what to make of it...
                        I have to say I am really not overly excited about Yanworth going over fences this season He should have more than enough to see off this field but odds of 1/4 and 1/5... I would be very cautious of him over fences especially his first couple of runs.
                        I don't think he'll take to fences that smoothly and possibly not end too well and it would not surprise me in the least to see him come back over hurdles later on in the year, particularly if UNWIMH isn't quite showing the same spark as last year (though no major reason why UNWIMH wouldn't)

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
                          I have to say I am really not overly excited about Yanworth going over fences this season He should have more than enough to see off this field but odds of 1/4 and 1/5... I would be very cautious of him over fences especially his first couple of runs.
                          I don't think he'll take to fences that smoothly and possibly not end too well and it would not surprise me in the least to see him come back over hurdles later on in the year, particularly if UNWIMH isn't quite showing the same spark as last year (though no major reason why UNWIMH wouldn't)

I personally think he will do very well, his beatings of charbel and shantou village at Cheltenham as a novice long stay in my mind, 2m4 would be his trip for me, needs to respect his fences more than he does his hurdles, but ibexoect him to be a huge player for this race. No small task at all tomorrow, will be impressed if he wins well. I wouldn't have him anywhere near 1/4. As sternrubin a very solid horse and comes here fit.

Comment

Sternrubin is a front runner so should guarantee a decent enough pace that will help Yanworth over this shorter trip. I'm not sure how hard they'll go on Sternrubin though as he's run 6 times on the flat since May and was originally being aimed at the Cesarewitch before disappointing in the trial. He could be fit but he could also be due a break too.

Comment

I was really happy with yanworth there, especially as I rate sternrubin over 2 miles, nudged out by Geraghty in Yanworth s usual style and well on top at the line, im confident that 2m4 is his trip. And looking forward to him over fences.

Comment

As a Yanworth backer in RSA , very happy with that

Comment

Working...
                                X