Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

JLT Novices 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invitation only for me.

Goes of fav and wins.

I'd have al boum photo/ monalee over him though if they switched. The betting suggests that's pretty much a done deal though.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      Invitation only for me.

Goes of fav and wins.

I'd have al boum photo/ monalee over him though if they switched. The betting suggests that's pretty much a done deal though.
      I am now leaning this way after reviewing the race more closely.

Have a nagging feeling that Finian's Oscar isn't quite done with yet either, but overall the Irish form looks above what the British have offered up so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
        Not my idea of the winner Robbante, unfortunately I just don't think he is good enough.

Was a bookies horse for much of last season, because he was held in high regard, since joining Nicholls he went off favourite no fewer than 12 times from 15 runs over both hurdles and chases, and all bar one of them races he won one where he was actually odds against, the other times he was entitled to win, being as short as he was in the betting.

He started off as a fair hurdler with Paul, until he was stepped up in class, and I think the same will happen with him as a chaser, I'm not taking that Grade 2 chase he won at Wincanton seriously as only 3 ran, come to think of it he has yet to contest a chase with more than 4 runners, which in fairness probably says more about the lack of novice chasers in this country compared with Ireland!

He has only beat what has been put in front of him apart from that 1 fall, although he did look like he was going to be beat that day and West Approach isn't a horse whose form would give me confidence in another for a race like this!

I must admit though, in review of how this race could pan out and the number of runners there might be he may well hit a place, and think it is a race that will be devoid of overall quality compared with the Arkle & RSA now.
        Fair points and he would definitely need to step up on what he’s shown so far to win. Have done him ew on the basis that 5 of the first 10 in the market are unlikely to turn up. Much like apples shakira, willoughby court seems stronger now than he once did as the opposition all seems to be going elsewhere. Have him covered from early but have never really fancied him all season, modus as an each way play makes sense for my book as I wouldn’t be overly surprised to see him win. The more I look at this race the more I feel Al Boum Photo would hack up. Haven’t got that same confidence in Invitation Only strangely

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
          I am now leaning this way after reviewing the race more closely.

Have a nagging feeling that Finian's Oscar isn't quite done with yet either, but overall the Irish form looks above what the British have offered up so far.
          Completely forgot about FO. He was my fancy for this a week ago (and still my biggest winner).. my heads in a mess on this race

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbante View Post
            Fair points and he would definitely need to step up on what he’s shown so far to win. Have done him ew on the basis that 5 of the first 10 in the market are unlikely to turn up. Much like apples shakira, willoughby court seems stronger now than he once did as the opposition all seems to be going elsewhere. Have him covered from early but have never really fancied him all season, modus as an each way play makes sense for my book as I wouldn’t be overly surprised to see him win. The more I look at this race the more I feel Al Boum Photo would hack him. Haven’t got that same confidence in Invitation Only strangely
            Fair play mate, at least you had the balls to put him up, I'm still currently undecided as to my final play. Have Finian's Oscar covered from early on in the season, then thought ABP would come here, now it seems IO will instead.

Comment

• Tizzard has just said FO is 'likely' to head to the festival, which is great news

He's going to wear blinkers!

The exact quote I can find is “I think our horses are in real good form and he will now go for the JLT Novices’ Chase. He’ll wear blinkers.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                Invitation only for me.

Goes of fav and wins.

Goes off fav I can see.
                Monalee and ABP I agree.

I'm not sure why I'm slightly reserved on his chances when I'd strongly fancy the other two.

FO is easily my best winner, then WC. Then ABP ....

IO I backed because I know he'll start shorter but I still need the nudge to make me think he has this won. I can't eliminate him OR get excited

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                  Goes off fav I can see.
                  Monalee and ABP I agree.

I'm not sure why I'm slightly reserved on his chances when I'd strongly fancy the other two.

FO is easily my best winner, then WC. Then ABP ....

IO I backed because I know he'll start shorter but I still need the nudge to make me think he has this won. I can't eliminate him OR get excited
                  I’m the same, just can’t have IO winning this. Too much form suggests he’s not absolutely top level at this trip. Shunt him up to 3 and if it brings about improvement he should be bang there

Comment

• Can't have ABP or IO reversing form with Monalee.... send them both here! (they won't).

Comment

• Originally posted by Innoko View Post
                      Can't have ABP or IO reversing form with Monalee.... send them both here! (they won't).
                      I could deffinately see ABP having the potential to reverse form with monalee. Same with dounikos.
                      I do however see monalee as having a very good chance
                      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Im on Finians from start of season , I still retain faith he going to be a player , certainly after vibes from stable..

Had saver weeks ago on Invitation ONly only because the Wylie/Mullins combo farm this race in recent years (Black Hercules & Yorkhill) pretty sure this is the plan.
                        He travelled well in Monalee race and cruised to turn in at Leapardstown and actually took it up on jumping the last , only to get swamped.

My personal view is this race at Leapardstown will make a man of him as he relatively lightly raced and not had battles of any note previously, 100% Ruby rides so thats a added bonus.

Forecast
                        1 - Invitations Only
                        2 - Finians Oscar
                        3 - Will"by Court

Comment

• Petit Mouchoir...? Does he come here after being beaten off by Footpad
                          Just went through his form, forgotten he was a PTP back in the day

95 on exchanges, unless the trainer has come out stating the arkle is his number 1 Plan, then maybe a reroute to the JLT could be on the cards

Crazy idea?!

Is like I’m dying to get either footpad or PM to run in the JLT lol

Comment

• I thought it was a possibility earlier in the season but there's little chance of that happening now imo

Comment

• why do you think that?

Comment

• Originally posted by opatcho View Post
                                Petit Mouchoir...? Does he come here after being beaten off by Footpad
                                Just went through his form, forgotten he was a PTP back in the day

95 on exchanges, unless the trainer has come out stating the arkle is his number 1 Plan, then maybe a reroute to the JLT could be on the cards

Crazy idea?!

Is like I’m dying to get either footpad or PM to run in the JLT lol
                                He ran an encouraging race at the Dublin festival for his comeback and will come on for the run. Enough optimism and promise there for connections to think they can turn the tables. If he had of got beaten out of sight then it could have happened but no chance he goes anywhere other than the Arkle imo

Comment

Working...
                                X