Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

JLT Novices 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingSprinterSacre View Post
    Save your money Kev and top up on FO to win this.
    To be honest I think Rathvinden is picking up races now before the big guns come out. I don't see him troubling the top horses
    Here is a question... do we have any 'top horses' this year in the novice chase ranks?

Nothing is unbeaten, and history proves time and time again that when they all beat each other there probably isn't a standout... they can all 'have their day'.

Neon Wolf, Finian's Oscar and Death Duty we're the three I'd have had up as the top prospects, while Yanworth brings a high level of form but has to be an anomoly for horses with an extra year over hurdles. Bacardys wasn't top class all season, Willoughby Court is about as solid as we have? I wouldn't say any of them are top class relative to some recent seasons, when some of the "top class" novices would not (and PROVED) they we're not out of place in open company (Coneygree, Altior, Thistlecrack)

just a thought....

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      Here is a question... do we have any 'top horses' this year in the novice chase ranks?

Nothing is unbeaten, and history proves time and time again that when they all beat each other there probably isn't a standout... they can all 'have their day'.

Neon Wolf, Finian's Oscar and Death Duty we're the three I'd have had up as the top prospects, while Yanworth brings a high level of form but has to be an anomoly for horses with an extra year over hurdles. Bacardys wasn't top class all season, Willoughby Court is about as solid as we have? I wouldn't say any of them are top class relative to some recent seasons, when some of the "top class" novices would not (and PROVED) they we're not out of place in open company (Coneygree, Altior, Thistlecrack)

just a thought....
      To be honest I believe FO is a top horse. He won his point and within 70 odd days he had won a grade 1 over hurdles.
      he only lost his final race of the season by a short head after being collared late on. To have such a good hurdle season when chasing is meant to be his game marked him out as a very special horse to me. As you can tell I am excited by him.
      As for the others I agree. I'm hoping death duty will be top class though. Tomorrow will be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
        Fagan is a decent horse and I'd expect him to be lining up in the 4m at Cheltenham in march. I thought it was a decent debut over fences given the ground and opposition.
        If Fagin lining up in four miler , id suggest Fagin is a plodder and nothing exceptional and wont be contesting the top graded races. Fair horse yes , but i wouldnt be expecting fireworks ,more a gentile sparkler.

Comment

To be honest I believe FO is a top horse. He won his point and within 70 odd days he had won a grade 1 over hurdles.
          he only lost his final race of the season by a short head after being collared late on. To have such a good hurdle season when chasing is meant to be his game marked him out as a very special horse to me. As you can tell I am excited by him.
          As for the others I agree. I'm hoping death duty will be top class though. Tomorrow will be interesting.
          Looks like we're down to just 1 top class novice then! 10/1 this race or 6/1 any race may look silly BUT

I haven't backed Rathvinden yet, but we can surely assume Mullins will have one of the first 3 in the betting for this race, he has targeted it for years now

2011 Noble Prince Tony McCoy Paul Nolan (11/1 Blazing Tempo - Ruby still riding for Nicholls at this point)
          2012 Sir Des Champs Davy Russell Willie Mullins
          2013 Benefficient Bryan Cooper Tony Martin (Mullins had a 12/1 shot Marito)
          2014 Taquin du Seuil Tony McCoy Jonjo O'Neill (Felix Yonger 7/2f - 4th)
          2015 Vautour Ruby Walsh Willie Mullins
          2016 Black Hercules Ruby Walsh Willie Mullins
          2017 Yorkhill Ruby Walsh Willie Mullins

In the betting we have Footpad, Melon, Bacardys, Chacun Pour Soi, Invitation Only, Rathvinden ..... I can't see Melon stepping up in trip/chasing so I'll rule that out. Bacardys almost certainly further...

Any news on Footpad, just about to go out so not got time to look....
          Chacun Pour Soi - 33/1 shot and put up as a horse to follow by Ricci and Joe Chambers....
          Invitation Only - again, no idea if chasing...
          Rathvinden - placed on both visits to Cheltenham including the festival...

at 33/1 you can see why I've given it a double take at least?

Comment

Oh yes mate i can certainly see why you have made the case. I just tend to be wary about horses out from the summer who are picking up wins while most of the proper jumpers are on their holidays. Think hes been on the go since July and has been busy enough.

Comment

P.s sorry if my first response sounded cheeky. It was said mainly in jest but i am a big FO fan (watch him flop now lol).

Comment

Oh yes mate i can certainly see why you have made the case. I just tend to be wary about horses out from the summer who are picking up wins while most of the proper jumpers are on their holidays. Think hes been on the go since July and has been busy enough.
                P.s sorry if my first response sounded cheeky. It was said mainly in jest but i am a big FO fan (watch him flop now lol).
                Don't worry, I wouldn't take any offense... not that kinda forum I enjoyed looking at the previous races though ... I've actually backed the Ricci runner at 33/1, which is based purely on hype rather than substance because you're most likely right in that the better chasers aren't running yet!

I do think sometimes a Mullins runner can go under the radar if it isn't with the 'right' owners though. Like Killultagh Vic was maybe?

Comment

Just listening to Joe Tizzard on Finian's Oscar... he answered a question about when they decided to go over fences with FO. He said "mid-summer, as we don't think he'd want the world hurdle trip at this stage yet" ... and earlier he said he is the most likely horse they've ever had at this stage to be a Gold Cup horse..... now to me that means he will NOT be going for the RSA this season. I don't think that 10/1 is short enough and I will have 2 pts on.

I have been the one suggesting he might go for an 'easier' Arkle, but I haven't invested anything but free bets on to that and I feel like I need to start putting pts on FO.

Comment

It's quite simple really...

Supreme runners go for the Arkle.
                    Neptune runners got for the JLT.
                    Albert Bartlett runners go for the RSA.

Don't see what can go wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                      Just listening to Joe Tizzard on Finian's Oscar...
                      Where was that from Kev?

According to The Racing Club Postcast on TalkSport2 today Tizzard has said Finians Oscar is due to run at Chepstow next weekend.
                      I'm guessing it'll be in the Novice Chase over 2m3 on the Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
                        Where was that from Kev?

According to The Racing Club Postcast on TalkSport2 today Tizzard has said Finians Oscar is due to run at Chepstow next weekend.
                        I'm fairly sure that's where Cue Card started over fences, as did Thistlecrack.

Comment

The jlt looks a quality renewal. With
                          Finians Oscar
                          Yanworth
                          Sutton place
                          Footpad
                          Willoughby court
                          All confirmed chasing and look ideal for this trip.
                          Bacardys may go here but I think he'd make a smashing 3 miler chasers. Would be surprised if death duty went anywhere other than the rsa personally.
                          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
                            Where was that from Kev?

Racing UK - an interview before Mark Your Card came on...

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                            I'm fairly sure that's where Cue Card started over fences, as did Thistlecrack.
                            Probably can't cleam too much in to that in terms of target. Obviously just shows they think he's a good one, but that isn't a surprise. Be great to see!

Comment

Has anyone heard whether or not supasundae is going chasing priced up for this about 20-1 and he's a horse I like a lot along with Sutton place for this.

Comment

Originally posted by taylorch1990 View Post
                                Has anyone heard whether or not supasundae is going chasing priced up for this about 20-1 and he's a horse I like a lot along with Sutton place for this.
                                Both set to go chasing as it stands now.
                                Bare in mind that finians and supasundae may be split up being the same owners. Same as yanworth/ Sutton place.
                                https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                                Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Working...
                                X