Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

JLT Novices 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like Rathvinden a lot myself, my only bet for the JLT so far alongside Finian's Oscar. I wasn't convinced Bamako was high in the pecking order at Willie's judging by the way he was campaigned, but he's done nothing but improve and may have surprised even them. Rathvinden without a doubt the classier horse over hurdles, but on bare form there's little between them over fences. I'd like to see both of them in the Drinmore just to get a clearer view of the JLT picture.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      Was this the race peace news flopped in last year? Airlie beach won?

A few of my supreme darts will bite the dust by this time next week haha
      Race Peace News fell in. Was also another race where Labaik refused at the start, so the supreme winner last year was at least targeted at this one!

Comment

• So was the Albert Bartlett winner.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
          So was the Albert Bartlett winner.
          Same connections have an entry in it too

Comment

• Modus and yanworth both entered up in the same race this week. Both major players for this race in my eyes,
            Willoughby court in the same race.
            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
              Modus and yanworth both entered up in the same race this week. Both major players for this race in my eyes,
              Really hope they all line up. I'm really keen on Willoughby Court still for the JLT and can see him beating Yanworth going back left handed on Friday (and Yanworth maybe reverting back to hurdles in the aftermath). Has the air of a spring horse about him and he was soundly beaten first time up last year, so you can argue his under-par performance first time out this year was to be expected. Has the all important course form in the bag and we know he will be going from the front (and stays well) so is pretty uncomplicated. His form ties in closely with Finian's Oscar from last year and WC was always thought of as a chaser. If Finian's goes the Arkle route then i'd be confident that Willoughby Court will go close in this race. Hopefully he goes close on Friday else I could see them experimenting with going up in trip

Comment

Modus and yanworth both entered up in the same race this week. Both major players for this race in my eyes,
                I'd take Adrien Du Pont over Modus from the Nicholls yard. Modus had some decent handicap Hurdle form but I'm not sure he'll improve much more for chasing. Adrien Du Pont on the other hand is very unexposed and was bought with chasing in mind and has been lightly campaigned so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                  I'd take Adrien Du Pont over Modus from the Nicholls yard. Modus had some decent handicap Hurdle form but I'm not sure he'll improve much more for chasing. Adrien Du Pont on the other hand is very unexposed and was bought with chasing in mind and has been lightly campaigned so far.
                  I like adrien do pont, think he may want 3 miles in time though. Think yanworth runs over modus so may be irrelevant.

Comment

I like adrien do pont, think he may want 3 miles in time though. Think yanworth runs over modus so may be irrelevant.
                    Any thoughts on the other potential JP runner in this, Jerrysback? He's on my radar but not even seen an entry so far and the clock is ticking for novice chasers to make their debuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                      Any thoughts on the other potential JP runner in this, Jerrysback? He's on my radar but not even seen an entry so far and the clock is ticking for novice chasers to make their debuts.
                      IT was suggested he might take in a handicap hurdle first but that seems unlikely now!

Comment

• Any news on Death Duty and his likely target? Always thought he was going to be an RSA type this season but seems more likely this race now?.. when is he next due out?

Comment

• Originally posted by darlojim View Post
                          Any news on Death Duty and his likely target? Always thought he was going to be an RSA type this season but seems more likely this race now?.. when is he next due out?
                          Hes out on Sunday in the drinmore. More likely 2 m4 for the festival atm but that could easily all change

Comment

• 8 left in the Drinmore; Death Duty, Rathvinden, Snow Falcon, Tombstone, Townshend, Shattered Love, Tout Est Permis, and Dinaria Des Obeaux.

It will be interesting to see how much is between Death Duty and Rathvinden in the betting, because on form and ratings there really is very little if anything at all. Dinaria Des Obeaux could be interesting with her allowance, but shouldn't be at these guys' level. Rathvinden running has to be a positive for his JLT backers, not so much for those on Bamako Moriviere.

Intersting PP go 20/1 for the JLT while everyone else is 33/1. I'd be mopping that up if I wasn't already on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Montjeu View Post
                              8 left in the Drinmore; Death Duty, Rathvinden, Snow Falcon, Tombstone, Townshend, Shattered Love, Tout Est Permis, and Dinaria Des Obeaux.

It will be interesting to see how much is between Death Duty and Rathvinden in the betting, because on form and ratings there really is very little if anything at all. Dinaria Des Obeaux could be interesting with her allowance, but shouldn't be at these guys' level. Rathvinden running has to be a positive for his JLT backers, not so much for those on Bamako Moriviere.

Intersting PP go 20/1 for the JLT while everyone else is 33/1. I'd be mopping that up if I wasn't already on.
                              Actually think dinaria des obeaux could go close off that weight. The betting will be interesting and tombstone not completely out of it he sticks on well of the bridle.
                              All in all death duty will be a strong fav but very competative and interesting race none of them without a chance.
                              Dont think Bamako moriviere not being declared hurts his future targets assuming all is well.
                              Last edited by Scooby91; 28 November 2017, 03:01 PM.

Comment

• I’d rather the 20s any race with Hills for Rathvinden. He’s won over further and saw him tipped for the 4 miler earlier in the season (though would think this unlikely now) so could go anywhere. Winner of the Drinmore often ends up over further as well

Comment

Working...
                                X